Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman Inc.

+18
Debaser77
Jherek
Jamesabels
DickGrayson007
superdoug
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Big Poppa Nick
jaydee74
alucardbarnivous
Nymn
Spider_Fan14
G_Zatara
prescribeddrone
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Bigtymin504
Spazzy
Foreigner_Man
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Batman Inc. Empty Batman Inc. Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27400
Marts then turned the mic over to Morrison, who announced what's next for him in the Batman Universe—"Batman: The Return" one-shot and a new series, "Batman, Inc."

"All I'm going to tell you up front is basically it's almost a team book," explained Morrison. "I was looking at the Brave and the Bold cartoon which I love and I wanted to do that kind of thing—Batman with other people. We're come up with a structure that let's us do kind of a team book."

"This is why the book was called 'The Return of Bruce Wayne,'" he added. "This is what happens when Bruce is more in the equation and what he does with the Batman idea and turns it into a franchise."

That's all the news on it as of yet..

2Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

do we really need a new batman book?

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

3Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DiDio on Batman Inc.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=video&show_id=379544

Batman is getting franchised! Laughing

4Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^Yanick Paquette as artist? Awesome. Enjoyed his work since that Terra Obscura series!

5Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Spazzy wrote:do we really need a new batman book?
I'll admit it's a lot of Bat-books, but so far there are a lot of great creators attached.

6Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Interview w/Morrison: http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/110/1108154p1.html
Man, I'm just getting more and more excited. 2 more years of Morrison goodness! I wonder if that 'rollercoaster ride thru hell' involves Doctor Hurt/Black Glove..

7Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:do we really need a new batman book?

Considering how this one actually makes sense in the scheme of things, yes we do.

8Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:50 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another Batbook? That just means I might get Batman and Robin in trade (If the story arc is appealing enough) and get Morrisons book monthly.

Who knows, maybe I won't subscribe to new ongoing series books and get trades of the good new books instead?

9Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:11 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm burned out on Morrison and Batman right now.

10Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:23 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm just tired of Morrison.. I really am.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

11Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:09 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whent the hell was Batman not franchised!? Im getting weary of the Morrison Batman era. I wish they kept Bruve Wayne stuck in time for awhile longer and let the Grayson years keep going.

12Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:12 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Whent the hell was Batman not franchised!? Im getting weary of the Morrison Batman era. I wish they kept Bruve Wayne stuck in time for awhile longer and let the Grayson years keep going.

Me, too. I'm really enjoying Grayson as Batman. Same for Barnes as Cap, I'm glad they didn't immediately have Steve take over as the role as soon as he came back. I'd like him to stay in the cap and cowl longer, the idea of Robin graduating to Batman status is cool to me.

13Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:28 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Any thoughts on who will be part of Batman Inc? A few names popped up for me:

Onyx
Shade
Raven Red
Connor Hawke
Owlman II
Alpha

I was also thinking of the Earth-3 Jason Todd, Talon, but I'd like to see him reinvented.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

14Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say this is intriguing.

15Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Morrison keeps making it a point to call all of this stuff "The Return of Bruce Wayne." He doesn't say it's the return of Batman, so even getting shot in the head we may still have more Grayson as Batman, or with the title, maybe others in the Bat suit.

16Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:38 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BTW, this title makes me think of Starfuckers Inc. when I see it.

17Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Morrison interview:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/08/grant-morrison-.html

After time travels and dark challenges, Bruce Wayne is back in Gotham City and writer Grant Morrison has big plans for the hero. I interviewed Morrison about "Batman, Inc.," a new series that launches in October and will present the "franchising" of the caped crusader -- essentially the dark knight of Gotham City drafts, trains and commands a team of heroes who will wear their leader's colors. "It's all about branding," says Morrison. The team will include Dick Grayson, Knight and Squire, El Gaucho and eight others. Their leader, meanwhile, gets that little yellow circle back on his costume.

Batman Inc. 6a00d8341c630a53ef0134861afd51970c-piBatman Inc. 6a00d8341c630a53ef0134861afc00970c-pi

Classic! thumbs up

18Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I do like the art, I'm not really thrilled that the yellow oval is back. I prefer the costume without it.

19Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:57 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice.

20Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:35 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sweet hotness.

21Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:06 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Any thoughts on who will be part of Batman Inc? A few names popped up for me:

Onyx
Shade
Raven Red
Connor Hawke
Owlman II
Alpha

I was also thinking of the Earth-3 Jason Todd, Talon, but I'd like to see him reinvented.
Probably won't get this, but it's fun to speculate.

Figured Knight and Squire would be in it. El Guacho. Should've guessed that. Batman really respects him.

Onyx almost seems like a given, being that Batman doesn't mind her vigilantism.
Raven Red? Man-Of-Bats and Raven Red would make sense...Man-of-Bats, I think, wanted to retire, yea?
Connor Hawke is a good one. Guy hasn't been used a lot in a long while.
Owlman...not sure. Seems that he'd want to stick with The Outsiders, but if Batman calls...
Don't know much about Alpha.

What about Dark Ranger (prev. The Scout)? He's a pretty fresh character--with the mantle, anyway--that I'm sure Morrison would want to play with.
I wanna say Cassandra Cain, but I think Gail, justifiably, has dibs with BoP.
Jason Bard is my "best feeling" guess. He really seems like he'd be the link to the streets and "talk".
Batman Jones? This is Grant Morrison after all. tongue

22Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:26 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seems like it would be a good time to bring back a new Black Orchid, since she hasn't been around in a while.

I know Batwoman and Bette Kane are moving over to the Batwoman title, but is it possible they could be considered part of 'Batman, Inc.?' Or is it going to be strictly limited to people who could be classified as 'The Batmen of the World'?

23Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:35 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I'm hoping for a few surprise members.

24Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
alucardbarnivous wrote:Any thoughts on who will be part of Batman Inc? A few names popped up for me:

Onyx
Shade
Raven Red
Connor Hawke
Owlman II
Alpha

Probably won't get this, but it's fun to speculate.

Figured Knight and Squire would be in it. El Guacho. Should've guessed that. Batman really respects him.

Onyx almost seems like a given, being that Batman doesn't mind her vigilantism.
Raven Red? Man-Of-Bats and Raven Red would make sense...Man-of-Bats, I think, wanted to retire, yea?
Connor Hawke is a good one. Guy hasn't been used a lot in a long while.
Owlman...not sure. Seems that he'd want to stick with The Outsiders, but if Batman calls...
Don't know much about Alpha.

Alpha was the greatest assassin on Earth until he was in an accident and lost his memory. Coming across Cassie Cain, she was convinced that his knowledge of a case she was working, he was some sort of secret agent. However, it ended up being the assignment he was working on before the memory loss and when he remembered, he almost killed her. He stopped when Cassie convinced him he was happier fighting crime than committing it and he helped her stop a bomb he was going to use. Afterwards, he went to search for what he wanted to be, later showing up in Lady Shiva's League of Assassins. There he told Cassie he couldn't change and ended up saving her from her half-brother Mad Dog when he went rabid. AFAIK, he hasn't been seen since. Generally speaking, Alpha has the powers of a John Woo movie in a godlike form.

And what, no love for my idea of the Shade? Laughing

25Batman Inc. Empty Re: Batman Inc. Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Meant to comment on him. You mean Richard Swift? I don't think he'd...IDK. It's Morrison. Then again, Shade's very--not necessarily exclusive--Robinson's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum