Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!?

+11
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Matt
THALASTDRAGON
Rath99
deadbolt85
Hannibal king
Silent K
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Ska
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Hip-Hop Roll Call Sign

ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Vote_lcap53%ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]
ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Vote_lcap13%ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Vote_rcap 13% [ 2 ]
ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Vote_lcap33%ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Vote_rcap 33% [ 5 ]
ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Vote_lcap0%ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All of you know I love me some rock and have a miscellaneous taste in music-I love all kinds of music as long as it isn't garbage. But I couldn't help but notice the lack of contribution of and to the Rap/Hip-Hop threads in here (mainly posted by me) like WUMB did. I posted a threads about Kanye West's upcoming Good Ass Job album and Lupe Fiasco's Lasers and they're empty! There are some good rap and hip-hop, you all.

Post some of your favorite rappers and groups, PoP!

2ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:37 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes, I like rap- but not mainstream pop rap on the radio these days. I don't like Kayne West or modern Jay-Z (although that song where he says he drops labels is sorta cool) I pretty much like some underground hip hop and old school 80's/90's rap.

Just because I like them doesn't mean i like everything they did, it's weird how i could like a certain rapper yet hate something he does at same time.. like i hate when eminem sings in his chorus cause i like the song to be rapping in the chorus. 8 out of 10 times i hate it when rappers do that.

MF Doom (and his others names)
Method Man
Redman
Cage
Tame One
Dr. Dre
Eminem
Cypress Hill
GZA
Saul Williams
Canibus
EL-P
BIGGIE (first album IS the best)
Tupac
DZK
Old school Snoop Dogg
Outkast
Big L
Necro

I like a lot of rappers, just not really these popular rappers today.

3ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:49 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Yes, I like rap- but not mainstream pop rap on the radio these days. I don't like Kayne West or modern Jay-Z (although that song where he says he drops labels is sorta cool) I pretty much like some underground hip hop and old school 80's/90's rap.

MF Doom (and his others names)
Method Man
Redman

Cage
Dr. Dre
Eminem
Cypress Hill
GZA
Saul Williams
Canibus
EL-P
BIGGIE (honestly I just like first album the best)
Tupac

Old school Snoop Dogg
Outkast
Big L

I like a lot of rappers, just not really these popular rappers today.

1. I need to get more into MF Doom-I bought Madvillainy and loved it. There's a rumor that a real sequel (not the remix album) of it is in the works.

2. I'll always love Method Man and Redman. I don't have any of their albums but they seem to put it down every album-I need to checkout Blackout 2.

3. Can you believe Detox is push back to 2011 now? Damn! I've heard the Monster Beats and all I have to say is I'll buy them but I'd like a $100 off coupon in the copies of Detox would be nice. Laughing

4. I love everything Eminem comes out with-Relapse 2 may even be better.

5. I love 2Pac and Biggie but only have their greatest hits on my mp3 player because I feel they are leaned on too much.

6. I actually like all sides of Jay-Z but like you, the old school Snoop wins me over.

7. Andre 3000 and Big Boi is releasing their solo albums (wasn't that Speakerboxxx/The Love Below?) and then another Outkast album.

I hate that I haven't got into Cypress Hill-they sound awesome from the few songs I've heard from them.

4ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's weird, with bands- I tend to get the albums because they don't make tons of side projects and have guest stars that I dislike and don't drop albums as fast as some rappers do, with rappers I could have an album or two and the rest just downloaded... cause theres just too much and theres always the rapper I like but not his newer stuff so I don't care about that stuff... I guess I'm a selective completest Very Happy

- I'm sure you know that MF Doom has a ton of other names he uses, so yeah there's a bunch of albums that I haven't even gotten around to.

- I still need to check out Blackout 2, I downloaded Red's last CD last year and it wasn't that great, I really like his old shit better.

- That sucks about Detox Sad

- I like Pac and Biggie to, but not everything they did. Biggie's best was his early stuff when he was still hungry before Puffy popped him up a bit.

- I haven't kept up with Outkast, but that's cool. Hope to get a heads up when it comes out so i can download it or whatever.

And dude, BIG L even though I'm not a big fan- you'll get MAD props for dropping his name. He was great and he was killed... some say he was on a BIGGIE level or better!

Check these videos out man-

This is just Tame One without Cage (Tame does a BIGGIE nod with the way he sings it. See if you can catch it. They use to be big PCP heads. Cage stopped, dunno about Tame)

Cage, Eminems old enemy but he's sick.

Classic Cypress Hill

And here's a BIG L song, hip hop heads love this dude.

5ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:05 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

mc chris, Outkast, Lady Sovereign, Missy Elliot, TLC, Ciara, DMX

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

6ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:12 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:mc chris, Outkast, Lady Sovereign, Missy Elliot, TLC, Ciara, DMX

Speaking of DMX...did you know he's coming out with two new albums this year? One is the DMX we all know and love, Walk with Me Now and the next is a gospel rap album, You'll Fly with Me Later? Sh-t...I don't know what that last idea but yeah. Nice list by the way-I slept on Lady Sovereign.

7ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:39 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DMX is still around? I liked his first two albums back in the 90's Laughing Is any of his stuff still good?

8ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:45 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My dad got me into DMX, lol.

9ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:49 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:My dad got me into DMX, lol.

Your dad is cool.

DMX fan here and most if not all things old school. A new DMX is good, a gospel DMX makes me weep tears of confused sadness.

10ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:53 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME? YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKIN' GAME!? ARF ARF!

11ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

Your dad is cool.

DMX fan here and most if not all things old school. A new DMX is good, a gospel DMX makes me weep tears of confused sadness.

I know. He has a Harley, listens to DMX and 50 Cent, but he will still say random "meow"s with his daughter in public. Nobody's gonna say anything to him, he looks like Stone Cold.

12ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:22 am

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I'm more into R&B but the rap I listen to needs to be something I can bounce too. I ain't into all this shoot em up bang bang ish. I did like a lot of my local folks though, E-40, some of Tupac, Too Short and Dre Dog. This last guy was large back in the day but mostly underground.

13ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:39 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Andre Nickatina, you mean?

14ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:49 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I treat a bitch like 7-Up. I never have, I never will.

15ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:42 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:

Your dad is cool.

I know. He has a Harley, listens to DMX and 50 Cent, but he will still say random "meow"s with his daughter in public. Nobody's gonna say anything to him, he looks like Stone Cold.

He should flip somebody off, call em' a sonuva bitch (in that accent) give them the stunner and ride away in his Harley playing some DMX Laughing

16ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:28 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Love me some hip hop. Mostly the stuff from the 80's and 90'. I remeber listing to Run DMC while playing as a kid in Brooklyn. (Yes I'm that old!). If anyone follows me on Twitter or FB I was quoting lines from Biggie songs on March 9 (the anniversary of his death). Its like a day of recognition in NYC.

Few others I like
Jay-Z...new and old
Dialated People
NWA
Scarface
Jean Grey
Cypress Hills
Eric B & Rakim
Eminem
Dre
Snoop
Pac
Outcast

I'm not into many of new guys. Not a Wayne fan. I am like Drake and Lupe.

17ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
Ska wrote:

Your dad is cool.

He should flip somebody off, call em' a sonuva bitch (in that accent) give them the stunner and ride away in his Harley playing some DMX Laughing
That sounds so badass in my book-someone should write a skit and record it on YouTube.

18ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:10 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i luv rap and hip-hop

19ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Immortal Technique
Jedi mind tricks
MF Doom
Madlib
Danger Mouse
Public Enemy
DJ Shadow
Cut Chemist
NWA
N.E.R.D.
I tend to like old school hip hop and stuff that had a social message.

20ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:
Ska wrote:

Your dad is cool.

That sounds so badass in my book-someone should write a skit and record it on YouTube.
I'm so going to tell him he has fan requests on the internet. Laughing

21ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm kinda weird when it comes to the Hip-hop genre. I prefer old stuff pre 94' or underground stuff. I prefer things that have a message other than gagster crap, or bling and booty bullshit.

NWA, Public Enemy, stuff like that.

My current favorite Underground artist is Brother Ali. Just do a you-tube search for Brother Ali, letter from the government. You'll fall in love.

22ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I like:

Nas
Sean Price
Wu Tang
Jedi Mind Tricks
Elzhi

23ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:35 pm

GigaToast

GigaToast
Ninja
Ninja

I've recently started listening to more rap than I have in the past. Here's who I'm currently listening to...

Aesop Rock
Wu Tang Clan
Jay Z
Eminem
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
DMX
Ludacris
MF Doom
Nappy Roots
Mos Def
Heiroglyphics

http://www.gigatoast.deviantart.com

24ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:59 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Mos Def is the shit.

Also, Late 90's Busta Rhymes is classic.

25ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Empty Re: ANY Rap/Hip-Hop Fans on PoP!? Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:29 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like a lot of the old school stuff that's mentioned on here, but I also like a lot of nerdcore stuff as well. It's great walking around music.

http://www.demonweasel.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum