Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman

+19
Foreigner_Man
jaydee74
TheBrownLantern
alucardbarnivous
Joshua
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Goof
comicgeekelly
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
LordD3r3k
prescribeddrone
Esbat
Batman25JM
blue halo
Debaser77
shiky800
LOOSECANNON
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:25 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:
p.s. As a fan of the recent Arkham Asylum mini from David Hine, I don't think the two titles correlate. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm far too lazy to find out.

That's what I was thinking. The Black Mask reveal really didn't make too much sense to me because of stuff that happened in the Asylum mini.

77Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Maybe the two writers didn't discuss future plans.

Or, the mini could be looked at as a great swerve! Either way the reveal makes sense, and I think I would've been more shocked if Lord Derek didn't say anything...haha

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

78Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:07 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sorry.. guilty

Laughing

79Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Note: This is more of a "response" to Dan Philips' review over at IGN.com than an actual review...

Batman #698

This issue reminds me of the time during Last Rites, when Denny O'Neill and Guillem March served as fill-in writer and artist, respectively, just before Neil Gaiman's Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? 2-parter. Only this time, March is a MUCH-improved artist and the coloring certainly reflects the zaniness of Riddler's outfit.

I'm also very compelled by the cliffhanger, and for a few seconds, anyway, I was thinking about Batman's most famous arch-enemy. Then that last word came out of Grayson's mouth and now I have no clue...which makes the issue that much better.

It's good to see what's typically looked at as "fill-in" material equate to something much more.

4/5 Emulated Deaths - Looking forward to Tony's conclusion before Morrison and company's gigantic #700.

80Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #698

I actually really liked this issue. It's no secret that I haven't been a huge fan of Daniel's run, but I thought this issue was great.

I really liked the cover.

I just hope the Riddler lives. He's one of my favorite villains (even if he is reformed).

When does Judd Winick come back?

81Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:16 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This has been my favorite issue of this book since Dick took over as Bats. Everything was kicking a good amount of ass.

82Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:08 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not a bad issue. Though I'm sure the last attack was still just a copycat. And I'm sure the Riddler will be fine

83Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Wed May 12, 2010 9:11 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #699

This issue didn't do much for me. It wasn't bad, but there wasn't much suspense to it. There's also the smaller matter of the Riddler's fate.. Wink

84Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Thu May 13, 2010 9:59 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

^ Yeah, it didn't do much for me either. The story is fine, but the execution is a bit off. I'm a little bummed that the Riddler is taking a heel turn again, because I liked him as a private eye. Daniel just doesn't grab me that much as a writer. He's a hell of an artist, though. It's too bad he didn't draw this issue.

85Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Thu May 13, 2010 7:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:^ Yeah, it didn't do much for me either. The story is fine, but the execution is a bit off. I'm a little bummed that the Riddler is taking a heel turn again, because I liked him as a private eye. Daniel just doesn't grab me that much as a writer. He's a hell of an artist, though. It's too bad he didn't draw this issue.

I've enjoyed Daniels' other writing, but this one like you said, just felt off

86Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Fri May 14, 2010 10:55 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this shorter story. It was a nice story to fit in before issue 700.

87Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Sat May 15, 2010 8:50 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman #699

As if The Return of Bruce Wayne, the debut of Birds of Prey's second volume, and the supreme excellence—not to mention return of Joker—that is Morrison’s Batman & Robin weren’t enough of a distraction, Tony Daniel’s Batman ongoing has to deal with the imminent 700th anniversary issue next month. That means wrapping up “Riddle Me This” ASAP. Despite how convoluted and rushed everything appears in this issue, Daniel doesn’t even bother to conclude the arc. Instead he gives us more, ahem, riddles than answers and it’s not as if the art is good enough to save things either.

If Guillem March’s presence on #698 was met with its share of approvers and doubters (I take more to the former over the latter) that time out, wait until you see Sandu Florea’s transient take on Gotham City’s lower levels. This cute peas-and-corn style works well with the corner of Gotham the Sirens are perched in—hello cheesecake fanaticism—but not in the shadowy mists of Grayson Batman and his vengeance since losing that little boy to the hands of Black Mask’s cronies one cold morning.

Ever since that undying moment Tony Daniel’s take on Dick Grayson’s dark cowl has been superb. And those unparalleled detective skills don’t go to waste in this issue. There’s just an overabundance of tricks, schemes, cons, and clues that boggle what had been up to this point a fantastically-paced title. Meanwhile the repeated interrogations of Firefly, abrasive hocus pocus of Sebastian Blackspell, and Riddler’s ever-gyrating criminal agenda simply wore me down. Hopefully, Daniel will get another chance to resurrect this otherwise promising arc once Morrison does his thing, and, with any luck, draw it too!

3/5 Bags&Boards - Decent.

88Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Sat May 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #699

I didn't hate it. I haven't been enjoying Daniel's run, but I did enjoy the last issue. This one felt a bit rushed, and did not really give a satisfying conclusion. I'm not too thrilled about Riddler's return to the dark side, but whatever. The thing with Blackspell's transformation wasn't my cup of tea either.

89Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Thu May 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Does anybody know when in the hell Winick is coming back to the title? I know they said that he'd be back after Daniel was done, but now Morrison is doing a two issue story. Will Winick be back after that?

90Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:39 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman - Page 4 F1xxsi

91Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:37 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ What is that a solicitation for, after 'The Return of Bruce Wayne'?

92Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:40 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 700 Smile

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=325398

93Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:40 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^Can't wait. yes
Batman25JM wrote:Does anybody know when in the hell Winick is coming back to the title? I know they said that he'd be back after Daniel was done, but now Morrison is doing a two issue story. Will Winick be back after that?
I think he said in an interview that he decided not to go back to the book after he started working on 'Power Girl' and 'JLI:Generation Lost.' Lotta work and he didn't have enough time.

94Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Does anybody know when in the hell Winick is coming back to the title? I know they said that he'd be back after Daniel was done, but now Morrison is doing a two issue story. Will Winick be back after that?
I think he said in an interview that he decided not to go back to the book after he started working on 'Power Girl' and 'JLI:Generation Lost.' Lotta work and he didn't have enough time.

Gods damn it!!!

I love Winick, and I love his Batman. Ugh!

Thanks for the info. Smile

95Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:26 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

# 700 was all kinds of great. Interesting twist on Terry.

96Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:08 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of # 700 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=24357

Didn't much care for it, but if you're a fan of what Morrison's doing with the character, you may get more out of it.

97Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:22 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 700 was pretty cool. I thought the art was great and the story was good, but at times it was kinda hard to follow.

98Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

So Batman Beyond is canon now. Granty sez so so there! I thought that was fabulous. Loved Damian saving the life of baby Terry McGinnis. The overall tone reminded me of an old Tharg's Future Shocks from UK anthology weekly 2000AD or a Doctor Who Monthly strip (both of which Morrison has written for).
Each aspect of each era's Batman, Robin and the Joker (and other supporting cast) was explored thoroughly and Morrison managed to tie into not only TROBW but also B&R too. I loved that the 'Gordon' Damian was talking to was Babs. Was she mentioned in 666?

Typical of Morrison to take the trope of anniversaries and time passing as the theme for this 700 anniversary issue.
The Riddlers repeating clue said it all -
'What can you beat but never defeat?'

Time of course. And that became the narrative thread for not only each tale but the story arc as a whole and the 'murder mystery' subplot.
The Batcave schematics were as enjoyably cheesy as these things always are and the 'posters' were worthy of actually being torn out and stuck on the wall. (best one was the cover).

Excellent anniversary issue.

99Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^Barbara showed up in #666 as commissionar with an additude like Yindel from DKR, if I remember correctly.

Planning to get this issue when I'm in Anchorage, can't wait to read it.

100Batman - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Foreigner_Man wrote:^Barbara showed up in #666 as commissionar with an additude like Yindel from DKR, if I remember correctly.

Planning to get this issue when I'm in Anchorage, can't wait to read it.

Whoops! Sorry for any SPOILERS Batman - Page 4 334450

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum