Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman

+19
Foreigner_Man
jaydee74
TheBrownLantern
alucardbarnivous
Joshua
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Goof
comicgeekelly
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
LordD3r3k
prescribeddrone
Esbat
Batman25JM
blue halo
Debaser77
shiky800
LOOSECANNON
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

alucardbarnivous wrote:Any guesses on who Black Mask is?

Black Glove lol!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

52Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

For awhile I thought it might be Arkham, perhaps he had a psychotic break, but I'm not so sure about that anymore

I thought that for a while as well.

53Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:13 am

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

this book is really good. I'm enjoying the new Batman and Robin duo.
AND I like this new Catgirl, Kitrina...
and this newer character Black Mask, intrigued on his identity
Damian is a interesting new take on a "Robin"
and with the 1st Robin as Batman...i'm enjoying it.
Nightwing is Batman. its new, different
I've been re-reading the arc and its fun

54Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

For awhile I thought it might be Arkham, perhaps he had a psychotic break, but I'm not so sure about that anymore

I thought that for a while as well.

So it's not Arkham? I wonder who it might be?

55Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read the latest issue. It was pretty cool.

56Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:55 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Who's Black Mask?

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

57Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I skimmed it but from what I saw
Spoiler:

58Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:37 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

cool

59Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:59 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the swerve with Catwoman though.

60Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I liked the swerve with Catwoman though.

Yeah, I'm wondering what the hell is going to happen with that? Maybe Selina was going through mommy remorse Wink

61Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was thinking that as well but maybe it's partly to screw over Dick. Do you think she has much respect for him in the role of Batman? I'm not sure she does.

62Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #697

Meh. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. Something just felt off about the issue. I can't explain it.
Spoiler:

I don't know how I feel about Catgirl. It's a little silly, but it could be cool. I HATED her costume though.

Other than the Catgirl costume, I liked the art.

So, was this Daniel's last issue on the book?

63Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:22 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not sure. I don't mind Catgirl. I think it's got possibilities and it seems to be the in thing nowadays to have a sidekick and what else would Catwoman's sidekick be than Catgirl?

64Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:08 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:

Not sure which other Bat-books you've read over the last year or so, but there were a few issues showing him slowly breaking down. Nothing concrete, but it was mostly due to the stress of recent events

65Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:09 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yay, double post!

66Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:57 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:

Not sure which other Bat-books you've read over the last year or so, but there were a few issues showing him slowly breaking down. Nothing concrete, but it was mostly due to the stress of recent events

I don't mind that it being Arkham wasn't a big surprise. I thought it was a great reveal even though we saw it coming. I kind of like the fact that the man who is responsible for the looney bin is now one of them. It's tragic irony.

67Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I don't mind that it being Arkham wasn't a big surprise. I thought it was a great reveal even though we saw it coming. I kind of like the fact that the man who is responsible for the looney bin is now one of them. It's tragic irony.

Yeah, dealing with those kind of people on a daily basis, it has to get to you

68Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I don't mind that it being Arkham wasn't a big surprise. I thought it was a great reveal even though we saw it coming. I kind of like the fact that the man who is responsible for the looney bin is now one of them. It's tragic irony.

Yeah, dealing with those kind of people on a daily basis, it has to get to you
I would imagine so. Look at Harley.

69Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:

I do remember seeing him having a slow breakdown, but there is a difference between stress wearing out and going full on bat shit crazy. I'd like to see some specific event that pushed him over the edge.

70Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

But then the reveal would have been all the more telegraphic. I thought what they did was just enough. It wasn't like some big surprise as to who it was.

71Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:But then the reveal would have been all the more telegraphic. I thought what they did was just enough. It wasn't like some big surprise as to who it was.

I'm not talking about showing the thing that pushed him over the edge prior to the unmasking, I'm talking about dealing with it after the reveal. That way the reveal is still somewhat a surprise (not really), but then we get a good reason for why he did what he did.

72Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:But then the reveal would have been all the more telegraphic. I thought what they did was just enough. It wasn't like some big surprise as to who it was.

I'm not talking about showing the thing that pushed him over the edge prior to the unmasking, I'm talking about dealing with it after the reveal. That way the reveal is still somewhat a surprise (not really), but then we get a good reason for why he did what he did.

You may get that. Who knows? Wasn't there some Arkham special or something?

73Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

You may get that. Who knows? Wasn't there some Arkham special or something?

I'm not sure.

I would like a follow up on this, but I don't know how soon that'll happen. Isn't Daniel done on the book for now.

What I would have liked was if at the end we'd gotten a page or so of Dick's caption boxes talking about how he looked into it and then he'd tell us a little about Arkham's breakdown. Oh well, it wasn't that big of a deal. I think I liked this issue the most out of Daniel's run.

74Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sometimes you just don't get the why of things as much as you would want it. I liked the story overall though and I am curious to see what will happen when Dick discovers Catgirl and he's bound to.

75Batman - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:20 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman #697

Solid finish to what I thought was a pretty brilliant run on Batman--Battle For the Cowl included! The only sin will be Tony Daniel's absence from the book if it goes on too far prolonged. I really don't have anything to add that already hasn't been said. Maybe that's a good thing.

3.5/5 Catgirls - It all just hit me after reading this ish that Dick Grayson is finished...as Batman. There's just no other way around it.

p.s. As a fan of the recent Arkham Asylum mini from David Hine, I don't think the two titles correlate. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm far too lazy to find out.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum