Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mignola-verse Fans Unite!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:08 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For all you Hellboy/B.P.R.D. fans, let us talk some shop. What's your latest read? comics or one of the novels? Thinking about jumping in? If so, Mignola-verse is possibly one of the most easy-going towards readers from most comics titles. So many jumping on points due to it's sequencial minis starting things over for someone with interest to pick up the next one.

So, again, let's talk some shop.

Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Mignola_hellboy_extract1

2Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:58 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Question: The Hellboy trades that are out right now, are they all in order? I've got the first 7, and sometimes they just don't feel connected, save for the odd reference to something that happened in another volume.

Not that it's hard to follow, though. Hellboy's one of my favorite series, and I've been meaning to check out BPRD as well.

P.S. How the hell do you pronounce Mignola? I've always said "Minyola" Is that correct?

3Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:49 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The great thing is that each trade/mini is pretty much self-contained. That's what keeps the storytelling so strong. Although, lately it has been a little more connected. In B.P.R.D., anyway.

Hellboy tpbs in chronological order
Seed of Destruction
Wake the Devil
Chained Coffin and other stories
The Right Hand of Doom
Conqueror Worm
Strange Places
The Troll Witch and Other Stories
Darkness Calls

Hellboy tpbs that are apart from the main series.
Hellboy, Jr.
Hellboy: Weird Tales Vol. 1
Hellboy: Weird Tales Vol. 2

B.P.R.D. tpbs in chronological order.
Hollow Earth & Other Stories
Soul of Venice & Other Stories
Plague of Frogs
The Dead
The Black Flame
The Universal Machine
Garden of Souls
Killing Ground
The Warning
The Black Goddess
(Later this years.)

Self-Contained for Mignola-verse
Abe Sapien: The Drowning
Lobster Johnson: Iron Prometheus

Hellboy novels and short-story collection chronology.
The Lost Army
Odd Jobs
Bones of Giants (My favorite!)
Odder Jobs
On Earth as it is in Hell (Fights angels!)
Unnatural Selection
The God Machine
The Dragon Pool
The All-Seeing Eye
Emerald Hell
Oddest Jobs
The Fire Wolves

Then, if you're a hardcore fan and/or liked the animated movies...
Hellboy Animated Vol.1: The Black Wedding
Hellboy Animated Vol.2: The Judgement Bell
Hellboy Animated Vol.3: The Menagerie

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Wow, that is a lot. Anyways, Mignola is pronounced "Minyola"

4Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I'm pretty much behind in all of my reading, but I just finished reading the Lobster Johnson mini-series. It was pretty enjoyable, but not on the level that I've enjoyed the Hellboy and BPRD books.

5Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Hellboy Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

this needed a thread. yes

6Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Suspect There already was a thread, you bastard! grrr A more encompassing thread that involved all of the Mignola-verse!!!!! angry

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/independent-comics-f11/mignola-verse-fans-unite-t360.htm

Wink lol!

7Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:12 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Suspect There already was a thread, you bastard! grrr A more encompassing thread that involved all of the Mignola-verse!!!!! angry

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/independent-comics-f11/mignola-verse-fans-unite-t360.htm

Wink lol!
oops my bad Wink

8Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:20 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, it seems that the Wild Hunt is going to continue next month for Hellboy. Can't wait.

9Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:38 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:So, it seems that the Wild Hunt is going to continue next month for Hellboy. Can't wait.
haven't read that yet. But did read BPRD: 1946 and BPRD: the Warning. Good stuff, especially with 1946. I love you

10Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:18 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Those are excellent. And you're right, 1946 was the better of the two. 1947 is goin' great.

Oh, and please tell me you've read Lobster Johnson's mini? Bee's knees.

11Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:40 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Those are excellent. And you're right, 1946 was the better of the two. 1947 is goin' great.

not yet. is it good?

12Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:24 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just...I have a problem reading the character if Mignola didn't draw it... unsure

13Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:20 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:^ Those are excellent. And you're right, 1946 was the better of the two. 1947 is goin' great.

not yet. is it good?
Oh yes! I think it did him justice, although there was still much left to get into.

TENIME_art wrote:I just...I have a problem reading the character if Mignola didn't draw it... unsure
Didn't like Guy Davis at first, but then he grew on me. Still miss Mignola doing the art, though.

14Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd be cool with Gabriel Ba doing it, since his art style is so close anyways (and good), that I wouldn't mind.

Wasn't there a rumor of him doing something Hellboy or BPRD related?

15Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ya, B.P.R.D.: 1947, the current mini, has him on as an artist.

16Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BPRD: King of Fears #3
http://panelsonpages.com/?p=20461

17Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Empty Re: Mignola-verse Fans Unite! Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:16 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Wild Hunt had some cool revelations. favorite Hellboy story arc so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum