Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wonder Woman's new costume

+21
LordD3r3k
ScarletW
tstrike99
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
DickGrayson007
Foreigner_Man
Spazzy
joegavilan
comicgeekelly
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Denim
Spider_Fan14
Sapphire Gypsy
Batman25JM
jaydee74
G_Zatara
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:It wouldn't have worked with this new "urban" direction, but I loved Wizard's "Ultimate Wonder Woman" redesign.

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Wonderwoman
Where did you find that pic? I really liked that article and I can't find it on Wizard's website anymore.

27Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I just Googled the pic. Yeah that article was pretty awesome, I liked all the revamp concepts they had...except Martian Manhunter's.

28Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Interesting. I'm not gonna make any decisions on it 'till I get an idea on where the story is going to go. Besides, this isn't the most drastic change to WW's costume she's had. I agree with Bigtymin, smart move on DC & JMS' part to get some press and people talking about Diana again.

29Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did they plan out what this new origin does to things that have happend in the past. Such as Donna Troy, Cassie, Killing Max Lord. Seriously, editors and writers need to stop retconning stuff. They should be able to come up with original ideas that work in the now. If they had an idea to do a new origin, just Elseworld it or try to create a story around the idea that happens in the now.

This whole idea of redoing things, makes stories I have enjoyed pointless if they never happend.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

30Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:56 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Did they plan out what this new origin does to things that have happend in the past. Such as Donna Troy, Cassie, Killing Max Lord. Seriously, editors and writers need to stop retconning stuff. They should be able to come up with original ideas that work in the now. If they had an idea to do a new origin, just Elseworld it or try to create a story around the idea that happens in the now.

This whole idea of redoing things, makes stories I have enjoyed pointless if they never happend.

I am very curious about that as well. Also, haven't they retconned the JLA so that Batman, Superman AND Wonder Woman were the founding members? Is that still the case?

31Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:22 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Hell, I'm not even sure what Hippolyta's status with the JSA is anymore.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

32Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:18 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I like it.

33Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Hell, I'm not even sure what Hippolyta's status with the JSA is anymore.
Oh. I never even thought of that.

34Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Reading the article makes me thing that all of the denying and finger pointing JMS was doing at joe Q. because of the Spider-Man mess that he wrote (Stacey twins, Sex with Norman) was just JMS passing the buck. I kind of can see JMS being more of a mastermind behind that all reading what he is planning to do with Wonder Woman.

It's things like this that make me glad I am out of work and can't afford comics.

It will be just temporary, no more then a year.

JMS wanted to make a change that involved an alteration to the time stream. That would have been bad but in many ways, at least better than Joe Q's "wave a magic wand at it" solution which is rife with problems and inconsistencies. JMS's plan would have taken a bit more to work through.

Personally, both ideas were whack and the solution presented in Avengers Initiative (the Scarlet Spiders essentially invalidating Parker's reveal) was the best one, especially given how stupid/gullible the Marvel populace can be (see Norman Osborn being accepted as head of HAMMER and their dislike for mutants in spite of being head over heals in love with the Avengers).

I don't think he was passing the buck so much as saying he was crazy but not that crazy. But you're right. This WW storyline will cast some doubt on him. I'm beginning to wonder about him now...

joegavilan wrote:I don't mind the costume change, it's the new "origin" that I don't like.

Yeah, this bothers me greatly. And as Denim mentioned, it does bring about the ghost of OMD again. How this affects other titles in critical so I don't think this will stay as it is, since it would require a change across the boards that probably wasn't planned for by the other writers.

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:I like the belt, but unless there's some retro reason for the costume. Sad

I think if I ever do a Wonder Woman costume I want to do this one. :

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Im001057

That woman right there is an Amazon warrior!

Yeah, I liked that as well. Add some of her red, white, and blue (though she is an embassador to the world so having only American colors seems silly), and it would be perfection. Wonder Woman is the warrior of the trinity, with Superman, the classic superhero and Batman, the more modern, street level hero. Her origin strongly supports this as does her personality. She should look like battle ready, especially since she is (and should) be dealing with threats that would warrant her attention (in short all things of myth). She's a mythical character brought to life in a world where mythical and mythical like things run rampant. She should dress the part. The current costume does not suit someone of her stature anyways. Imagine Superman in a similar costume.

