Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction

+2
Joshua
ChrisToPhenom
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:26 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, Pop! I have a good topic for us to discuss. I've had this epiphany for years but now I can see it clear to the core now.

Just last night, I finished watching Legend of the Seeker and of course I'm in love with the actress, Bridget Regan who plays Mother Confessor, Kahlan Amnell. She has ditched her original white gown for a dark brown leather outfit and uses weapons along with her abilities. Imagine how a straight 20 year-old male feels seeing this upgrade of this character he likes. Now the character, Sister Nicci is now replaced by a much younger and attractive actress, Emily Foxler. Without spoiling anything, I'll say that in this episode whenever she's hurt, Kahlan is also. Halfway through, Richard finds her being hurt by a man and after he deals with him, Nicci comes on to him (with blood dripping from the corner of her mouth and that look in her eyes). She says, "Why don't we make her feel better?" in a seductive voice and Richard replies "What kind of monster are you?" while she keeps on with this hot stare. It's evident to say that she's not right in the mind and evil. Anyway to make a long story short, I see her killing her sisters, becoming empowered and looking badass...I wanted her!

Alright, the point I'm trying to make is this. When we see a beautiful person playing a role in the real world, we'll echo the words, "He/She is hot" or whatever. But seeing beautiful people in a fantasy world playing playing an edgy villainy role makes your desire for them even higher. What also makes this a plus is for example, Battlestar Galactica's environment. Dr. Gaius Balta has a chip in his head where the smoking hot Number Six, Tricia Helfer is seducing him in his mind. Which man would not want to be in that position to see what it's like and which man would not want to sleep in a bed with a naked Tricia Helfer and D'Anna Biers, Lucy Lawless on a Cylon ship in space as a rebel? Love and lust interests involving a character who has extreme attitudes and behavior as a villian is always intriguing. I hope I'm making myself clear as I understand this.

This is the reason why I adore imagination and why it's influenced me so much in what I do whether it be writing, drama or music. We love to see the darkside more than the light of characters in fiction. Even though I'm not a fan, I can understand why girls love the Twilight series because seeing beautiful like Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner as a vampire and werewolf is sexy to them. I'll admit I want to see the films just because of Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene and Justine Wachsberger! I don't know what one word to describe this topic but hopefully you all get what I'm trying to explain because we've all felt this and it's really amazing when you think about it.

Kahlan's Before and After-

Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Normal_037Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Normal_001

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This thread has given me the confidence to declare my desire for Saruman. I want to eat chocolate out of his beard.

3Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 pm

SamaeltheDestroyer

SamaeltheDestroyer
Cadet
Cadet

Joshua wrote:This thread has given me the confidence to declare my desire for Saruman. I want to eat chocolate out of his beard.
Shocked Laughing Laughing

4Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:51 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:This thread has given me the confidence to declare my desire for Saruman. I want to eat chocolate out of his beard.

his crotch beard.

5Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:54 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

SamaeltheDestroyer wrote:
Shocked Laughing Laughing
True or not, it's no different from what I explained...no matter how awkward that sounds. Laughing

(._Y_.) wrote:

his crotch beard.
Alright, forget what I said above this-that's just weird. neutral

6Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's entirely subjective. Fantasy, in its most basic form, can add glamour onto anyone, being that they're this character that is easily read and understood. That's stories in general. As for the "Dark Side," it is that forbidden fruit. When you question what exactly is right and wrong. Why is this person bad for me? They're fun, or seem fun. Curiosity and guilty pleasures drive us, whether we know it or not.

Makes for good discussion, though. Why do we go against the grain--when it comes to anything, really?

7Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:31 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:It's entirely subjective. Fantasy, in its most basic form, can add glamour onto anyone, being that they're this character that is easily read and understood. That's stories in general. As for the "Dark Side," it is that forbidden fruit. When you question what exactly is right and wrong. Why is this person bad for me? They're fun, or seem fun. Curiosity and guilty pleasures drive us, whether we know it or not.

Makes for good discussion, though. Why do we go against the grain--when it comes to anything, really?

Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Icon_clap

We can post examples all day like these-

Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Baroness_gi_joe_rise_of_cobra_promotional_posterSex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction 2604366620_fe52c1d6b7

8Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hot.
Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Maleficent_by_J_Scott_CampbellSex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Maleficent
I always thought that Prince Phillip should've gone with Maleficent over the sleeping bimbo. I mean, she's by default appealing, but is powerful and can become anyone or create anything you desire. Maleficent FTW.

9Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You didn't really get Sleeping Beauty, did you?

10Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Maybe you only think you do? Hrm.
Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction TwistedprincesssnowwhitSex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Twistedprincessjasmine
^ If only. *sigh*

11Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:57 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome, BluuMaxx! Hey here's what I was talking about in Legend of the Seeker

Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Normal_037Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Normal_001

12Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:02 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I get what you mean. She gives that air of confidence and sexiness with the latter look. Seems more accessible with her other look too.

Not sure if I worded that the way I wanted, but close enough.

13Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Awesome, BluuMaxx! Hey here's what I was talking about in Legend of the Seeker

I love her so much. She's currently on the top of my "entertainers I want to do" list.

14Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:19 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I get what you mean. She gives that air of confidence and sexiness with the latter look. Seems more accessible with her other look too.

Not sure if I worded that the way I wanted, but close enough.
Sh-t, you're speaking my language-I understood everything. Laughing

Batman25JM wrote:
I love her so much. She's currently on the top of my "entertainers I want to do" list.
You also, eh? You know what, when I look at Bridget Regan, I always repeat, "Where did this goddess come from?" She's so beautiful...I'll say she's the best I've seen in fantasy. Her future looks bright and I hope Maxim has her on their list to photo-shoot.

15Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
You also, eh? You know what, when I look at Bridget Regan, I always repeat, "Where did this goddess come from?" She's so beautiful...I'll say she's the best I've seen in fantasy. Her future looks bright and I hope Maxim has her on their list to photo-shoot.

Yep, me too. I LOVE Legend of the Seeker and she is a big reason why. She's definitely my favorite fantasy actress.

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see her to do a Maxim spread.

16Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:35 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Yep, me too. I LOVE Legend of the Seeker and she is a big reason why. She's definitely my favorite fantasy actress.

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see her to do a Maxim spread.

I just posted a thread on the show's IMDb profile to see the demand. I mean, even if she doesn't get a cover after a while, an article inside would be a good start.

17Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:06 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Movie_residentevil

18Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Badassery, the femme fatale, can be a hot look.

19Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Empty Re: Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Badassery, the femme fatale, can be a hot look.

yes

Sex Appeal in Fantasy Fiction Aeonflux1oy0

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum