Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The SNL Thread

+25
Paroxysm
The Ignored One
Mnemosis
shark6495
Spaced4SimonPegg
Batman25JM
ChrisToPhenom
Heytherejeffro
The_Donster
(._Y_.)
Ben Akers
Thundermatts
Denim
Astro13Zombie
Justin
BlueMaxx
Administrator
alucardbarnivous
superdoug
Combo Mo
Esbat
Topcat
Debaser77
Silent K
Metal Misfit
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

76The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

superdoug wrote: 'Cooking Al Fresco' was one of my favorites, but I loved the opening bit with everyone mocking Drew's acting/speaking style.

I'm not a fan of Bobby Moynihan, but for some reason I enjoy his impression of Guy Fieri. The monologue with the Barrymores was pretty funny. And I like the Vinnie Vedici sketch, but it's getting old.

77The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I actually enjoyed most of it. I don't enjoy the Vinnie Verducci skits, but other than that, I found myself laughing pretty often this episode. 'Cooking Al Fresco' was one of my favorites, but I loved the opening bit with everyone mocking Drew's acting/speaking style.
Ya, that is true. Forgot about the opener. Only Kate Hudson had I heard a Drew Barrymore impression, but Wiig's beats all. I'm wondering the relationship between her and Hader ever since I saw Adventureland. Not necessarily romantic (*wink*), but her impressions and characters have gotten better and better.

78The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm actually enjoying the flashback rehearsels this week

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

79The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:32 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I don't remember them doing that before...at least not this season. I enjoyed them, though.

Loved Beauty and The Beast's skit. "Big fat ass." tongue Rolling Eyes I so called Hader when Beast called Lumière's name. Disney seems to be getting alluded to a lot lately in tv, comics (wonder why? Wink ), and other forms of entertainment. Oh, and Wiig did a great Belle, I thought.

80The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:58 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

A lot of worthy chuckles this week. Butler did a much better job than I thought he'd do.

And I must say that new girl, Nasim whatsername, is pretty damn foxy.

81The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:11 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nasim Pedrad
The SNL Thread - Page 4 Nasim
I've seen her before in skits. I honestly can't remember one she was in last night, though.

82The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

She was one of the dancers in "What's Up With That?" and she looked super fine.

83The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

What's up with That? and Beauty and the Beast had me rolling, but an utter lack of Samberg and a Digital Short makes this episode TEH FAIL!

84The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:30 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:What's up with That? and Beauty and the Beast had me rolling, but an utter lack of Samberg and a Digital Short makes this episode TEH FAIL!

disagreed. I thought this whole episode was fantabulous.

85The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:A lot of worthy chuckles this week. Butler did a much better job than I thought he'd do.

And I must say that new girl, Nasim whatsername, is pretty damn foxy.
QFT x 2. Butler surprised me...and Nasim Pedrad is stunning.

Silent K wrote:What's up with That? and Beauty and the Beast had me rolling, but an utter lack of Samberg and a Digital Short makes this episode TEH FAIL!

I still really enjoyed the episode...but I was missing Samberg too. I don't think he was at the show at all...because he wasn't in the goodnights either.

86The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:38 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

And BTW, Taylor Swift can thank Kanye West for her hosting/musical guest spot. That shit wouldn't be happening if he hadn't "let (her) finish".

87The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Silent K wrote:And BTW, Taylor Swift can thank Kanye West for her hosting/musical guest spot. That shit wouldn't be happening if he hadn't "let (her) finish".

I think I know what her monologue will focus on.

88The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:And BTW, Taylor Swift can thank Kanye West for her hosting/musical guest spot. That shit wouldn't be happening if he hadn't "let (her) finish".

Yes and no. Taylor Swift was pretty fuckin' funny when she played Li'l Orphan Annie in that Broadway sketch last year or the year before, and she has a hit single/video...she has as much right to host on those merits as the Jonas Brothers had. Wink

But I can picture a monologue where cast members pretty much interrupt her left and right.

"Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy you're hosting, and I'ma let you finish, but George Carlin had one of the best monologues of all time."

89The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I repeat. She would not be pulling double duty if it were not for Kanye. FACT.

90The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ya. Agreed. Doesn't mean it'll be awful. Musicical artist hostings are usually rough, but some can be surprisingly good.

91The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:10 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So what? They get hosts all the time who're currently hot or have been recently 'scandalized'. I think that's the main criteria for hosting. However she got there, she's there. Doesn't mean that it's going to suck, but you can certainly set your mind for that beforehand, and guarantee it will for you.

The fact still remains that she's a hot property right now, even beyond the Kanye/VMA debacle. She may have Kanye to thank for her hosting gig, but she's been a musical guest before and probably will be again, scandal or no.

92The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

My point being...Kanye may be an asshole...but Taylor Swift benefited from his douchebaggery. More people know Taylor Swift after the "Imma let you finish" incident than before.

She should be thanking him. Smile

93The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I smell a Kanye cameo!

94The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:43 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Sorry, not a huge fan of Samberg Digital Shorts. Mainly because it seems like it is being shoved down out throats every week. Yes, the Samberg-Timberlake stuff was funny, but I am a firm believer that less is more. Why not mix it up a bit and showcase someone else every once in awhile? Honestly, this season has blown me away and I think they need to step up their game a bit. Like TM said, with as many writers as they have the funny should be there.

95The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That "I threw it on the GROUND" short was fucking hilarious a few weeks back. Your opinion is wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

96The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Ya. Agreed. Doesn't mean it'll be awful. Musicical artist hostings are usually rough, but some can be surprisingly good.
I've actually found that musicians usually have excellent episodes. The Brittney episodes were usually quality, as was the Christina Aguilera one. When Justin Timberlake hosts, it's a can't miss.

Come to think of it, could you give me an example of a bad episode by a musician/host?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

97The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Heytherejeffro wrote:That "I threw it on the GROUND" short was fucking hilarious a few weeks back.

That one was great.

I agree that we don't need a Digital Short every week. With the exception of "Threw It On the Ground", this season's shorts have been really weak. I'd rather wait for a really funny one than endure a handful of subpar ones that they felt like they had to do.

I'd love to see "Boombox" from the Incredibad album get made into a Digital Short, if only to see how they would portray the eldrly orgy.

98The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:02 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I'm glad to see you got what I was saying Debaser77 Wink

99The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:41 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Upcoming:

November 7, 2009: Taylor Swift
November 14, 2009: January Jones/The Black Eyed Peas
November 21, 2009: Joseph Gordon Levitt/Dave Matthews Band
December 12, 2009: Seth Green/Bon Jovi

100The SNL Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

It took a brief IMDB search before I figured out who January Jones was. JGL should be interesting, but this season's choices for guests have been pretty blah so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum