Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Wonder Woman TV show

+16
Spazzy
Denim
Little_Goblyn
Off_White_Lantern
Aussiemandias
jaydee74
Rath99
Tomer Soiker
BlueMaxx
jestghost
azrael07
prescribeddrone
Foreigner_Man
Combo Mo
Batman25JM
G_Zatara
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, the GA spin-off is a dream that I'll never see come to fruition, but oh well.

I really think a Raven series is a stupid idea. I really don't see it lasting more than 13 episodes. There are so many other great characters to use I don't get why they are going with Raven. If they want to go the female route, I'd love a new Birds of Prey series that is actually like the comic. If they only wanted to do it with Dinah and Barbara that'd okay with me (though I do love me some Huntress). I mean, how hard would it be to have Dinah be out fighting crime and Barbara be her eyes and ears? You don't even need to go the superpowers route. I'd also be fine with a solo Black Canary series.

27New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Those would be cool. Not sure how successful Nikita is but there is a show like that. Same with Covert Affairs. A new Birds of Prey show would be awesome. That's why it will never happen although I've been wrong before. Still, I'm bummed that Wonder Woman is on hold. It could be awesome if done right.

28New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:15 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I really hope this is for real but I will wait until its actually being filmed to get excited. Laura Vandervoort was originally brought on Smallville as Supergirl and was told she would have a spinoff after Smallville. Never happened so she went to V. I hope this one gets done.

29New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:Yeah. Don't hold your breath on the Green Arrow spin-off. Nothing would make me happier than that but it's not happening. I can't say I'm excited about a Raven series and I don't understand how people wouldn't be excited about a Wonder Woman series done right. It's just a shame.

Justin Hartley who plays the Green Arrow originally shot a pilot for Aquaman which was supposed to be a Smallville like show. Dont know what the deal was but the pilot was as far as the show went. Real hard to get these shows made.

New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Aquaman_bonusDVD

30New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw that pilot on youtube. I thought it was pretty cool.

31New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw the pilot, and I liked it, but I'm really really glad it went to series because if it had we would never have gotten Hartley as Green Arrow, and he's awesome as GA.

32New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:53 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Just wondering, how is it The Cape and Raven can get their own shows but Wonder Woman (the iconic DC female super hero) can't even get a shot!? WTH!? That's kind of depressing. I really hope the Raven show does good.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

33New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:45 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I seriously don't get that either. I mean, The Cape is crap. I don't know how that ever got on television. If they can put something like that out there why can't they use a well established hero with a dedicated fan base?

34New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh, maybe it's for the best.

Also, Raven'll probably get a pilot that'll only be seen by buying the bootleg copy at conventions or on eBay.

35New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:42 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:Eh, maybe it's for the best.

Also, Raven'll probably get a pilot that'll only be seen by buying the bootleg copy at conventions or on eBay.
It will be another Aquaman lol

36New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Exactly my thoughts.

37New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:29 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Little_Goblyn wrote:Just wondering, how is it The Cape and Raven can get their own shows but Wonder Woman (the iconic DC female super hero) can't even get a shot!? WTH!? That's kind of depressing. I really hope the Raven show does good.

The big characters will always be hard to get a tv show with. The Cape doesnt have anything to gauge the show on like comics and previous incarnations on screen of the character.

38New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

NBC Picks Up David E. Kelley's 'Wonder Woman', Michael Patrick King's Drama

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/nbc-picks-up-david-e-kelleys-wonder-woman-michael-patrick-kings-drama/

39New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scifimediazone/news/?a=29211

Wonder Woman: 5 of 10 Questions Answered About the NBC Pilot
The Futon Critic has had the opportunity to read the pilot script for David Kelley's Wonder Woman, which will potentially be produced by NBC. They've provided a list of 10 answers to burning questions, of which we present five.

1. What's the main thrust of the show?

Meet Diana Themyscira. By night, Diana fights crime as Wonder Woman, a Los Angeles-based superhero. By day, Diana runs Themyscira Industries, which among other things, sells Wonder Woman-related merchandise to fund her crime-fighting efforts. And since the public knows Diana Themyscira is Wonder Woman, she's recently invented a secret identity, Diana Prince (complete with a Clark Kent-esque disguise involving contact lenses, glasses, pulling her hair back and a housecat named Desi), to allow her a more normal perspective on the world.

2. What does the costume look like? The script only details it as "a colorful spandex suit." It won't be the original, iconic costume though (don't worry, she still keeps it hung in her closet). Despite that look being the company's top seller, Diana insists her current outfit is a tad more appropriate.

3. What about her gadgets? The golden lasso of truth is there, as are her bullet reflecting bracelets. In lieu of an invisible plane (or being able to fly), Diana uses various sedan-sized aircrafts, made by BMW no less ("The Ultimate Air Machine").

4. Who's along for the ride? Henry Demeter, the CEO of Themyscira Industries who harbors a crush on her; Myndi Mayer, Diana's press secretary/best friend; Etta Candy, her cheerful secretary; and Captain Ed Indelicato, Diana's contact at the LAPD; are among the prominent roles, as are "The Animals" (Ryan Miller, Austy Lyne, Jennie Weeks), a trio of techs Diana uses for her evidence analysis. And of course there's Steve Trevor, the government agent who crash landed on Themyscira, home of the mythical Amazons; fell in love with one of them, Diana; and brought her back with him to New York. They've since broken up as Diana now operates out of L.A. and Steve is a lawyer for the Justice Department. That's not to say she's over him (or vice-versa).

5. Who's the main villain? Veronica Cale, head of Cale-Anderson Pharmaceuticals, who despite beauty and success that would rival Diana herself, can't stand our heroine and aims to take her down. Her plan: well, let's just say it involves pharmaceuticals.

For the rest of the list, head over to The Futon Critic by following the link.
DISCLAIMER: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct. ComicBookMovie.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal of copyrighted material, contact us HERE.

40New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

For some reason I had a flash back to the Birds of Prey show while reading the answers Suspect

41New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love David E. Kelley, but that sounds AWFUL. I kinda want to throw up a little. Why do they feel the need to mess with WW so much? I'm by no means a huge WW fan, but that is just ridiculous.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total

42New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm glad somebody else said what I've been thinking. That show sounds like absolute SHIT!!!!!!!!!! lame gross thumbs down you're gonna get it murderous outrageous

43New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. Even as a "wait and see" kind of guy that I am, this doesn't sound so great. Here's what stood out to me when it came to who's on board for the ride:

Myndi Mayer, Diana's press secretary/best friend; Etta Candy, her cheerful secretary.

Both characters are actual Wonder Woman characters. Myndi Mayer was Diana's press agent back in the George Perez run and she was a pretty good character. Etta Candy was a Lieutenant in the Air Force or Navy or whatever Armed Force group Steve Trevor was in. I enjoyed her character a lot in the comics so it seems at least they know some of the characters which is cool. Not sure why they are going with this premise though. Eh. I'll still try it out.

44New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Meet Wonder Woman

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1597316/

Tell her I said hi.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

45New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Waves

New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 WonderWoman

46New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know what to think about this. I should be more excited than I am.

47New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember her from Supernatural, she did not have a huge part in the series, so I can't really judge her acting ability.

48New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I honestly love her. She stole my heart in Friday Night Lights

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

49New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Meet Wonder Woman

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1597316/

Tell her I said hi.

Denim wrote:Waves

New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 WonderWoman

wub

Well she looks fantastic but the show still sounds like shit. shake my head

50New Wonder Woman TV show - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wonder Woman TV show Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hmm she doesn't really scream Wonder Woman to me. I guess we'll see how this turns out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum