Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top 10 Video Games

+19
Gojiratoho
Winter Decay
dmahoney
BlueMaxx
ravezombie
Matt
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Chief Kamachi
Heytherejeffro
Joshua
(._Y_.)
Thundermatts
potatojoe
prescribeddrone
THALASTDRAGON
Ric Magnum
alucardbarnivous
vikoros
ChrisToPhenom
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1.X-Men arcade game(6 Player)
2.Resident evil 4
3.Gears of war
4.Shadow of the Colossus
5.God Of War
6.Left 4 Dead
7.Halo 3(Just the online multiplayer....fuck the story tongue)
8.Street Fighter 2
9.Indigo Prophecy
10.Star wars:The force unleashed

27Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:23 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The X-Men Arcade Game! surprised Forgot! One of those damned machines has quite possibly a hundred dollars from me over the course of 2 years of my adolescents. When arcades were still prominent.

28Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:26 am

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

"When arcades were still prominent."

Ninja Turtles arcade for me. I even played that unholy Michael Jackson MoonWalker game

*hum's "Those were the days".

29Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:06 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chief Kamachi wrote:"When arcades were still prominent."

Ninja Turtles arcade for me. I even played that unholy Michael Jackson MoonWalker game

I like how the TMNT Engine made some of the best arcade games of all time. Ever play the Simpsons version? Classic.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

30Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:58 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TMNT, Turtles in Time, and The Simpsons were the best arcade beat'em ups ever.

31Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:06 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm going to have to add Final Fight to that one, as well.

32Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:38 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I found an arcade down here last year and played The Simpsons game from start to finish. It cost me damn near $10! Laughing

33Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I found an arcade down here last year and played The Simpsons game from start to finish. It cost me damn near $10! Laughing
That doesn't sound too expensive to me. Maybe it's because I was always terrible at games as a kid and had to spend far more if I ever wanted to beat them.

34Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Chief Kamachi wrote:"When arcades were still prominent."

I like how the TMNT Engine made some of the best arcade games of all time. Ever play the Simpsons version? Classic.

Talk about a formula for success. Though I believe that Double Dragon and River City Ransom both pre-date Ninja Turtles arcade. Anyway, the engine was used to create Maximum Carnage as well, what I consider to be the best Spiderman game EVAR.

35Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Simpsons Arcade game was another that stoleded my monies. Tekken 2, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Area 51 (original & 3D), and Mortal Kombat 3, oddly. I think the arcade MK3 had something extra that the console version didn't. Can't remember what, though.

36Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:50 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

10: Super Mario Bros.
9: Resident Evil
8: Twisted Metal
7: Oddworld
6: Devil May Cry
5: Grand Theft Auto
4: Rampage
3: Sonic The Hedgehog
2: Wild 9
1: Borderlands

37Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:59 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love devil may cry...i couldn't pick just one of them for my list. Laughing

38Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:02 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

deadbolt85 wrote:10: Super Mario Bros.

#10: We used to have competitions in college for who could beat it the fastest. I think we plateaued somewhere around 6 and 1/2 minutes.

#8: I forgot about how amazing those games were. Thank you.

#4: Rampage:video games as Monopoly:board games
Starts out like a great idea, ends in people realizing that the game will NEVER FUCKING END. Also, I had it for the NES, and that mother fucker would "conk out" like, when I hit the later levels. No save mode. Fuck Rampage.

39Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wub wub

wub wub

40Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:07 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Starts out like a great idea, ends in people realizing that the game will NEVER FUCKING END. Also, I had it for the NES, and that mother fucker would "conk out" like, when I hit the later levels. No save mode. Fuck Rampage.
yes

41Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I forgot about Revolution X. My friends in high school used to work at the arcade and would hook us up with free games. Nothing cooler than fighting a terrorist organization to save Aerosmith.

Remember. Music is the weapon

42Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:22 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
deadbolt85 wrote:10: Super Mario Bros.

#10: We used to have competitions in college for who could beat it the fastest. I think we plateaued somewhere around 6 and 1/2 minutes.

#8: I forgot about how amazing those games were. Thank you.

I actualy agree with you about Rampage, the only reason I ranked it so high is because of the memories I have of playing this game with my dad and stepbrother.

43Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked Rampage, too, DB. It was fun to eat people and destroy things. And finding out that Lizzie was a female was hot when I was kid. Even in really bad covered-nude pixelation. Heh.

44Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:51 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is hard as hell. I'm not the biggest gamer in the world, but I do enjoy video games. I like hand helds better than consoles. I like the be able to watch TV in addition to playing a game, and hand-helds make that possible. I just have a hard time sitting and playing on it's own. I also like the classic systems more than the current ones.

10. (Tie)

I just couldn't narrow it down, so I had to do it.

Pokemon series (Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GBA, and DS)
Halo 1-3 (X Box and X Box: 360

I love the Pokemon series. I'm not really in to RPGs, but I love this series. It's just fun. I'd be hard to pick a favorite version. If I HAD to, I'd go with the Fire Red version. I love the original generation of Pokemon the best, and the Fire Red version had MUCH better graphics than the original Red version.

9. God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)

As I said, I prefer hand-helds. I loved the first God of War game, but I never got around to beating it. Then I happened across this game, and thought it looked good. I got sucked in. It's all the fun of the main GoW game, but it's portable.

8. Ultimate Spider-Man (GBA and PS2)

This game is what got me to check out the comic, which is what in turn got me to get into comics as a whole. It's just a ton of fun. I love both the GBA and PS2 versions. I'm a HUGE fan of side scrollers, and that's why the GBA version is perfect for me. The PS2 version rocks because it really lets you be Spidey. Nothing is more fun than just swinging around the city.

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2/X-Men Legends 1&2

These games are just a blast. They have fun storylines, and a great cast of playable characters. I prefer the PSP versions for X-Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Like I said already, I prefer hand-helds. However, the PSP version of Ultimate Alliance 2 is crap, the X Box 360 version is MUCH better.

As for the first 3 Halo games, they are about the only First Person Shooters that I like. I have a hard time with most FPS controls, but not the Halo games. It would be almost impossible to pick a favorite of the 3, but Needler to my head I think I'd go with the first one.

6. Super Mario 64 DS

I didn't really care for the original Super Mario 64, but to be fair, I only tried it once or twice. Since Super Mario 64 DS was bundled with the DS when I got it, and there weren't really any other games for the DS that I wanted at the time, this was about the only game I could actually play. So, I gave it a chance, and wound up loving it.

5. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie: The Game (Sega Genesis)

This is hands down my favorite game for the Genesis. I love Power Rangers, I love side scrollers, and I love beat 'em ups. This game has it all for me.

The MMPR game for the SNES is just a blast. Just like the Movie game for the Genesis.

4. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

As I've said, I love side scrollers. It was inevitable that I'd love this. A new Mario side scroller that was a hand held? Sign me up. It has all the classic charm of the older Mario games, with some of the added touches of the newer ones. It's great.

3. Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2)

I love the classic Mega Man games, and since this has them all on one convenient disc, I love it. As I've said numerous times, I love side scrollers and few are as good as the old Mega Man games. If I had to choose a favorite of the games, I'd have to go with Mega Man 4.

2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)/Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA)

I'm getting a little tired of saying it, but I love side scrollers. This one is a classic through and through. It's just fantastic. I prefer the GBA version because of the improved save function as well as it being a hand held.

1. Super Mario World (SNES)/Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)

This is as far as I'm concerned the greatest game in the history of forever. I NEVER get tired of playing it. The same things go for this as for what I said about Super Mario Bros. 3, plus Yoshi!!

------------------
There are TONS of honorable mentions, so I won't mention them all (which I guess would make them honorable unmentioneds). I think pound for pound the GBA is my favorite gaming system. There are a TON of games I love for it. It's also the system I have the most games for. I couldn't even begin to list all the games I love for it.

The Dragon Ball Z Budokai series was almost on my list. It just missed out.

I also should mention that I haven't gotten very far in Batman: Arkham Asylum, Lego Batman, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, or Super Mario Galaxy. I'm sure when I either beat them all or get farther in that they would be on the list, or close to it.

I also loved the first Lego Star Wars game, but have yet to play the second one (I do own it though). The first one barely missed being on the list.

If I'd been able to list my 11th favorite game, I would have listed a tie between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (NES), 3 (NES), and 4 (SNES). I love those games. I know they were originally arcade games (well I know 2 and 4 were, I'm not sure about 3), but I prefer the NES/SNES versions.

The Mega Man X series would be number 12 on the list if it went that high. I love those games (particularly the early few and Mega Man X 8).

The Sonic the Hedgehog series (specifically Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles) would be number 13 on the list if it went that high.

I also have to give mention to Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (SNES) and Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie: The Game (SNES). They are both a ton of fun. MMPR: The Movie: The Game for the SNES is a TOTALLY different game than the one for the Genesis.

45Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Navalia

Navalia
Cadet
Cadet

Liking all the lists, here is mine.

1. Halo Series (Halo 2 is my favorite)
2. Shining Force Series
3. Dungeon Keeper
4. Mortal Kombat Series
5. Morrowind-Game of the Year Edition
6. Sonic the Hedgehog Series (Own all of them)
7. Unreal Tournament II
8. Legend of Zelda -Ocarina of Time
9. Grand Theft Auto- Vice City
10. Marvel vs Capcom

There are plenty more I love but those are the ones I could think of right now. I tend to lean towards the classics. Can't help it, I started playing when I was young.

46Top 10 Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 Video Games Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Navalia

Navalia
Cadet
Cadet

Oh Snap I forgot Twisted Metal....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum