Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birds of Prey

+16
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
joegavilan
superdoug
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
WonderWoman2.0
jaydee74
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Fresh03
shining knight
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:03 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed with everyone. This is one of the best titles on the shelves right now

77Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:38 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#5 was good. I like the Birds' new digs. The only downside is that we have to wait until November for the next issue since next month is bumped because of the "Return of Bruce Wayne" one-shots. I love me some Marc Andreyko, so I'll get the Oracle issue, but it's still a bummer.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

78Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Just picked up all 5 at the new LCS. Great stuff.

79Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:28 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have the issue and will be reading it over the weekend. I flipped through the book a bit and I love their new HQ. Looks really neat.

80Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 pm

ScarletW

ScarletW
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Love the relationship of Creote and Savant. Looking forward to the new HQ.

81Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:13 am

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

#5 was great. The Huntress is awesome. Makes me wish I had been reading BoP sooner.

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

82Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Birds of Prey #5

Loved it. Huntress is indeed awesome.

I just LOVE this team so much.

Gail really gets these characters.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

83Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:56 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I always saw Huntress as one of those characters with some really great potential but is rarely used. It's nice to see her getting some face time here

84Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:06 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^yes

I love the Huntress. She's one of my favorite DC characters, and she works so well in BoP.

85Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great issue. Other than her current costume, I do like the Huntress. I loved the scene with Hawk. It's a side to him that I don't remember ever seeing before and I liked it. I also like the new HQ a lot. Bringing it a Ted Kord reference is never bad. The art is as usual beautiful and the last page was very cool. Can't wait to see where this goes and as always Gail is writing an amazing series.

86Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I always saw Huntress as one of those characters with some really great potential but is rarely used. It's nice to see her getting some face time here

Batman25JM wrote:^yes

I love the Huntress. She's one of my favorite DC characters, and she works so well in BoP.
Completely agree on Huntress guys. Great to see her being used well - I also thought she was great recently in the Detective Comics Question back-up story.

jaydee74 wrote:Great issue. Other than her current costume, I do like the Huntress. I loved the scene with Hawk. It's a side to him that I don't remember ever seeing before and I liked it. I also like the new HQ a lot. Bringing it a Ted Kord reference is never bad. The art is as usual beautiful and the last page was very cool. Can't wait to see where this goes and as always Gail is writing an amazing series.
While I liked the story as usual, man I found the art harsh after Ed Benes's work on the first 4 issues. I really hope he's not out for too long because I really found this stuff from Lee and Melo to be pretty weak.

Hey, just a question - many, many years ago when I last read regular stuff with Black Canary in it (ie. 80s Green Arrow) she actually had short black hair and the blonde hair was a wig. Is that not the case anymore?

87Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, you know what? I take back my art statement. It was very uneven the second time I looked at it. Not so great afterall.

88Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:08 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Aussiemandias wrote:Hey, just a question - many, many years ago when I last read regular stuff with Black Canary in it (ie. 80s Green Arrow) she actually had short black hair and the blonde hair was a wig. Is that not the case anymore?

She got tired of the wig, so she grew it out and dyed it blond.

89Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, the art in #5 was uneven. I liked some of it, didn't like other parts. It wasn't nearly as good as Benes'. I hope he comes back soon.

90Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. I just checked the art again and it was very uneven. Some was ok and some was kind of bad. Where the heck is Benes?

91Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:41 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:It wasn't nearly as good as Benes'. I hope he comes back soon.
jaydee74 wrote:Where the heck is Benes?

He's gone. Alvin Lee is on art again for #6, then Adrian Syaf takes over as regular penciller with #7, with Vincente Cifuentes inking.

92Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:12 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Hey, just a question - many, many years ago when I last read regular stuff with Black Canary in it (ie. 80s Green Arrow) she actually had short black hair and the blonde hair was a wig. Is that not the case anymore?

She got tired of the wig, so she grew it out and dyed it blond.
Well that makes a lot of sense actually. A lot easier than sticking a wig on all the time although having different colour hair would help a lot with the secret disguise.

rwe1138 wrote:

He's gone. Alvin Lee is on art again for #6, then Adrian Syaf takes over as regular penciller with #7, with Vincente Cifuentes inking.

That's a real shame about Benes, his action scenes were fantastic but Syaf will be a good replacement.

93Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lets hope so.

94Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:

Why'd he leave? He wasn't on long. I'll miss him. I like Syaf though.

95Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:13 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

According to Gail, he's been ill. I assume that's why #2-4 had additional pencils by Adriana da Silva Melo and why Lee filled in on #5 & 6. I don't know if Syaf taking over has anything to do with it, though.

96Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:42 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Completely agree on Huntress guys. Great to see her being used well - I also thought she was great recently in the Detective Comics Question back-up story.

Agreed. That was a nice short story for her

97Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:43 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:According to Gail, he's been ill. I assume that's why #2-4 had additional pencils by Adriana da Silva Melo and why Lee filled in on #5 & 6. I don't know if Syaf taking over has anything to do with it, though.
Oh. Well, that sucks. I hope he's getting better.

98Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:57 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

With the book skipping this month (BOO!!!), I picked up the Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Oracle "one-shot." Not bad. Not fantastic either, but Marc Andreyko's usually solid, and I dug the art by Agustin Padilla. I liked how Oracle mentioned that her usual operatives were overseas, so it ties in well with what's happening in BoP. Plus, Marc writing Manhunter is always a winner in my book.

99Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm curious in checking this out but I will probably get the entire thing in trade.

100Birds of Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Oracle #1

I liked this quite a bit. I think it was one of the better Bruce Wayne: The Road Home one-shots. And the art was great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next