Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman

+19
Foreigner_Man
jaydee74
TheBrownLantern
alucardbarnivous
Joshua
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Goof
comicgeekelly
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
LordD3r3k
prescribeddrone
Esbat
Batman25JM
blue halo
Debaser77
shiky800
LOOSECANNON
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Batman Empty Batman Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman #692

Wasn't this fun? That's maybe why in the past few years Tony Daniel's been a Bat-fav for me? Morrison's is the most challenging, Diggle's was very Dark Knight-ish, Dini's was very classical, and Tony Daniel's is very Michael Bay. That doesn't sound good, but it's a great read. Don't get me wrong--it's not Batman acting like a maniacal-meathead like Miller's All-Star Bats, it's definitely Nightwing under the Cowl, just with more explosions, splash pages, sinister bosses, and a continuing thread from Loeb's classic Dark Victory. Yes, one of the books that inspired the current Nolan run of Batman movies is now being continued in Daniel's continuation of BFTC. I loved BFTC and this takes off quite perfectly without totally nudging on Winick's quickie. Let's hope the quality continues.

4.5/5 Bags&Boards - Just Awesome

Last edited by LOOSECANNON on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

2Batman Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:54 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well this wasn't so bad i liked the way black mask looked.

3Batman Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

It was a definite improvement over the last two issues of Winick and Bagley's arc, which started out great but ended badly. Daniel's definitely got me interested.

4Batman Empty Re: Batman Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:42 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Nice ish. So far, it seems to be a great story. Daniel's art is fantastic, and I was impressed with his writing, as well. Not many can do both the writing and artwork, but Tony seems to be pulling it off nicely.

5Batman Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #692

I didn't care much for it. I love Winick and Bagley and I much preferred their stuff. Daniel is okay, but I don't love him.

I didn't know who some of the people with Black Mask were. What the hell was Black Mask wearing? It looked ridiculous.

The only thing I liked were the Dick/Selena scenes.

6Batman Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Batman #692

I didn't care much for it. I love Winick and Bagley and I much preferred their stuff. Daniel is okay, but I don't love him.

I didn't know who some of the people with Black Mask were. What the hell was Black Mask wearing? It looked ridiculous.

The only thing I liked were the Dick/Selena scenes.
Yeah I really enjoyed those exchanges, they were the highlight of the book. PLUS Selena was stunning in that bathing suit.

http://realityfugitives.com/

7Batman Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved issue 692, I liked Daniel's BFTC mini and this is good as well. Black Mask looked a bit more sci-fi than usual, but I liked it.

8Batman Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I loved issue 692, I liked Daniel's BFTC mini and this is good as well. Black Mask looked a bit more sci-fi than usual, but I liked it.
He looked like some bondage, goth priest or something.

9Batman Empty Re: Batman Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:41 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed Daniel's first issue of the new run. I geeked out alittle at the Long Halloween/Dark Victory nod. It's cool they're expanding on that story. Honestly, IMO Batman has been damn solid for 2 years now

10Batman Empty Re: Batman Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:13 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:I loved issue 692, I liked Daniel's BFTC mini and this is good as well. Black Mask looked a bit more sci-fi than usual, but I liked it.
He looked like some bondage, goth priest or something.

It sorta reminded me of this

Batman Hellraiser_series3_pinhead_pic1

(that's a bad ass figure btw)

11Batman Empty Re: Batman Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:26 am

Dcrashman26

Dcrashman26
Cadet
Cadet

Batman 693. Anyone else getting the impression that
Spoiler:

It really seems that way...

12Batman Empty Re: Batman Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:57 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #693/B&R #6

I loved both Batman books today, I liked Batman & Robin a bit more though- but both were great. I'm loving these 2 books.

13Batman Empty Re: Batman Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:42 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman 693

Didn't care for this one: Correction, it was decent and all until halfway when the pacing shifted abruptly for no real reason. Again, the art was wonderful, but the book feels like it it has no real direction. In any case, overall, I didn't like this one.

B&R #6
Very good book. I loved how Dick acknowloedged all the stuff Todd has done over his lifetime. Too often people discount Todd because the Joker killed him. In any case, I liked the story overall and liked the ending as well. Maybe because it's Morrison, I know something big and grand is being set-up so it's fun to see it all coming together. Even though the plot is in it's infancy, one can see the pieces come together and see something grimly forming. Even more so, one can see how Todd's idelogical war with Dick will play a part in all of this, even if Todd is removed from the stage at this point. His chilling comments about it becoming worse, serves as great fortelling of the horror that faces Dick and Damian. In short, I liked this book. I also liked the art, though I would have preferred something cleaner, along the lines of RIP or the main Batman series.

14Batman Empty Re: Batman Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:40 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Interesting that they brought back Tommy Elliot looking like Bruce. He also made an apperance in Red Robin #6, also still looking like Bruce. I have a feeling that Bruce Wayne will return in issue #700.

15Batman Empty Re: Batman Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:54 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Dcrashman26 wrote:Batman 693. Anyone else getting the impression that
Spoiler:

No, seems too obvious. Plus, the statement that he'd be at the gala, in close proximity with people who think they know him leads me to think that...
Spoiler:

16Batman Empty Re: Batman Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:05 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman 693:
i thought this is was pretty good, the art was real nice

17Batman Empty Re: Batman Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:06 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

also there is a batman and robin thread so you don't have to talk about it here

18Batman Empty Re: Batman Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:11 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wish the dude looking like Bruce thing would have been explained a bit better, because I was very confused.

19Batman Empty Re: Batman Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:58 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:
No, seems too obvious. Plus, the statement that he'd be at the gala, in close proximity with people who think they know him leads me to think that...
Spoiler:
[/quote]
Can't be him the Outsiders have him under constant supervision.

comicgeekelly wrote:I wish the dude looking like Bruce thing would have been explained a bit better, because I was very confused.
Its an ongoing thing with Tommy Elliot aka Hush had himself done up via plastic surgery as Bruce Wayne during the "heart of hush" storyline. Since then he's been captured and used to keep up the appearance that Bruce Wayne is alive inspiteof his fate from Final Crisis.

20Batman Empty Re: Batman Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:15 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Thanks for clearing that up.

21Batman Empty Re: Batman Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:52 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman #693

A return to the greatness that was Morrison's run. And now that Morrison is on Batman & Robin, we get 2 runs that are excellent. No offense to Judd Winick, who did at least an admirable job clearing things up after BFTC, but Tony Daniel has learned from his partnership with Mo' by doing all the things that made his predecessor's run so special: by not only working in 3 issue arcs, but planting seeds to widen the story into epic proportions. It'll be interesting to see how this run and Batman & Robin coincide upon the conclusion of Blackest Night, and that's just assuming all this awesomeness just ties in together. Let's hope.

As for the issue itself, you know the art's fantastic. We also get deeper into the personal life of Dick Grayson (and the love triangle that places him with Oracle and Huntress), and the inclusion of David Hyne's storyline in Arkham Asylum. Connecting all the dots is what makes the Gotham universe so special. It's awfully difficult to do, but the more these dots are connected, the better off Batman family readers will be. We're seeing Huntress in multiple books, Catwoman in multiple books (now with her appearance in this story as well), Two-Face lurking in a few, and Hush has me intrigued the most as Bruce Wayne. He might just have Gotham by the balls.

4.5/5 Bags&Boards - Bad Ass

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

22Batman Empty Re: Batman Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:09 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i have to say this story is an ok read i don't think it is as awesome as some people may think. I am not crazy about the whole mob thing back. it is a little boring to me.

23Batman Empty Re: Batman Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:13 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #693

This was okay. I didn't love it, but I thought it was better than the last issue. I still liked Judd Winick's issues a LOT better.

I do like the art here. It's weird sometimes I hate Daniel's art (like in RIP), sometimes I like it (like last Batman #692) and sometimes I really like it (like BftC and this issue). I really like his Robin here.

24Batman Empty Re: Batman Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:29 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm digging Daniel's run so far. It has a good pace to it. I had a thought about the identity of Black Mask, but I'm holding onto it for now. I like the possible love triangle that could be brewing here as well.

25Batman Empty Re: Batman Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:52 am

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Remember this?

Batman Battle-of-the-cowl-teaserjpg

Have all the "secrets" in this picture been revealed?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum