Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avengers Academy

+20
comicgeekelly
Fresh03
vikoros
alucardbarnivous
Batman25JM
LOOSECANNON
Heytherejeffro
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Demonweasel
prescribeddrone
Foreigner_Man
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
rwe1138
Mnemosis
shiky800
Bigtymin504
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok. So I never read Avengers: The Initiative so are most of these characters new or did were they featured in that series?

77Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Anothe Two'fer:

Avengers Academy - Page 4 Iaminavengersacademy-6_02

A living Bio Weapon and...

Avengers Academy - Page 4 Iaminavengersacademy-5_02

Another Echo/Taskmaster'ish character?

Ok. So I never read Avengers: The Initiative so are most of these characters new or did were they featured in that series?

Looks like they're all brand new up to this point.

78Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

These characters look very interesting.

79Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Anothe Two'fer:

Fappable wimmens....that's what I'm talking about. Laughing

80Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a feeling that I'm really going to like Finesse. Just based on the picture and quote I think she'll be either a non powered hero with Olympic athletic ability or like Fresh says have the ability to mimic moves. Either way I like that stuff. I'm a big fan of street level heroes.

81Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Hmm, wonder if Hazmat is any relation to the Radioactive Man...

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

82Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

*yawn*

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

83Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:48 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

Fappable wimmens....that's what I'm talking about. Laughing
Yessir. Laughing

These two look really awesome. I love their looks and quotes, especially Finesse's.

And good call rwe, sounds like a great guess to me.

84Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:58 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Those last two are the first to interest me. Although, I'll admit... I hate the name Finesse.

Taskmaster would be the only thing to make me consider buying this book.

85Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:30 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why don't they just give us Young Avengers ongoing instead? This is rediculous rehashes of stuff we have. It is almost like the Teen Titans of the MU at the rate they are going. I don't see this book lasting long at all unless they just keep wacking characters and bringing up new ones...oh and they have got to have Task Master as their trainer. So far this book looks like a 5 book 1 story arc thing, nobody seems to be excited about it at all.

86Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Why don't they just give us Young Avengers ongoing instead? This is rediculous rehashes of stuff we have. It is almost like the Teen Titans of the MU at the rate they are going. I don't see this book lasting long at all unless they just keep wacking characters and bringing up new ones...oh and they have got to have Task Master as their trainer. So far this book looks like a 5 book 1 story arc thing, nobody seems to be excited about it at all.

I'm laying pretty good money that Taskmaster is in the Secret Avengers. I think he's going to see his chance to move up and get a kill/takedown shot on Osborn and/or the Sentry.

http://www.demonweasel.com

87Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm curious as to who is going to be teaching at Avengers Academy.

88Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gage interview
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25250

So he says they'll have a core group of instructors, but big name Avengers like Thor and Hawkeye will show up to help now and then too. Sweet.

89Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Gage interview
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25250

So he says they'll have a core group of instructors, but big name Avengers like Thor and Hawkeye will show up to help now and then too. Sweet.

That's pretty damn cool.

90Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers Academy #1

Avengers Academy - Page 4 AvengersAcademy1

91Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:05 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Avengers Academy #1

Avengers Academy - Page 4 12690410

That caught my eye and made me laugh. That guy is never going to hear the end of Red Skull jokes.

92Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Avengers Academy #1

Avengers Academy - Page 4 12690410

That caught my eye and made me laugh. That guy is never going to hear the end of Red Skull jokes.
Ha, awesome.

93Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers Academy's faculty and staff!

Avengers Academy - Page 4 AA

Nice to see Robbie back as Speedball. thumbs up

CBR: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25782
The teaching lineup for Gage's "Avengers Academy" was revealed, including Tigra, Justice, Quicksilver, The Wasp (Hank Pym) and Speedball, of whom Gage said, "It's not monkey Speedball!" The writer added "He's trying to move past the horrible things he's been through as Penance, but he's going to find out it's not as easy as changing clothes." In fact, all of the heroes on the teaching team are facing down their past, from Quicksilver's Brotherhood of Evil mutants membership to Justice having killed his own father. Singh added that the goal for the Avengers line in the Heroic Age is so the company can say "every single book has a unique identity."

94Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^This is nice, but I feel that a book that focuses on the kids as much as it does will limit the face time these guys deserve. Oh well, we'll see how this turns out.

95Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm glad that Pym will be around.

96Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I'm glad that Pym will be around.

If Dan Slott isn't writing him I refuse to acknowledge that it's him, it's that darned Skrull back again!!!

97Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'm thrilled that Dan Slott isn't writing this book. His Mighty Avengers run was abysmal. The ONLY good thing he did during it was some of his Pym stuff. If he was writing this I wouldn't be getting it.

98Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:08 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

^ Agreed, on both counts - happy that Pym's around, and ready for Mighty Avengers to sunset. The cover looks nice, it's actually got me more excited than the original promos. I like the hold overs from Initiative.

I think this will be decent - not as excited for this one as the other Avengers books, but still planning on picking it up.

99Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:50 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

His Mighty Avengers run was abysmal. The ONLY good thing he did during it was some of his Pym stuff. If he was writing this I wouldn't be getting it.

I actually loved his run on Mighty, there were a couple of issues that didn't hit the button with me, but his Hank Pym was the best of all time, I hope Gage refers to what Slott did for personality.

Hank saying "It's on bitch" to Reed Richards was one of the best moments of 2009.

100Avengers Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Avengers Academy Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:55 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
His Mighty Avengers run was abysmal. The ONLY good thing he did during it was some of his Pym stuff. If he was writing this I wouldn't be getting it.

I actually loved his run on Mighty, there were a couple of issues that didn't hit the button with me, but his Hank Pym was the best of all time, I hope Gage refers to what Slott did for personality.

Hank saying "It's on bitch" to Reed Richards was one of the best moments of 2009.

I loved Slott's Mighty Avengers too. It was a great change of pace from the other Dark Reign Avengers books. And yeah his take on Pym made him one of my new favorite characters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum