Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 42]

26The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I finally started watching the first season since the reboot and while I'm only four episodes in, I'm digging it. Christopher Eccleston is fantastic.

27The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:21 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I loved Eccleston's Doctor and was really sad when he left. The idea that The Doctor would be a working class post punk type was very appealing to me.

Tennant grew on me though, and I will be sad to see him go, although his facial contortions won't be horribly missed. Like some kind of oft angry bird...

And there are early episodes that were lost in, I think, a fire at a BBC warehouse.

I really like Jack Harkness, more so on Who than on Torchwood, in general. The writing is usually better.

28The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:23 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheUnalteredOne wrote:
I still haven't seen the first episode when the series started again with David E.

The best line from that was 'Nice to meet you, Rose. I'm the Doctor. Now, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!'

(That's not spoilery...they show it in the teasers for that episode and the series in general. lol! )

29The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

superdoug wrote:
TheUnalteredOne wrote:
I still haven't seen the first episode when the series started again with David E.

The best line from that was 'Nice to meet you, Rose. I'm the Doctor. Now, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!'

(That's not spoilery...they show it in the teasers for that episode and the series in general. lol! )

You must drink every time the Doctor and his companion run down a corridor.

30The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:30 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You must drink every time the Doctor and his companion run down a corridor.

WARNING: do not attempt this drinking game if watching the classic series you will be dead of alcohol poisoning by the middle half of tom bakers series

31The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did anyone watch the Doctor on the Sarah Jane Adventures? Was it good?

32The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:43 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Did anyone watch the Doctor on the Sarah Jane Adventures? Was it good?

It was pretty good hes mostly in episode 2 of the two parter

waters of mars is on in two weeks over here

33The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Did anyone watch the Doctor on the Sarah Jane Adventures? Was it good?

It was pretty good hes mostly in episode 2 of the two parter

waters of mars is on in two weeks over here

About damn time. Cool.

34The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Has anyone seen or heard of these games:

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 324240-doctor_large

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://schmitz.blogdns.net/robert/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/29085_doctor_who_ds_pack.jpg&imgrefurl=http://schmitz.blogdns.net/robert/2009/08/04/doctor-who-video-games-i-have-never-played/&usg=__JxVBVGWamJN6DYfYpVfsjj7Y0kQ=&h=1378&w=1525&sz=208&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=OUhh0__IM7-V7M:&tbnh=136&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddoctor%2Bwho%2Bfor%2Bthe%2Bps2%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

35The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

...and I'm here again. What can I say? I got lost in the Medusa Cascade. Anyways what's happenin? Really lookin forward to The Waters of Mars in two weeks time. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 334450

36The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:54 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:...and I'm here again. What can I say? I got lost in the Medusa Cascade. Anyways what's happenin? Really lookin forward to The Waters of Mars in two weeks time. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 334450

It doesn't broadcast in America until December. lame

37The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Boo! America never gets the games that I want. lame

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

38The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:Boo! America never gets the games that I want. lame

No kidding. Although from what I heard, we won't have to wait to long between Waters of Mars and the last two specials before the regeneration. Hopefully.

39The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:35 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

hey sorry guys I didn't intend to make you jealous (much The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 988476 ) I'm sure you'll be able to view the remaining specials somewhere online before they officially air over there. If not I promise I'll do my best to gush about them without spoilers. Oooh! I've seen a few regenerations over the years but for some reason I think this one is gonna be so sad,,,and awesome at the same time. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 334450

40The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:hey sorry guys I didn't intend to make you jealous (much The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 988476 ) I'm sure you'll be able to view the remaining specials somewhere online before they officially air over there. If not I promise I'll do my best to gush about them without spoilers. Oooh! I've seen a few regenerations over the years but for some reason I think this one is gonna be so sad,,,and awesome at the same time. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 334450

I agree. This regeneration is going to be something special for sure.

41The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:21 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:I've seen a few regenerations over the years but for some reason I think this one is gonna be so sad,,,and awesome at the same time.

I think this one will rank right up there with the shift from Tom Baker to Peter Davidson, which was a GREAT and scary regeneration.
Spoiler:

42The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Okay everyone. Fave regeneration scene? (let's include the ensuing hilarity as the incarnation 'sets' too)
my vote goes to Pertwee to Tom Baker, The Dandy gentlemen adventurer makes a sad, pseudo Buddhist selfless sacrifice at the end of Planet of the Spiders only to be replaced by a toothy grinning loon who seriously suggests, among other things, a moth eaten fur jerkin and a Viking helmet as his new costume. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 29517
Special mention must go to Sylvester McCoy to Paul McGann in the TV Movie.
And of course Ecclestone's bravura exit complete with hologram last message before growing that hair and a new set of teeth! Plus extra points to Tennant for spending the whole of his first story in his Jim Jams.

43The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm watching Logopolis and that's a pretty sad regeneration. I also liked Davidson's a lot. I also very much liked Eccleston's regeneration. And....well, those are the only regenerations I've seen. Wait. I saw McCoy to McGann as well. I liked them all I guess.

44The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:47 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Davison to baker as its in my all time (and a lot of others too) fave episode the caves of androzini

45The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Davison to baker as its in my all time (and a lot of others too) fave episode the caves of androzini
The Caves of Androzani is a very good episode. It was actually the second regeneration episode I had ever seen. Very touching the way the Doctor sacrifices himself for Peri. I really enjoyed that story a lot.

46The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah 'The Caves of Androzani' is very good but I was very surprised recently when Doctor Who Monthly magazine's reader's poll pronounced it the Best Story of all Time, knocking 'Blink' into second place. It's good, but nowhere near as good as 'Blink' or (IMHO) even 'Rose' or 'Human Nature' or 'The Sound of Drums' or even 'Unearthly Child' or 'the Daleks'.
Hmm back to those regenerations. Yeah they're all pretty good really. except Colin Baker to McCoy.

47The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Yeah 'The Caves of Androzani' is very good but I was very surprised recently when Doctor Who Monthly magazine's reader's poll pronounced it the Best Story of all Time, knocking 'Blink' into second place. It's good, but nowhere near as good as 'Blink' or (IMHO) even 'Rose' or 'Human Nature' or 'The Sound of Drums' or even 'Unearthly Child' or 'the Daleks'.
Hmm back to those regenerations. Yeah they're all pretty good really. except Colin Baker to McCoy.

I read that as well. It was interesting. I loved Human Nature. That was such an amazing story. I also loved loved loved The Girl in the Fireplace. Such a great story. The thing of it is that there are so many damn stories, it's really hard to pick out my favorite. I honestly couldn't say what one is my all-time favorite story is.

48The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:01 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
Jherek wrote:Yeah 'The Caves of Androzani' is very good but I was very surprised recently when Doctor Who Monthly magazine's reader's poll pronounced it the Best Story of all Time, knocking 'Blink' into second place. It's good, but nowhere near as good as 'Blink' or (IMHO) even 'Rose' or 'Human Nature' or 'The Sound of Drums' or even 'Unearthly Child' or 'the Daleks'.

I read that as well. It was interesting. I loved Human Nature. That was such an amazing story. I also loved loved loved The Girl in the Fireplace. Such a great story. The thing of it is that there are so many damn stories, it's really hard to pick out my favorite. I honestly couldn't say what one is my all-time favorite story is.
QFT

Oh yeah, Girl in the Fireplace, how good is that?

Man! Jaydee! You've become a die-hard Who fan haven't you? When I think roughly this time last year I had to convince you to watch it The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 988476

Okay let's just say we all love Doctor Who. Nuff Said! But then that's what makes this thread so hard to maintain. Any ideas for discussion topics other than the consensus opinion that the Doctor is awesome? The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 29517

49The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:38 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith yesterday. It was very entertaining, and it was fun to see the Doctor interacting with the TSJA crew. And the ending was a nice touch, too.

It's too bad the show was dropped in the US. It's a nice addition to the Doctor Who universe.

50The official; Doctor who thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:11 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

america dropped it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum