Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 42]

526The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue May 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:Why are the boyfriends of the companions so wimpy?

*opens mouth to speak*

superdoug wrote:
Because, if they were strong and dashing and handsome, then the women wouldn't be bored with their life (You know women are always bored when deprived of the company of handsome, adventurous men Rolling Eyes ) and in an emotional position to go running off with the Doctor.

*closes mouth* o.o

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

527The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 3:33 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:Why are the boyfriends of the companions so wimpy?
What about Mickey? Sure he was kinda wimpy at the beginning, but when he showed up at the end of season 4 he was actually kinda of a bad ass.

528The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 7:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Well, Classic Who had its fair share of Alien and/or non 20th/21st Century companions. Off the top of my head I can name Zoe, Katrina, Jamie, Nyssa, Turlough and Romana. So I guess it's just a matter of time. (pun intended). The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 988476

What about Adric and Leela?

529The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 8:53 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What about Mickey? Sure he was kinda wimpy at the beginning, but when he showed up at the end of season 4 he was actually kinda of a bad ass.

Mickey was always badass it just took seeing himself die to free the inner badass Laughing

530The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 9:44 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
Jherek wrote:Well, Classic Who had its fair share of Alien and/or non 20th/21st Century companions. Off the top of my head I can name Zoe, Katrina, Jamie, Nyssa, Turlough and Romana. So I guess it's just a matter of time. (pun intended). The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 988476

What about Adric and Leela?

Exactly. I knew I'd missed some, my list was literally the first names I could think of. And if you wanna talk non-human what about K-9 and Kamelion? (Not sure the last counts as a companion as he spent most of his tenure in the TARDIS in a box as I recall. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 29517 )

531The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 9:57 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the entirety of kamelions run is out on dvd next month. I'm getting it for planet of fire special edition alone

532The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 10:16 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:the entirety of kamelions run is out on dvd next month. I'm getting it for planet of fire special edition alone

Yeah I'm tempted too. Kamelion must be the biggest thrown away concept in the history of Doctor Who.
'A cool looking, lute playing, shape shifting, ambiguously evil alien robot that the Master found and used in one of his mad schemes? Brilliant! Come on board the Tardis, It's a bit crowded with Australian trolley dollys, alien fairy princesses and fake schoolboy alien double agents at the moment but you'll fit right in. Especially with your ability to perfectly mimic anybodys physical appearance, what adventures and delicious misunderstandings we're gonna have! Now just get in this box while we forget about you for a few episodes and then act as though you never existed.'
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 29517 The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 29517

Last edited by Jherek on Wed May 12, 2010 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

533The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 am

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

pumkinheadfan wrote:

It took Mickey some time and he really didn't become a badass until he met his alternate self.

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

534The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't see Rory and Mickey as in the same league to be honest. I never got the same feelings between Rose and Mickey as I did with Rory and Amy. I don't see the two characters the same but there are a few similarities and I'm ok with that. In any case, I like Rory overall.

535The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 10:18 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:
pumkinheadfan wrote:

It took Mickey some time and he really didn't become a badass until he met his alternate self.
Mickey I felt was always a tool. I was never that interested in the character.

536The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 10:22 am

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:
pumkinheadfan wrote:

Mickey I felt was always a tool. I was never that interested in the character.

I thought of him as a tool for a few ep, but he grew on me because he wasn't that inept and was helpful in some ep.

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

537The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 10:24 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I'm tempted too. Kamelion must be the biggest thrown away concept in the history of Doctor Who.
'A cool looking, lute playing, shape shifting, ambiguously evil alien robot that the Master found and used in one of his mad schemes? Brilliant! Come on board the Tardis, It's a bit crowded with Australian trolley dollys, alien fairy princesses and fake schoolboy alien double agents at the moment but you'll fit right in. Especially with your ability to perfectly mimic anybodys physical appearance, what adventures and delicious misunderstandings we're gonna have! Now just get in this box while we forget about you for a few episodes and then act as though you never existed.'

yeah it didn't help that the robots original operator died and no one else could work the damn thing Laughing

538The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote: Matt Smith is really growing on me as the Doctor. I honestly didn't think I would like him as the doctor all that much due to his kinda dull performance in a episode of Secret Diary of a Call Girl that he showed up in. I remember re-watching the episode before starting the 5th season and kinda telling myself to give him a chance as the doctor because I had not seen him in anything else but that episode. I'm glad I did. Smile

Wait... which episode was he in Secret Diary??? I've seen them all, I bet I just didn't even register it as being him. I wanna go back and watch it now. Very Happy

I mean really who doesn't wanna see Billie Pipers boobs?

Nevermind, I found it. It's in the first season. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

539The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 10:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished watching the story "Battlefield". I liked that Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart was involved and I also liked we see Bessie again. Also, I noticed that Ace says Geronimo! at one point. Overall, not a bad story. I do like the 7th Doctor.

540The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 12, 2010 11:05 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:Wait... which episode was he in Secret Diary??? I've seen them all, I bet I just didn't even register it as being him. I wanna go back and watch it now. Very Happy

I mean really who doesn't wanna see Billie Pipers boobs?

Nevermind, I found it. It's in the first season. Very Happy
Yep! Season one and yes it's nice seeing Billie's boobs get some small screen time. Wink

I mean Matt Smith more or less made a cameo in that episode. So only seeing him pop up in Secret Diary and then becoming The Doctor? I really did not have much to go on initially. I'm so happy he has really impressed me thus far.

541The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 13, 2010 2:19 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watch Ghostlight best Mccoy story by far

542The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 13, 2010 2:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Watch Ghostlight best Mccoy story by far
It's on my "To Watch" list. I'm telling you, McCoy is really good in the role and I have kind of a crush on Ace. I really enjoy their banter.

543The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Matt Smith was in another show recently, A cop drama whose name escapes me at the moment. It was dreadful but I seem to recall he was pretty good in it.

544The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:Watch Ghostlight best Mccoy story by far

Hmmm. better than Rememberance of the Daleks ?

545The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri May 14, 2010 9:59 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am shocked to reveal that I've never seen that one...

the special edition is on my must buy list alongside the kamelion boxset

546The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri May 14, 2010 10:40 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I prefer Curse of Fenric.

547The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri May 14, 2010 11:02 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have all three on my "To Watch" list.

548The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri May 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

And all three are classic Who at its best and certainly the best of McCoy's Doctor.

549The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat May 15, 2010 9:44 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fenric I do have thats a good one. Mccoy did have quite a few good episodes.

550The official; Doctor who thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat May 15, 2010 7:19 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

OOOH! that was trippy! Amy's Choice I mean and I spose I'd better do this -
Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum