Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wonder Woman's new costume

+21
LordD3r3k
ScarletW
tstrike99
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
DickGrayson007
Foreigner_Man
Spazzy
joegavilan
comicgeekelly
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Denim
Spider_Fan14
Sapphire Gypsy
Batman25JM
jaydee74
G_Zatara
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:32 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/new-wonder-woman-costume-100629.html

2Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wonder Woman's new costume Wonder_woman_new_costume_02

It's interesting.

3Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I kinda like it. I'm not the biggest WW fan, and I have to admit one of the reasons is that I just don't like her costume. So, I welcome the change. I don't know how I feel about the story line that was mentioned. It screams "this story will be irrelevant in five years".

I don't think the new costume will last for an extended period of time though. I'd give it, I don't know, maybe 2 years max before it's either redesigned or she goes back to her classic look.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Are they trying to make her look like a teenager... cause that's what I get from it. Sad

"The bracelets are still there, but made more colorful, tied on the inside and over the hand, with a script W on each of them that form WW when she holds them side by side...and if you get hit by one of them, it leaves a W mark. This is a Wonder Woman who signs her work ... letting her enemies know that she’s getting closer."

If you have to make her bracers a gimmick then you're not doing it right. Sad

Unhappy Amazon. Sad

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

5Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll reserve judgement for when they actually change the costume in the book.

6Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:53 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the belt is chic as all get out!

7Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Wonder Woman's new costume Wonder_woman_new_costume_02

It's interesting.
I like it alot, but I always see her costume as a traditional amazoian costume with red white and blue color scheme in my head instead of her traditional costume.

8Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They could have tweaked the original costume where it could have been a bit more warrior-like and yet still kept to the classic costume. Not sure how long this will last. It's not bad but the more I look at it, the less I see it as Wonder Woman but that might just be me.

9Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wonder Woman's new costume Wonderwoman

10Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Reading the article makes me thing that all of the denying and finger pointing JMS was doing at joe Q. because of the Spider-Man mess that he wrote (Stacey twins, Sex with Norman) was just JMS passing the buck. I kind of can see JMS being more of a mastermind behind that all reading what he is planning to do with Wonder Woman.

It's things like this that make me glad I am out of work and can't afford comics.

It will be just temporary, no more then a year.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

11Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:01 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the belt, but unless there's some retro reason for the costume. Sad

I think if I ever do a Wonder Woman costume I want to do this one. :

Wonder Woman's new costume Im001057

That woman right there is an Amazon warrior!

12Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That armor looks pinchy, but I'd love to see someone cosplay that.
Wonder Woman's new costume Tumblr_l06i7qv9fB1qbrupjo1_400
This KC WW doesn't look bad.

I don't hate the outfit. Twitter esplodin' with negative. I just think it's something that'll fade and she'll return in an issue with her classic or a classic-esque outfit. Happens everytime a character does that. Hera forbid a superherione has a costume change. :P

13Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:09 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you can find an image of the "Just Imagine..." costume, that'd be my choice.

14Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See I don't care so much about the costume but in the process lets kill off everything that MAKES her Wonder Woman. I can get over an outfit change. I DO like the belt....

She's an Amazon... you take that away and now she's just anther abandoned "gifted" child. Fuck that... she needs the Amazons to make her strong, to make her what she is... without that she's not Wonder Woman to me. Sad

15Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:43 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Wonder Woman's new costume Wonder_woman_new_costume_02

yikes was my initial reaction to this look...sorry Diana but only 90s Rogue can pull off that jacket.

I'm not sure about this new story direction, but I gotta hand it to JMS for having grapefruit-sized balls for trying. The character does need some drastic changes so maybe this could work...

16Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:00 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:If you can find an image of the "Just Imagine..." costume, that'd be my choice.
This?
Wonder Woman's new costume 923174-just_imagine___wonder_woman_201_super

Bigtymin504 wrote:
yikes was my initial reaction to this look...sorry Diana but only 90s Rogue can pull off that jacket.

I'm not sure about this new story direction, but I gotta hand it to JMS for having grapefruit-sized balls for trying. The character does need some drastic changes so maybe this could work...

That was my initial thoughts too. Not sure I hate the costume but I just don't see it as "Wonder Woman's" costume. I do agree that she needs something to get people more interested in her. I guess time will tell.

17Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:49 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like it alot.

Just not as a Wonder Woman costume.

AmeComi's my favorite.

Wonder Woman's new costume Ami-wonderwoman

18Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:00 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Meh on the costume change.

Not digging the new status quo. But I already planned to drop the book once Gail left, so it's not that big a deal to me.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

19Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the status quo change for Wonder Woman is the thing I am fearing the most.

20Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:29 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not a Wonder Woman fan, but I have to say that I really like the new costume.

21Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I haven't read issue #600 yet, but I flipped through it, and I have to say after seeing it in action, I really really like the new costume.

22Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:40 pm

joegavilan

joegavilan
Cadet
Cadet

I don't mind the costume change, it's the new "origin" that I don't like.

23Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No matter what, this is a brilliant move to get people talking about Wonder Woman for a change. It was the top news on every comics website and it's even getting publicity on regular news sites. Whether people love it or hate it, it's just a smart move to get people actually caring about Wonder Woman again.

24Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:54 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

me no likey

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

25Wonder Woman's new costume Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It wouldn't have worked with this new "urban" direction, but I loved Wizard's "Ultimate Wonder Woman" redesign.

Wonder Woman's new costume Wonderwoman

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum