Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Guns N' Roses Album

+2
Metal Misfit
ChrisToPhenom
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Guns N' Roses Album Empty New Guns N' Roses Album Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I keep forgetting that Slash left this band years ago...they're of the bands I'm going to complete the discography of. Did Chinese Democracy even get a lot of attention?

News-

n an MTV phone interview with Kurt Loder in 1999, Rose said he and the then-new band had recorded enough material for a double album. In an informal chat with Rolling Stone magazine in February 2006, Rose stated the band had 32 songs in the works. While appearing on various fan message boards in December 2008, he stated several working titles for a possible future album and mentioned one song to be co-written by former bandmate Izzy Stradlin.

2New Guns N' Roses Album Empty Re: New Guns N' Roses Album Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Chinese Democracy got a lot of attention from those within the music industry but was poorly marketed to those that aren't always up to speed. Let this be a lesson to anyone thinking of signing exclusive deals to sell their albums with Best Buy. They really dropped the ball when they should have been looking at Walmart's AC/DC deal as a template for how to market these exclusive releases.

Also, Axl refused to do interviews leading up to the release and they didn't tour for it until a year or so after it was released and had been forgotten.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

3New Guns N' Roses Album Empty Re: New Guns N' Roses Album Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I found Chinese Democracy to be one of the best produced cd's of all time. I belive it suffered from many things though,

1. Overhype...people were expecting this to be some kind of second coming. It's just a new albulm, yes it took a long time to put together, yes Axl is a perfectionist and sometimes diffilcult to work with. This is all known.

2. The Best Buy deal, another nail in the coffin, the label should of allowed everyplace to carry this

3. The fact that too many people were like, he should not call this Guns N' Roses, it's just Axl. Well, he owns the name, there were dfferent members in teh band before the ones we all know adn there were changes while they were famous as well.

4. Times have changed, unfortunatly for the worse when it comes to music, hardly anyone cares about the full cd anymore, it has become all about the single now. Radio stations wont touch new material from old bands and music videos no longer influence sales anymore.

Chinese Democarcy is in no way a perfect cd and is not as great as Appitite for Destruction, but it is defnitly a cd in which every song is perfect and extremly well produced. I think Axl did a great job on this cd and I see no flaws in the music itself. This cd is one that I keep in constant rotation in my car and is one of my favorite cd's of all time.

Last edited by Denim on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I kant fookin spel)

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

4New Guns N' Roses Album Empty Re: New Guns N' Roses Album Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:17 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Best album from the last ten years, IMO.

As for the singles, Axl didn't do himself any favors by NOT writing one for this album. There is nothing on Chinese Democracy that is accessible enough for radio play but that's okay by me.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

5New Guns N' Roses Album Empty Re: New Guns N' Roses Album Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:18 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree, the only one that comes close to being a radio friendly song is "better"

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

6New Guns N' Roses Album Empty Re: New Guns N' Roses Album Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I only heard one song from the album and wasn't impressed. I am curious about hearing more from it though...Axl's such a d-bag though, that part of me just wants to write him off. He's a talented d-bag, but a d-bag nonetheless.

7New Guns N' Roses Album Empty Re: New Guns N' Roses Album Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Not a fan.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

8New Guns N' Roses Album Empty Re: New Guns N' Roses Album Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the album, but older GNR is better in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum