Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Boys

+18
Paroxysm
Spideybono
Aussiemandias
Spaced4SimonPegg
Esbat
melvinlikechris
Rath99
superdoug
shining knight
Metal Misfit
Hannibal king
Lee
Debaser77
Joshua
Justin
Silent K
FroZen
J Nova
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #41

This was a pretty amusing issue. Superduper are truly lame but in the scheme of things really should just be left alone. The scariest thing in this issue was the look on Butcher's face in the last panel. Damn he really looks like he wants to kill Hughie - he's just drawing all the wrong conclusions. I'm glad MM is looking into this now because he might be the only thing that saves Hughie's arse.

52The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I just started reading thing, so far it's fucking hilarious.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

53The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

I'm catching up on the last 8 or so issues, the origin of Mother's Milk makes me remember why I love Garth Ennis so much, that one issue a while back where he had to stop at his mothers house is making a little more sense now, I was laughing my %#@! ass off. lmao

54The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:13 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just ordered Volume 4.

55The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

Adam Mcay to direct The Boys, but wait....Samuel Bayer may have something to say about that.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/26/anchorman-director-adam-mckay-to-adapt-comic-series-the-boys/

56The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Warren_Worthington IV wrote:Adam Mcay to direct The Boys, but wait....Samuel Bayer may have something to say about that.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/26/anchorman-director-adam-mckay-to-adapt-comic-series-the-boys/

This is a thread about this over in the tv/cinema section. Of course I had to put my 2 cents in Laughing

57The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

^I searched for one before I posted that damn post too, haha. Figures.

58The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:14 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

After listening to Lee rave about "The Boys" on the "Pop-cast", I had to give it a try. I'm absolutely hooked now and loving every issue!

59The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shanhain wrote:After listening to Lee rave about "The Boys" on the "Pop-cast", I had to give it a try. I'm absolutely hooked now and loving every issue!

Look forward to this every month!

60The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #42

Well things are building up not so nicely for Hughie. I can see what's going to happen next as Butcher's plan is not going to work and it's going to make Hughie look bad. If Butcher orchestrates a fight between Malchemical and Hughie, I'm sure by that point Malchemical's going to be thinking Hughie is the guy from Vought who's going to be assessing his performance therefore will hold back in the fight. This is just going to fuel Hughie's suspicions even more.

There's so much stuff building up in this storyline now it's great. On top of Butcher's paranoia about Hughie, it's just a matter of time until Hughie and his girlfriend's secrets are revealed to each other and then what's going to happen?

61The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Tue May 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avoiding reading any comments here, but just wanted to say I've caught up to issue #38 so far, and loving it! This series is so awesomely preposterous. Garth Ennis seems to have a real disdain for superheroes in general. Laughing

62The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Sat May 15, 2010 5:12 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm interested in what is going down with Hughie. I'm glad the ball is rolling and hope it doesn't stall like before.

63The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Sat May 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I'm interested in what is going down with Hughie. I'm glad the ball is rolling and hope it doesn't stall like before.

It's getting close to stalling. They need to advance the story line and get this going.

64The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #43 - Well, I think MM saved Hughie big time here. I really hate to think what Billy was going to do to him although everything isn't exactly rosy just yet. Billy's still got plans for Hughie and they don't sound good.

I don't know about anyone else but I get the distinct impression there is not going to be a happy ending to this series. Butcher's right about one thing - MM's confronting of the man from Vought may just push things over the edge.

And that Malchemical was yet another depraved Supe. These guys really are all pretty messed up.

65The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Boys Forty-Four

I think this book is back in form. I'm really intersted in the main characters again and most of all I can't wait to find out what happens next issue which is a good sign that the story is well and truly intriguing. Absolutely can't wait to see the next scene between Annie and Hughie.

I thought it was great work on the art from Russ Braun. It's not as jarring as when John McCrea has filled in. Nothing against McCrea's art but it's quite different from Darick Robertson's and I feel it's better with someone who keeps more to Robertson's style of art.

66The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:The Boys Forty-Four

I think this book is back in form. I'm really intersted in the main characters again and most of all I can't wait to find out what happens next issue which is a good sign that the story is well and truly intriguing. Absolutely can't wait to see the next scene between Annie and Hughie.

I thought it was great work on the art from Russ Braun. It's not as jarring as when John McCrea has filled in. Nothing against McCrea's art but it's quite different from Darick Robertson's and I feel it's better with someone who keeps more to Robertson's style of art.

Yeah I can't wait till the Hughie and Annie scene too! And Braun's art was definitely a very smooth transition from Robertson.

67The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Boys Forty-Five

The scene between Annie and Hughie was brilliant. There is no way I predicted Hughie would throw up! Laughing

Homelander is really brewing up some trouble, The Female continued to be a very scary individual, Oh Father is just plain wrong, Russ Braun is doing a great job filling in for Robertson. Yep, I'm loving The Boys right now.

I am so hoping there's a happy ending for Hughie in all of this. I think he and Annie may be the only truly good people in all of this.

68The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read #46. This book never disappoints! Love the interaction between Hughie and Butcher. Hughie will never look at his girl the same ever again.

69The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:12 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Just read #46. This book never disappoints! Love the interaction between Hughie and Butcher. Hughie will never look at his girl the same ever again.

Issue Forty-Six

I thought, for what was essentially one big conversation, this issue was fantastic. I think Ennis is well and truly back on song and he really has done a terrific job on this title of slowly revealing information and building everything up. I get the distinct feeling we're getting closer and closer to everything coming to a head.

Every month it's another case of poor Hughie.

70The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't know if anyone's picking up the Highland Laddie mini series but the second issue was really, really good. I was a little unsure after this first issue but with this second one I thought it really picked up. In the main it's a great character study of Hughie but there's plenty of other good stuff going on. In particular the foul-mouthed, name-calling villain is pretty funny and the tales of Hughie and his friends' youths as amateur detectives is great.

71The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Don't know if anyone's picking up the Highland Laddie mini series but the second issue was really, really good. I was a little unsure after this first issue but with this second one I thought it really picked up. In the main it's a great character study of Hughie but there's plenty of other good stuff going on. In particular the foul-mouthed, name-calling villain is pretty funny and the tales of Hughie and his friends' youths as amateur detectives is great.

I have the first 2 issues waiting for me to read them

72The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue Forty-Seven

Oh Hughie. You lost me a little bit with your verbal attack on Annie this issue. I can understand the pain you're feeling and it is mostly due to Butcher messing with your head but that's no way to talk to any woman. I thought you were better than that. Like Annie said these are things you can't ever take back.

Good stuff from Garth Ennis yet again. Hughie's a mess, Annie's a mess (and I worry about what she might do next), Butcher is starting to become pretty unlikeable (in my opinion) but he's always been a prick. Everything's going south and it's a great read.

73The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:12 pm

shanhain

shanhain
Cadet
Cadet

Just finished Issue 47 and holy shyte, I'm speechless.......totally speechless.

74The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:07 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Highland Laddie #3

I think each issue of this has been better than the last. This issue was excellent and I'm finding the whole thing very well written. This series is doing a beautiful job of fleshing out the Hughie character and his family and friends. Have to say I did not expect to see Annie turn up so I am really looking forward to the next issue.

75The Boys - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boys Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #48

First of all, The Dark Knight Returns covers was great.

I think Gareth Ennis and The Boys has been well and truly on top if its game lately and this issue was no exception. We're obviously building up to something huge and I can't wait to find out more details on what happened last time they took on The Seven.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum