Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birds of Prey

+16
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
joegavilan
superdoug
Aussiemandias
Debaser77
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
WonderWoman2.0
jaydee74
rwe1138
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Fresh03
shining knight
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:22 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Issue #2 showed up a week late at my comic shop so only just read this.

I've just got to say - how well does Ed Benes draw action sequences! That whole fight scene was great. Not that it's a big deal but I really think Dinah (or her writers more appropriately) underutilises her sonic scream in fights. In this situation she gave us the sense that they were in a bit of trouble in this fight so I would think the best idea would be just to end it quickly with a sonic scream. Anyway, that would have robbed us of Benes's great fight sequence so there you go.

So there's that great work by Benes to start with then we get this jarring transition to Melo in the middle of the book. I've seen Melo's work before look really great so I'm suspecting this is a bit of a rush job. Disappointing for the second issue as Loosecannon says above.

It totally cracked me up when Dove tells Penguin she's got him and he's staring right at her boobs with a grin on his face! That was a very funny moment.

Overall I have to say this is a fantastic start to this book. Simone's just dropped us right in the middle of an action packed story.

I read this later on as well. I agree with everything, I LOVE Benes's art (if for anything, the wonderful cheesecake), but one thing was bothering me: Since when did the comic start taking place in the Marvel Universe? I thought denizens of DC loved their heroes. Suddenly they hate on them and trash them on TV? What is this I don't even.

52Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:38 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I read this later on as well. I agree with everything, I LOVE Benes's art (if for anything, the wonderful cheesecake), but one thing was bothering me: Since when did the comic start taking place in the Marvel Universe? I thought denizens of DC loved their heroes. Suddenly they hate on them and trash them on TV? What is this I don't even.

That my dear Doctor is called a well placed "Screw-Job".

53Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:one thing was bothering me: Since when did the comic start taking place in the Marvel Universe? I thought denizens of DC loved their heroes. Suddenly they hate on them and trash them on TV? What is this I don't even.

We've seen plenty of occasions where the media screws over the hero.

Wonder Woman killing Max Lord
Max Lord's currently manipulation of certain heroes
Amazon's Attack
Cat Grant and Supergirl
Superman and New Krypton

For the most part, yes, the heroes in the DCU are respected. But that doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to knock them down.

54Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:51 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#3 was good. Nice to see last issue's presumed deceased not so deceased.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

55Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#3 was also good. The first page was messed up in so many ways. I felt the issue was tad melodramatic but not bad. I did like the swerve with two particular characters. Does anyone else know who the White Canary is? Apparently the Black Canary does. I am so curious as to who it is. I like the addition of Hawk and Dove to the team. I am curious as to how the team is gong to deal with Hawk. I remember an issue of New Teen Titans when Donna Troy beat Hawk up pretty badly due to his overly violent ways. I wonder how that will play out on this team? I'm curious to see how this all turns out.

56Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Birds of Prey #3

Loved it. This is one of my favorite books on the stands.

Benes' art is just awesome.

I'm enjoying having Hawk and Dove on the team more and more each issue.

I'm even more curious as to who White Canary is, now that Black Canary has figured it out.

rwe1138 wrote:#3 was good. Nice to see last issue's presumed deceased not so deceased.

Yeah, I'm glad they aren't dead. Though, I'm not sure how I feel about their return to the dark side. They could still turn out to still be on the good side, but I'm not sure that's where this will go.

57Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say I'm curious to see where this series is going. The team is in a lot of trouble.

58Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:40 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I gotta say I'm curious to see where this series is going. The team is in a lot of trouble.

Yeah I think that's the key here - it's a great start and I'm keen to see where it's going. Hawk and Dove's involvement certainly adds some extra interest as well. Well, I think Dove would fit in anywhere but mostly it's more about Hawk - he doesn't even seem to want to be there.

That opening scene with Penguin's delirium was pretty funny and very well drawn by Benes. Wink I found Melo's sections a little less intrusive than last issue.

59Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:59 pm

ScarletW

ScarletW
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

That first scene in issue 3 was hilarious! Laughing

60Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

naughty penguin

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

61Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:naughty penguin
Penguin is a pervert but awesome.

62Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:16 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#4 was good. White Canary's reveal was handled extremely well; it explained all it needed to for new readers, yet remained a nice callback for longtime fans. I had totally forgotten about Savant's mental issues regarding time.

Moment of Awesome: "Guess what I just noticed? Both your hands are occupied."

63Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Birds of Prey #4

Another awesome issue. The White Canary reveal was great.

64Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this latest issue was great. I have to be honest though that the White Canary reveal did nothing for me. The issue did enough to get me to know who she was but for me it wasn't like jaw-dropping revelation for me but that was just me. I was more surprised with the Penguin swerve. The ending had me on the edge of my seat and I simply cannot wait for the next issue. Gail Simone writes the hell out of this book and these characters and it's just full of awesome.

65Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^The White Canary reveal wasn't jaw dropping or anything, but I liked it. I was expecting it to be an established character.

For some reason, I saw the Penguin thing coming. It didn't surprise me.

66Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^The White Canary reveal wasn't jaw dropping or anything, but I liked it. I was expecting it to be an established character.

For some reason, I saw the Penguin thing coming. It didn't surprise me.

It was cool enough I guess but I was more interested in the Penguin swerve than the White Canary thing and I guess I should have guessed the Penguin swerve because he's the Penguin and that's what he does but I gotta say I was fooled.

67Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

im ready for 5!!!!!!!!

68Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Me too!!!

69Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:47 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Anyone else think WC is lying about Shiva?

70Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

errr... i dunno

shivas a bitch...

71Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think when it comes to this book so far, anything is possible.

72Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:05 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I thought this latest issue was great. I have to be honest though that the White Canary reveal did nothing for me. The issue did enough to get me to know who she was but for me it wasn't like jaw-dropping revelation for me but that was just me. I was more surprised with the Penguin swerve. The ending had me on the edge of my seat and I simply cannot wait for the next issue. Gail Simone writes the hell out of this book and these characters and it's just full of awesome.

I also loved Dove's decking of Penguin. Bam! Right on the nose! Heh. I'm actually starting to quite like Dove both here and over at Brightest Day.

Got to also give mention to Ed Benes's work here. He is really killing it on the action sequences - I think they've been really dynamic. Adriana Melo is a bit of a disappointment as I recall his work looking a hell of a lot better when he worked on Ms Marvel.

73Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I thought this latest issue was great. I have to be honest though that the White Canary reveal did nothing for me. The issue did enough to get me to know who she was but for me it wasn't like jaw-dropping revelation for me but that was just me. I was more surprised with the Penguin swerve. The ending had me on the edge of my seat and I simply cannot wait for the next issue. Gail Simone writes the hell out of this book and these characters and it's just full of awesome.

I also loved Dove's decking of Penguin. Bam! Right on the nose! Heh. I'm actually starting to quite like Dove both here and over at Brightest Day.

Got to also give mention to Ed Benes's work here. He is really killing it on the action sequences - I think they've been really dynamic. Adriana Melo is a bit of a disappointment as I recall his work looking a hell of a lot better when he worked on Ms Marvel.
The art is absolutely amazing. I am loving it.

74Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, Benes is kicking ass right now.

75Birds of Prey - Page 3 Empty Re: Birds of Prey Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say that Gail Simone writes the hell out of this book. It's like she puts everything she has into this book and it's just outstanding. I love her on this book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next