The sad part is, they have fielded better costumes countless times and yet they decide on something stolen from Black Canary's closet.
Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 12778510

Too many weapons? She staches them away in a magical compartment. She has an invisible plane, so a magical compartment is not too crazy for her. Also, she should have more than just a stipid lasso. A lasso is a crappy weapon. Until I find someone who can kick my ass with one, I'll continue thinking so. I hope this is temporary because it feels like a whole lot of bollocks to me.

35Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think one of the reasons I like the new WW costume so much is that it is very Black Canary-esque, and BC is one of my favorite DC characters.

I get why people hate this, but since I'm not really a WW fan I'm kind of interested in the change.

36Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I think one of the reasons I like the new WW costume so much is that it is very Black Canary-esque, and BC is one of my favorite DC characters.

I get why people hate this, but since I'm not really a WW fan I'm kind of interested in the change.

That's fine but do we need two Black Canarys? Wonder Woman is a Thor level being. When she gets her powers back, this look will seem silly and will have Rogue wondering why Wonder Woman is wearing her jacket.

And the whole change seems silly. I hope they explain how the gods were powerful enough to pull this off despite being beaten by regular class foes.

And I think a spear would be a cooler weapon for her.

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Spearo10Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Spearo11

Suspect Wink Laughing

37Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:19 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

This is the best anti-Jim Lee's Wonder Woman article I've read so far:
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/01/committed-jim-lees-lack-of-wonder/

I too wonder why - with all the money the companies invest in their icons and the money they gain them back - they don't hire professional fashion designers to do this job. Obviously, Jim Lee has no good sense of fashion design (not that I have... but I know "ugly" or "bad" when I see it).

Someone on Comics Alliance noted two interesting facts: Last time Jim Lee redesigned the WW costume was back in 2001 for Stan Lee's Just Imagine Stan Lee Creates... project (see image on page 1), and she had a white streak on her hair just like his early '90s Rogue. Flash forward to 2010, and he once again redesigns WW's costume -- with a jacket that resembles the one his Rogue had.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

38Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:40 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Comparing the costume and some of the origin, I'm getting this kind of vibe..
Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Wonder_woman_new_costume_02Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 173745__buffy_l
Laughing Could just be me. I'm still interesting in where JMS takes this..it has potential and it's good to see so many talking about WW.

39Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:16 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 12780410

The one on the far left is superior. That would work wonders (pun very much intended). Add a dash of red and you're in business.

40Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now that Wonder Woman is all covered up, maybe DC should make Superman's costume more risque.

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Borat-movie-08

Put on a red cape and slap an "S" on his chest and you're good to go. Smile

41Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

On his chest?! No, no, no...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

42Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:12 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Wonder_woman_new_costume_02

It's interesting.

Reminds me of a cross between Justice Riders WW and the leather jacket years when Artemis was WW.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

43Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:16 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

looks very 90's to me. Doesn't really matter though, it won't stick around!

44Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:21 am

ScarletW

ScarletW
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Batman25JM wrote:I haven't read issue #600 yet, but I flipped through it, and I have to say after seeing it in action, I really really like the new costume.

This. Looked much better than that initial sketch.

45Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:30 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I see this lasting for the extent of JMS's run, and that'll be the end of it.

46Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:49 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I see this lasting for the extent of JMS's run, and that'll be the end of it.

Probably true. The question is, how long will the run last. Suspect

47Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:58 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

My guess, 3 years. Same with Superman. He's definitely locked in for 2. From what I read, he wants to spend the first year laying his groundwork, then mix things up in the second year, and then my theory is the third year will be aftermath/clean up getting ready for the next creative team to take over.

48Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:07 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

My guess, 3 years. Same with Superman. He's definitely locked in for 2. From what I read, he wants to spend the first year laying his groundwork, then mix things up in the second year, and then my theory is the third year will be aftermath/clean up getting ready for the next creative team to take over.

Sounds like a solid guess. Sales for both books will no doubt be significantly up for at least the first arc or two. Which means he'll probably be on for as long as he likes, which I would guess would be around 3-4 years.

49Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:18 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The new costume actually made the news over here.

50Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:22 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:The new costume actually made the news over here.

Not surprising. Despite what people may think of her comics, Wonder Woman is by far the most recognizable female superhero.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum