Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you want Batman to be?

5 posters

Who do you want to see as Batman

Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_lcap53%Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_rcap 53% [ 9 ]
Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_lcap24%Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_rcap 24% [ 4 ]
Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_lcap0%Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_lcap0%Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_lcap18%Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_rcap 18% [ 3 ]
Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_lcap5%Who do you want Batman to be? Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Let the opinions......BEGIN!

2Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne.

If it's in the present, I'll always say Bruce. If it's in the future, I'd say Terry McGinnis.

I want Dick back as Nightwing, Tim as Red Robin, and Jason back as his old Red Hood identity (with the helmet not the button and having the personality he had in Under the Hood).

3Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta agree Bruce is Batman but I think Dick has graduated from being Nightwing. I feel in a way, if Dick goes back to being Nightwing for the second time (the first time was back during the "Prodigal" story, it's almost a step back. I get that Dick created the Nightwing persona but being Batman to me is a step up for the character and I think just like Bucky has made the Captain America persona his own, I think Dick has done the same thing with Batman.

Having said that, I want both Bruce and Dick as Batman. I think the world could use two Batmen. I have said this many times but for me, Dick is the "Caped Crusader". He could be the public persona of Batman. The leader of the JLA. The dayshift Batman if you will. That leave the dark and gritty shift to Bruce who is "The Dark Knight" Batman. Somehow, I feel this would be so awesome and so appropriate and interesting.

4Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I REALLY don't want both Bruce and Dick as Batman. We already have 3 Flashes, two Wildcats, and a ton of Green Lanterns (though aside from Alan Scott, their case is different), and I'm sure others I'm blanking on right now. I don't want two Batmen. I just don't.

Personally, I don't think that Dick going back to Nighwing would be a step down. Batman isn't like a rank in the military, it's a persona created by Bruce. Dick created his own persona. It's who he is. I think it'd make sense for him to go back to it. I feel he only stepping into the Batman identity because he felt that there needed to be a Batman, but with Bruce back he'd gladly go back to being Nightwing.

I do have a bad feeling that both Dick and Bruce will end up being Batman when Bruce returns based solely on the title of Morrison's new book.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:35 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I see them both being Batman simply because I can see Dick being the Batman in "Batman and Robin". I'm not saying that these characters are ranks or anything like that. What I mean by a step down though is I think from an identity point of view, Batman is a step up from Nightwing. As an example of a step down, it would be like this. Wally goes from being Kid Flash to the Flash. Barry comes back and takes back the Flash mantle while Wally goes from Flash to Kid Flash. That is a step down. I think when it comes to worldwide recognition, being Batman is a bigger deal than being Nightwing. Just an opinion.

I don't mind multiple characters using the same name. Green Lantern are basically cops in space so of course there is going to be more than one. I don't mind multiple Flashes simply because it's a family. A Flash family and the people who use that name are close to one another and it's rather cool. I can see two Batmen being a cool concept. It sort of reminds me of a Elseworlds story involving the son of Batman taking back the mantle of the Bat from Ra's Al Ghul who made a Batman army. I don't know why I think two Batmen is a cool concept but it does excite me. Mostly I guess because I love both takes on the role of Batman. However, Dick Grayson is tied with Hal Jordan as my favorite character so I love him in the role of Batman. I guess in the end it's personal choice.

6Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I don't mind multiple Flashes or GLs, but I just don't want multiple Batmen.

See, I think that if Dick went back to being Robin that would be a step down. He outgrew that identity (one that his mentor created) just like Wally outgrew being Kid Flash. However, Dick created Nightwing. It's who he is, so I don't see him going back to that as being a step down. Here he didn't outgrow an identity that his mentor created, he simply took over for his mentor while he was "dead".

If, upon Barry's return, Wally had created a new identity, I wouldn't have seen that as step down either.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That does make a ton of sense and I will concede that point with it being more of a step down if Dick went back to being Robin or Wally going back to Kid Flash. I supposed because again, Dick is my favorite character along with Hal Jordan, I love the fact that he's stepped into the role of Batman who is also in my top 5. I have always seen Dick as the heir to the cave of sorts and that if there was to ever be another Batman other than Bruce, it should be Dick. In order of my top 5 characters, it goes like this

Dick Grayson and Hal Jordan
Batman
Superman
Flash

To have Dick Grayson as Batman for me is like a dream come true so I want to see that continue.

8Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I totally agree that if there was to be another Batman (in the present) that it should be Dick. But for me, I don't want another one. I want Bruce.

I get that having one of your favorite characters take a big step like is exciting. And for the record I LOVE Dick. He's tied with Daredevil for my second favorite comic character (with Bruce Wayne and Tim Drake being tied for first). I just like Dick best as Nightwing.

9Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

I like the idea of both Dick and Bruce in the role.

10Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Yeah, I totally agree that if there was to be another Batman (in the present) that it should be Dick. But for me, I don't want another one. I want Bruce.

I get that having one of your favorite characters take a big step like is exciting. And for the record I LOVE Dick. He's tied with Daredevil for my second favorite comic character (with Bruce Wayne and Tim Drake being tied for first). I just like Dick best as Nightwing.

I do love the Nightwing role and the costume rocks but I just love seeing Dick in the cape and cowl. It's just awesome. Also, I just want to go on record in saying how much I enjoy talking comics with you. Even when we don't agree. You are a cool guy and I'm glad you are on the boards.

Parallax_48 wrote:I like the idea of both Dick and Bruce in the role.

Same here and I love your name and avatar.

11Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

jaydee74 wrote:Same here and I love your name and avatar.

Thanks.

12Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:49 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I'm not sure how I feel about it because Bruce is such a huge iconic character, I don't see Dick staying in the cowl for long. I think something will happen to him in order to push him out of the role which is one of my greatest fears. I've enjoyed Dick as Batman but I feel that the identity of Batman is unique to Bruce and I'm not sure how long it would be before the big-wigs at DC get bored or tired of two Batmen. With that said I believe there will be two for the time being.

13Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Yeah, I totally agree that if there was to be another Batman (in the present) that it should be Dick. But for me, I don't want another one. I want Bruce.

I do love the Nightwing role and the costume rocks but I just love seeing Dick in the cape and cowl. It's just awesome. Also, I just want to go on record in saying how much I enjoy talking comics with you. Even when we don't agree. You are a cool guy and I'm glad you are on the boards.

Thanks man. I thoroughly enjoy talking with you. You're a cool guy as well, and I am also glad that you are on the boards. hug big grin

14Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hug

I hope this is indeed the actual look for Bruce because it's awesome:
Who do you want Batman to be? 6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f2f5ac07970b-pi

15Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman is Bruce. That's it! I dig Grayson but he's not Batman. He's Nightwing. There is no reason why this should really be a step back. Grayson filled a role that needed to be filled now it's time for him to go back. I'm sorry but this story is waaaaay to similar to what was going on in Captain America. They might go with 2 Batmen for a while but I don't see it lasting long.

16Who do you want Batman to be? Empty Re: Who do you want Batman to be? Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am very curious to see how it could work with two Batmen. I really want this just to see how it would work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum