Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Wonder Woman TV show

+16
Spazzy
Denim
Little_Goblyn
Off_White_Lantern
Aussiemandias
jaydee74
Rath99
Tomer Soiker
BlueMaxx
jestghost
azrael07
prescribeddrone
Foreigner_Man
Combo Mo
Batman25JM
G_Zatara
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1New Wonder Woman TV show Empty New Wonder Woman TV show Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:07 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/10/01/wonder-woman-headed-to-small-screen-once-again/

Very cool!

2New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not the biggest WW fan (I like her, but don't love her), but I'd watch this.

3New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:55 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even though I still want to see a big-screen version...this is AWESOME news !

4New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I'm optimistic..

5New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:49 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I'm not the biggest WW fan (I like her, but don't love her), but I'd watch this.

This.

6New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:30 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i don't understand why it would say "Wonder Woman" or "Diana the Amazon Princess"? confused.

7New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:33 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^
They're not sure if the show will be about Wonder Woman or if it will be similar to Smallville and be about Diana BEFORE she became Wonder Woman.

8New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

I think they should let Lynda Carter have a cameo role in one the episodes.

9New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:04 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:^
They're not sure if the show will be about Wonder Woman or if it will be similar to Smallville and be about Diana BEFORE she became Wonder Woman.
That could be interesting. I imagine she escapes Themyscira and starts a life here in America could be interesting. Closest thing I could get to American Gods. Wink

Hopefully it doesn't become a Birds of Prey fiasco.

10New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:14 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Indeed, Ryan.

I think this would be a great remedy to ache that Smallville itch once it's gone.

11New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

haha thanks for clearing that up. When I wrote it I had no idea how to spell Thyermiscaasdfasd (sp).

12New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order

Oh, good, three seasons detailing the adventures of a pile of clay before it becomes a real girl.

"Hmmm... I like these bracelets Steve -- the new and only boy on the island -- gave me for my birthday!"

"It so, like, amazing that you always wear anything with red-blue-gold color scheme while the common color in all Themyscira is white. I don't imagine it means anything, right...?"

"Good morning, Diana! Would you like me to teach you how to use a lasso?"
"To tell you the truth, I don't feel ready yet..."

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

13New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Please don't let it be like Smallville!!

14New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ It might work out better than the Smallville in that sense. She comes to America because Ares and, later revealed, Circe sets up shop here. With our political climate this could actually touch on real-time commentary with having the freedom of the fiction to not get preachy or touchy.

It'd be a better start than the first 2 seasons of Smallville's Kryptonite mutants. Heh. Wink

15New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^
It also helps they can use the 10 seasons of Smallville to figure out what worked...and what didn't.

16New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want to see WW as WW. Not some emo kid trying to figure out what to do

17New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker

It also helps they can use the 10 seasons of Smallville to figure out what worked...and what didn't.
In other words, just ignore Smallville entirely.

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

18New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:I want to see WW as WW. Not some emo kid trying to figure out what to do
This. I wouldn't mind seeing a touch of Xena in this show. I mean, Xena was basically a live action Wonder Woman in my opinion. I wouldn't mind a season of her preparing to become Wonder Woman and have the last episode of the first season see her win the contest and don the costume and go from there.

19New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:07 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Rath99 wrote:I want to see WW as WW. Not some emo kid trying to figure out what to do
This. I wouldn't mind seeing a touch of Xena in this show. I mean, Xena was basically a live action Wonder Woman in my opinion. I wouldn't mind a season of her preparing to become Wonder Woman and have the last episode of the first season see her win the contest and don the costume and go from there.
Not sure I totally agree with the Xena comparison, I think that would be kind of run-of-the-mill, however....I'd look to the George Perez run on WW for why it could be a brilliant TV show. Personally, I'd start from there and you could use flashbacks to show stuff that happened when she was a youngster/youth (or what led her to coming to man's world).

So you've got a mixture of greek mythology with the modern day, Diana spreading the word of peace as an ambassador, her point of view as completely new to this world (ie. all the stories that can go with learning about this world - stranger in a strange land kind of thing), the rest of the world dealing with her presence and that of the Amazons, a lot of mythology based villains (so a bit different from standard super-hero fare), links to the air force through Steve Trevor, etc. I think there's a huge amount of stuff there that could almost make it better suited to being a tv show than a movie.

20New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do see Xena as sort of a Wonder Woman type character but I wouldn't want a Wonder Woman show that was too much like Xena. I like your ideas though for what a good Wonder Woman show could be and I agree that a Wonder Woman show could work a lot better than a movie.

21New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
In other words, just ignore Smallville entirely.

New Wonder Woman TV show 2vjdjr4

22New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:53 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/01/08/wonder-woman-tv-show-put-on-hold-for-now/

on hiatus

23New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seriously? I'm not surprised but c'mon now! I mean, Wonder Woman is supposed to be the most highly recognized female superhero in mainstream comics and she can't even get a fair shot at a television series. It looks like the CW's Raven show might hit the airwaves before Wonder Woman and that's a damn shame. thumbs down

24New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not surprised at all. With all the cock teases we get like this I half expected this to happen. I'm not really a big WW fan, so I'm not really that upset, but it would have been nice to have another superhero show on TV (though I still want a Green Arrow spin off of Smallville more than anything).

25New Wonder Woman TV show Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. Don't hold your breath on the Green Arrow spin-off. Nothing would make me happier than that but it's not happening. I can't say I'm excited about a Raven series and I don't understand how people wouldn't be excited about a Wonder Woman series done right. It's just a shame.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum