Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James

+5
DickGrayson007
jaydee74
Bigtymin504
Rath99
Off_White_Lantern
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The true litmus test of this whole situation is that Lebron has succeeded in making Kobe seem likable in comparison.

27Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:The true litmus test of this whole situation is that Lebron has succeeded in making Kobe seem likable in comparison.

Winning is the best disinfectant in sports. The fact that Kobe has been winning lately makes people forget that he played a big role in breaking up the Shaq-Kobe-Phil dynasty, publicly whined and demanded to be traded from the Lakers, cheated on his wife and bought her an $8 million ring to make up for it, and was on trial for raping a chick. If Lebron wins, which seems very likely, all will be forgiven and forgotten.

28Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta agree with this. Winning makes people forget a lot of things.

29Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I want to know how Lebron will win? You have Wade Bosh and Lebron... then you are still filling your roster with guys who are no better than what Lebron had in Cleveland.... needless to say all 3 guys will be so gassed by playoff time they may not be better than a second round team.....

with that being said, Lebron will never be loved again in Ohio... ever.... Lebron went on national tv and ripped the hearts out of the cavs fans. He said he has a better chance to win on a team with 2 guys than on a team with guys he has played with for 7 years. If that is not a slam against the organization, Im not sure what is.

If Lebron would have just issued a private statement there would not have been so much hatred in Ohio for Lebron. The problem is he just stabbed his hometown in the back.

Plus if you dont think Lebron quit in the playoffs you are slightly crazy. Something was bothering him or upset him in that series. If you dont believe it, then look back two years ago when Lebron litterally scored the last 28 points for the cavs against Detroit, in the playoffs. Lebron just kept scoring and scored all of the over time points for Cle.... Lebron quit, and Gilbert has every right to rip Lebron.....

but oh well Lebron will be popular in other cities but he will not be in Ohio....

Last edited by shark6495 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

30Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Winning tends to be the cure all but even with the wins you won't hear Lebron's name mentioned with Jordan, Magic, Bird, or even Kobe. I completely understand his desire to win a championship but part of me thinks he was tired of being the man and maybe a little scared that he may never win a championship. He doesn't come off as the fierce competitor like some of the past NBA greats were.

31Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:I want to know how Lebron will win? You have Wade Bosh and Lebron... then you are still filling your roster with guys who are no better than what Lebron had in Cleveland.... needless to say all 3 guys will be so gassed by playoff time they may not be better than a second round team.....

with that being said, Lebron will never be loved again in Ohio... ever.... Lebron went on national tv and ripped the hearts out of the cavs fans. He said he has a better chance to win on a team with 2 guys than on a team with guys he has played with for 7 years. If that is not a slam against the organization, Im not sure what is.

If Lebron would have just issued a private statement there would not have been so much hatred in Ohio for Lebron. The problem is he just stabbed his hometown in the back.

I don't think anyone is denying that he'll be hated in Cleveland..and it is deserved. While they still need people to round out the roster they will have guys jumping at the chance to play with them. Haslem just took $15 million less to play with them. Miller is about to sign with them and after that they don't need much. I still give the edge to Boston next year but it won't be long before the Heat claim the east.

32Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Rath99 wrote:Winning tends to be the cure all but even with the wins you won't hear Lebron's name mentioned with Jordan, Magic, Bird, or even Kobe. I completely understand his desire to win a championship but part of me thinks he was tired of being the man and maybe a little scared that he may never win a championship. He doesn't come off as the fierce competitor like some of the past NBA greats were.

About three days before "The Decision" (what a name for a show) Lebron did say he was nervous to sign with Cleveland and then in 6 years be 31 with bad knees and no championships.... the man has every right to leave and pursue other work, but hes not big enough to have a special about him and expect everyone to think its going to work out well....

The whole cleveland anger issue comes from the fact that Lebron was/is a son of Cleveland (ok Akron but northeast ohio)... he was not a new york kid who got drafted by the cavs.... he grew up in ohio, had ohio fans his whole life. Got signed by his home town team and the state of ohio swarmed to cleveland.... basically the city feels it didnt get anything in return from lebron after 7 years of following him to watch him leave in a prime time special.....

has there ever been a similar situation? a home town kid plays for his home town team then leaves?

33Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Rath99 wrote:Winning tends to be the cure all but even with the wins you won't hear Lebron's name mentioned with Jordan, Magic, Bird, or even Kobe. I completely understand his desire to win a championship but part of me thinks he was tired of being the man and maybe a little scared that he may never win a championship. He doesn't come off as the fierce competitor like some of the past NBA greats were.

QFT

I'm biased. I'm a Chicago kid raised on Michael Jordan. I don't ever want anyone to knock him off of his pedestal, but if anyone does, I want them to be worthy. Kobe blew it with his off the court mishaps, and Lebron blew it by revealing his true non-Jordanian self. There won't be another threat to Jordan's legacy for another generation.

34Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:57 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Rath99 wrote:
I don't think anyone is denying that he'll be hated in Cleveland..and it is deserved. While they still need people to round out the roster they will have guys jumping at the chance to play with them. Haslem just took $15 million less to play with them. Miller is about to sign with them and after that they don't need much. I still give the edge to Boston next year but it won't be long before the Heat claim the east.

I just saw that... but the problem is that if a team has no bench depth then what are they? Ill give you that Wade, Bosh, and James on a team will be a sure fire score at will team but down the stretch into the playoffs those three will be tired. Haslem is good and Miller is a decent player but Im not sure they will have the depth needed... but who knows... salary cap for next season is 58 mill, lebron bosh and wade are at 45... its going to be very tight....

35Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:59 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

And to be honest, with the 3 amigos, is there going to be room for anyone else on the team, or are they going to be the cool kids table?

36Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:

QFT

I'm biased. I'm a Chicago kid raised on Michael Jordan. I don't ever want anyone to knock him off of his pedestal, but if anyone does, I want them to be worthy. Kobe blew it with his off the court mishaps, and Lebron blew it by revealing his true non-Jordanian self. There won't be another threat to Jordan's legacy for another generation.

I'm actually a huge Jordan fan too, I think his legacy as the greatest player ever is safe no matter what any player does. That said, Jordan was not a patron saint by any means. He was known to publicly call out teammates and he even punched Steve Kerr in the face in practice. Not to mention his widely known gambling issues and extramarital affair. But again, fans and the media basically forgive all that because he won so much and was so damn good.

37Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

^^ good point... team chemistry? and can Spoelstra keep this team level? or will Pat Riley have to come back?

38Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:
Rath99 wrote:

I just saw that... but the problem is that if a team has no bench depth then what are they? Ill give you that Wade, Bosh, and James on a team will be a sure fire score at will team but down the stretch into the playoffs those three will be tired. Haslem is good and Miller is a decent player but Im not sure they will have the depth needed... but who knows... salary cap for next season is 58 mill, lebron bosh and wade are at 45... its going to be very tight....

Filling out the rest of the roster will definitely be tough. I'm definitely not saying they'll automatically win the championship, but they're certainly instant contenders and at the very worst the 3rd or 4th best team in the league coming out the gate. The Mike Miller pick up is huge. Now they have a bonafide sharpshooter, and I'm sure Pat Riley will put together some more pieces. The big thing they have going for them now is that players will want to play with the "big 3"...especially in Miami.

39Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:^^ good point... team chemistry? and can Spoelstra keep this team level? or will Pat Riley have to come back?

That is the big question isn't it? I'm pretty sure Riley is dying to coach this team, but will probably give Spoelstra a legit chance to get it done. If he doesn't, expect to see the slicked-back hair back on the Heat sideline.

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

40Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I go back to the Laker team that brought on Karl Malone and Gary Payton. They signed for much less just at a chance to win a title. Then that is also an example of a team with a lack of depth. Malone went down in the playoffs leaving the Lakers with no one to fill that spot and a tougher Pistons team took it to them. I see the Celtics with the big bodies they have posing the same problems to the Heat.

41Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:12 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

does Miami have any big bodies? That was the down fall last year for the cavs, they had no one to bounce inside - then they got shaq shake my head .... so does miami have any board bouncers? or will this team just fly to the hoop?
Im not saying this team wont be a contender but Im just going out on a limb and saying this team does not make the conference finals this year.

42Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:I go back to the Laker team that brought on Karl Malone and Gary Payton. They signed for much less just at a chance to win a title. Then that is also an example of a team with a lack of depth. Malone went down in the playoffs leaving the Lakers with no one to fill that spot and a tougher Pistons team took it to them. I see the Celtics with the big bodies they have posing the same problems to the Heat.

Not to mention the Lakers who have easily the best frontcourt in the NBA. They're big men are just flat out bigger and more skilled then everybody else. People thinking the Heat will walk all over the league are kidding themselves, but with those 3 players they can at the very least hang with anybody. Whether they pick the right role players will determine if they build a dynasty though.

43Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:does Miami have any big bodies? That was the down fall last year for the cavs, they had no one to bounce inside - then they got shaq shake my head .... so does miami have any board bouncers? or will this team just fly to the hoop?
Im not saying this team wont be a contender but Im just going out on a limb and saying this team does not make the conference finals this year.

They really don't have any big bodies yet, other then Bosh if he counts. Riley is working on it though as we speak. I have a feeling they'll bring in Shaq ( shake my head ) and I heard rumors about Brad Miller. I'll have to see what the final roster looks like before I make any predictions about them. As of right now, the Magic and Celtics are just too big for them in the East.

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

44Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With all they hype surrounding this team anything short of an NBA title is a bust. Just making it is not going to cut it after all this crap.

45Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

My prediction: Heat get 6th seed, and get knocked out in the first round.

46Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:With all they hype surrounding this team anything short of an NBA title is a bust. Just making it is not going to cut it after all this crap.

Yeah it'll probably be painted like that by the media. But calling a bust if they don't win this year would be pretty silly I think, considering how young they are and that they'll be adding pieces every year. I don't see them staying title-less for very long.

Silent K wrote:My prediction: Heat get 6th seed, and get knocked out in the first round.

Laughing Bold prediction. I don't see that happening. The East is top heavy but not very deep. There's the Celtics, Magic, and maaaaaybe Hawks that are legit good teams. After that, it's a bunch of mediocre-to-bad teams. The Heat were the 5th seed in the East last season with Wade and a bunch of scrubs...I think it's safe to say they'll improve on that record next season.

47Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:27 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't forget the Bulls..Much improved and a nice young team

48Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
shark6495 wrote:does Miami have any big bodies? That was the down fall last year for the cavs, they had no one to bounce inside - then they got shaq shake my head .... so does miami have any board bouncers? or will this team just fly to the hoop?

They really don't have any big bodies yet, other then Bosh if he counts. Riley is working on it though as we speak. I have a feeling they'll bring in Shaq ( shake my head ) and I heard rumors about Brad Miller. I'll have to see what the final roster looks like before I make any predictions about them. As of right now, the Magic and Celtics are just too big for them in the East.

Last rumor I heard was Shaq was looking at Boston.... but would Wade want Shaq back? Would Lebron want a 38/39 year old shaq, again?

49Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Don't forget the Bulls..Much improved and a nice young team

Ah totally forgot the Bulls, yeah they will be great. I was soooo hoping Lebron went there. dry

shark6495 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Last rumor I heard was Shaq was looking at Boston.... but would Wade want Shaq back? Would Lebron want a 38/39 year old shaq, again?

I don't think they'll mind, they never had bad relationships with him. Even if they get him he'll mostly just sit on the bench and come in if they need a big body. He wouldn't play very much.

50Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan Gilbert Rips Labron James Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think Shaq fits well. He'll just clog the middle when these guys are trying to slash their way into it.

Also heard Shaq to the Spurs or Mavs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum