Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragonball KAI in america

+5
kreepfan
BlueMaxx
shiky800
Batman25JM
shining knight
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Sat May 08, 2010 3:57 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, apparently not only will this air on Nicktoons, it will also be airing on The CW4Kids (which will be renamed Toonzai in the fall).

27Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Sun May 09, 2010 9:04 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

when is it going to start on TV?

28Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Sun May 09, 2010 10:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It starts on Nicktoons on May 24th.

29Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Mon May 10, 2010 8:19 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:It starts on Nicktoons on May 24th.
thanks

30Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:It starts on Nicktoons on May 24th.
thanks

No problemo, I aim to please. Wink

31Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Tue May 11, 2010 10:06 pm

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

I saw an episode of it from Japan and i enjoyed it. I will set my DVR for it to give it a try

32Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 pm

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I just picked up part 1 (eps 1 - 13)at best buy.

33Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Mon May 24, 2010 3:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Hehe. Starts May 24th on Nicktoons here in the States. Probably'll be edited, though. Still haven't seen the missing episode of Krillin on Frieza's (Lvl. 2) horn the entire episode.
Tonight @ 8 (EST) first two episodes. Smile Or maybe just the first episode twice? Probably the previous. I'm just not getting info on the episode. Thinking of watching it.

34Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DVR Has been set. Very Happy

35Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Tue May 25, 2010 2:07 pm

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I feel sorry for any parents who's kid loves this show and goes out to buy the DVD only then to realize Master Roshi asks for Bulma's "goodies" and pretends to grab her breasts...also they'll likely notice he's not drinking foaming Milk.

And what's with Nicktoons changing the opening? and having what sounds like Jarrod Norrell singing a chopped version of what Sean Schemmel did.
For those who don't remember him

36Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Tue May 25, 2010 10:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

James Ian Corlett, voice of Goku during the early DBZ sagas, also voiced Megaman in his tv show. Thought that was neat. (May have already knew that, but forgot. Laughing)

37Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Wed May 26, 2010 1:09 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haven't watched the DVD yet, but I did catch (some of) the premiere on Nicktoons. Anyway, on TV the version of the opening sounded like Vic Mignogna.

38Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Wed May 26, 2010 2:27 am

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Batman25JM wrote:I haven't watched the DVD yet, but I did catch (some of) the premiere on Nicktoons. Anyway, on TV the version of the opening sounded like Vic Mignogna.

It was.

39Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Wed May 26, 2010 3:09 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I thought so. I hadn't bothered to check though. Thanks.

40Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Mon May 31, 2010 11:31 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dislike the opener and closer. Kinda hokey.

Tomorrow's finally some goodness, with the Saiyans finally landing. Everyone in that city is going to die. shake my head Heh.

41Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really liking Kai. I've watched a few of the episodes on TV. I still haven't watched the season 1 part 1 set I got. I will soon.

I am curious though: why were some of the parts recast? Are the actors who originally did the voices no longer with FUNimation, or is there another reason?

42Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I caught a few episodes yesterday. I was expecting it to be horribly butchered - as most anime that air in the states tend to be (prime example: Naruto).

I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, there's stil cheesy edited dialogue (Darn you jerk!), but people actually friggin' die. Awesome. I remember when the original aried, and even at ten years old I was like "I'm gonna send you to another dimension?" "What the hell is this bullcrap?" Now granted, there's still virtually no blood - to be expected, can't make it too graphic, godforbid you should show that people tend to bleed when their arms get cut off, but like I said, they actually don't prance around the issue that people are getting killed.

43Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:52 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:I caught a few episodes yesterday. I was expecting it to be horribly butchered - as most anime that air in the states tend to be (prime example: Naruto).

I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, there's stil cheesy edited dialogue (Darn you jerk!), but people actually friggin' die. Awesome. I remember when the original aried, and even at ten years old I was like "I'm gonna send you to another dimension?" "What the hell is this bullcrap?" Now granted, there's still virtually no blood - to be expected, can't make it too graphic, godforbid you should show that people tend to bleed when their arms get cut off, but like I said, they actually don't prance around the issue that people are getting killed.
well if you get the DVD you will get to see the blood

44Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:48 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well i got the first box set. looking forward to seeing it. I also got Season 9 of the regular series for $19.98 and i will sell the individual DVDs that i have and get about the same amount of money back. or at least it worked with the other sets i bought

45Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:I caught a few episodes yesterday. I was expecting it to be horribly butchered - as most anime that air in the states tend to be (prime example: Naruto).

I HATED all the "I'm going to send you to another dimension" stuff in the original dub. I didn't get into DBZ until after the show had ended its original run in the states. The first saga I saw was the Kid Buu saga. I saw the rest of the series out of order as well. The original dub of the Saiyan and Namek sagas were the last things I saw and man am I glad that was the case. If they had been the first I saw I never would have watched the rest of the series.

46Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't believe they are already to the Namek stuff. Man did they cut the fat.

47Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:02 am

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Was it just me or did Frieza's voice sound different?

48Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ A good few of the voices are different. I think they may have redubbed slightly because of omissions. Don't like Bulma's new voice.

49Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:21 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kreepfan wrote:Was it just me or did Frieza's voice sound different?

Yeah, it was, and frankly I don't really care for the new voice. So far it's my least favorite new voice.

50Dragonball KAI in america - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball KAI in america Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ A good few of the voices are different.
Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum