Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Con moment from C2E2

+28
darth__frodo
aequitus
Foxy
Lee
Demonweasel
mchampion
Astro13Zombie
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Silent K
Mnemosis
goatt
rwe1138
SexyToaster
JonSpangler
MillionDollarGeek
TENIME_art
Rath99
Ska
JessJupiter
WonderWoman2.0
Denim
Joshua
potatojoe
Chi-Town Spidey
THALASTDRAGON
elijahdprophet
Gojiratoho
32 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kristin, Josh, Eli, and I were talking about this before I left Monday morning to head home.

For me, it had to be swinging by the Boom! Studios booth when I was dressed as John Crichton on Saturday. being a fanboy that geeks out over stuff, it was really odd yet fulfilling and flattering when people were geeking out over me. They loved my costume, asked if they could play with Wynona, and snapped lots of pics. It was awesome.

So what was your best/favorite moment from the con?

2Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:38 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Talking firearms and self defense with Sharis Van Sciver, only later to be Judo Chopped by her was pretty high on the list of things that happened on the floor that were great.

Off the floor recording the PoPCast was great, and the Sunday Night Sandwich Party was loads of fun.

3Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fucking Templesmith.

4Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:43 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

sittin in tha lobby wit everybody talkin about all kinds of stuff ranked pretty high on my list

5Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MY FAVORITE MOMENT was Saturday Night Lobby Takeover.

Lee running up to me "OMG AWESOME IDEA AWESOME IDEA AWESOME IDEA!!! KAY! KAY! KAY! KAY! KAY!" Laughing Hamburglar was planned to come on the stage tomorrow with Kwhack and Josh be like burglars and stuff and I was suppose to stop them when I showed up.

It didn't work out, but seeing Lee run and try to stop himseelf of his glee and excitement was fucken priceless! It was like he met Optimus Prime for the first time in person and went to tell all his friends. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

6Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:51 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Lobby takeover and Pop Panel are high on my list.

7Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My favorite convention experience was probably getting my hardcover of The Pro signed by everyone who worked on it, as well as a sketch by Amanda Conner inside of it. Photobombing the shit out of people was pretty fun too. Riding up the elevator with Joe Quesada and Geoff Johns was pretty surreal.

As for favorite moments of the entire weekend I could never limit my favorite non-convention to just one moment. My favorites were generally when we were just chilling in Fort Awesome and in the hotel lobby. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night were all really spectacular.

8Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would have to say every moment from picking up Gem at Midway all the way to leaving the parking lot of Portillo's on Monday. I cannot pick out one moment, the whole entire time was my best con moment.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

9Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Meetin' tha' muthafuckin' Pop!pers! You guys straight up took care of my ass this past weekend and I loved it (not to mention I really needed it). This was my first con, and not only did I get to meet some of my freaking idols (having a fangirl moment at Adam Hughes' table, couch diving with Jill Thompson), but I got to make some awesome friends.

And that my friends, is fucking BOSS.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

10Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

JessJupiter

JessJupiter
Pirate
Pirate

My most awesome moment was talking with a rather drunk Jamie S Rich! But overall the entire con was awesome. I was so pleased that I got to meet so many people from the PoP!ulation in person, although, I can barely put people's faces to their names! (I'm totally horrible with names!)

Can't wait to do it again! See you guys in August!?

http://www.jessjupiter.webs.com

11Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JessJupiter wrote:although, I can barely put people's faces to their names!(I'm totally horrible with names!)
I was the guy who introduced himself as gangsternerd. I have a confession to make, that was an untruth.

12Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i didnt know it was ur first con, but this was definitely a great one to start wit. ive been goin to wizard world chicago since '05 and this was definitely my favorite.

gettin all these sigs was great too, even though i missed a few people and i cant make out like 2-3 of em lol
Best Con moment from C2E2 DSC00887

and i found like 4 things of pop rocks condoms rocks in my bag lol

13Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JessJupiter wrote:My most awesome moment was talking with a rather drunk Jamie S Rich! But overall the entire con was awesome. I was so pleased that I got to meet so many people from the PoP!ulation in person, although, I can barely put people's faces to their names! (I'm totally horrible with names!) when Pete snuck on me while I was in my Spider-Woman outfit and surprised the fuck out of me! It was awesome on how good he was with his Spidey stealthy skills!

Fixed. Laughing

Last edited by Spider-Man on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:00 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
JessJupiter wrote:although, I can barely put people's faces to their names!(I'm totally horrible with names!)
I was the guy who introduced himself as gangsternerd. I have a confession to make, that was an untruth.

Gangsternerd? Brilliant.

I should have said I was Mikey

Btw, love the avatar Dave. Katie Cook is the coolest!

15Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Other best moments.

Having a Con Picnic with JSC and his brother Cory, with Jeph Loeb stopping by...now how cool is that?!

Goofing around with Carly and Chris

The rest of the PoPulation!

OWNING the stage at the Marvel booth!

Giving JSC and Cory a ride back to the airport!

Picking up Josh and Dave at the airport!

Interviewing Kevin Conroy!

Kevin Conroy and PoP Panel!

Me having to explain the whole Aspen opening to a dozen people during the Aspen Panel.

16Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Everything involved with the greatest website in the world: http://ijpeffwa.friendsofsmash.co.uk/

Special thanks to Kristin for pointing us in that direction and to Greg for giving such a spirited and sensuous reading of Trannysaurus Rex.

17Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

-Rocking the Paige O. Pannell look.
-Rocking the Blair cosplay.
-Meeting the guys from Ghost Hunters.
-Neil Gaiman reading.
-Hanging out with everybody.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

18Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Special thanks to Foxy for being the table to just relax or put our stuff at for awhile. Carrying sucks sometimes.

19Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man wrote:Other best moments.

Having a Con Picnic with JSC and his brother Cory, with Jeph Loeb stopping by...now how cool is that?!

Goofing around with Carly and Chris

The rest of the PoPulation!

OWNING the stage at the Marvel booth!

Giving JSC and Cory a ride back to the airport!

Picking up Josh and Dave at the airport!

Interviewing Kevin Conroy!

Kevin Conroy and PoP Panel!

Me having to explain the whole Aspen opening to a dozen people during the Aspen Panel.

The fact that this ranks in your "Best Moments" along side interviewing Kevin Conroy and giving J. Scott a ride makes me a little teary-eyed. You are truly awesome Pete!

20Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:

Btw, love the avatar Dave. Katie Cook is the coolest!

Thanks, that was my first ever con sketch. I love it.

21Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:57 pm

JessJupiter

JessJupiter
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:
Why would you do that!? D: (Just kidding! Josh, I totally knew what your hair and beard combo looked like before hand! You're one of like...five people I knew who they were. :P)

Spider-Man wrote:
JessJupiter wrote:My most awesome moment was talking with a rather drunk Jamie S Rich! But overall the entire con was awesome. I was so pleased that I got to meet so many people from the PoP!ulation in person, although, I can barely put people's faces to their names! (I'm totally horrible with names!) when Pete snuck on me while I was in my Spider-Woman outfit and surprised the fuck out of me! It was awesome on how good he was with his Spidey stealthy skills!
Fixed. Laughing

Haha that too! That was freaking awesome! If I was video taping my point of view, it would be the best video ever! Smile

http://www.jessjupiter.webs.com

22Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't limit it to just one. The entire weekend was a blast! I feel like I've made some really cool friends this weekend.

If I was to name just one moment it would be when Nicole, Foxy and some of the other PoP Princesses asked Jenn to join the PoP! group pic. It was like she was welcomed in and it touched her as well....Thanks girls!

23Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Meeting Tito & Jenn! yes

24Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The ten minute giggle-fest I had with Ariel and Greg as we spooned in bed.

25Best Con moment from C2E2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:07 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... all fucken great moments. Meeting all of you was just it for me to geek out.

Thursday - Watching Kick Ass with all of you, Richard Roeper was sitting right in front of me but Knize, Lee, and Rob had the better seats. They didn't even know Roeper was sitting next to them until I told them the next day.

Friday - Kevin Conroy panel and Chris Ward's question to him. Meeting all of you in The Group Picture. Me walking around in the Buy More T-shirt and having people tell me that its an awesome shirt and a few take pictures. PoP! Panel. Fan Girl of the Month Calendar panel. Having the Rancor in my hands. Having the PoP! sign in my hand like it was He-Man's sword. White Castle with all of you.... End of the night hanging out with Tad, Ben, and Denim.

Saturday - Awesome Scott Pilgrim group cosplay with Daisy and the guy that played Todd Ingram (Mario who will be joining the site as well) And oh em gee... the photo rapage that Daisy was telling me about and I had to experience for the first time ever during the costume contest.

Sunday - Last day, just going around and buying stuff... geeking out over at Tim Seeley's booth and him asking me what PoPtweetmafia was and me explaining to him the Panels on Pages twitterers and then him proceeding to write his twitter name down on my shirt. Gem Wolf interviewing MillionDollarGeek... lol. Me doing the poprocks challenge (I could have done another one on camera). Getting sketches, saying goodbye to Sexy Toaster (tear) saying goodbye to a few other people. Hyatt lobby, hanging out with all of you before the popcast, saying goodbye and hugging all of you because you treated me like family, and then the last picture I took was the PoP! Group.

So yea... I had an awesome ass time over the weekend and I wouldn't trade that over anything.

Also should be noted that I just completely lost it when I was walking around with Lee, Nicole, and Kerouc when I saw Tango just standing in the middle of the red carpet. I tapped his shoulder and told him my wife was a big fan and he shook my hand and gave me a brotherly love hug. Im like.... this man just hugged the hell out of me! Awesome times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum