Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Smallville' Thread

+42
Bigtymin504
Astro13Zombie
Foreigner_Man
DickGrayson007
G_Zatara
boberthavok
colossus1979
Tom
kidspider2099
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Cliff
Spider_Fan14
Ulik
BlueMaxx
Wonder Woman
shark6495
rwe1138
elijahdprophet
prescribeddrone
Fresh03
Off_White_Lantern
shiky800
Goof
Sandman
superdoug
Nymn
Thundermatts
ChrisToPhenom
Combo Mo
Hannibal king
jaydee74
blue halo
Chi-Town Spidey
Toothgrinder
Airwolf
The_Donster
Batman25JM
Ben Akers
shining knight
Administrator
MillionDollarGeek
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 19]

226The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:So say, I prefer more action less drama- love the JL/JLU cartoon-love every DC DTV DVD.. ect

is season 8 a decent place to start watching this? Do I really need to know any of the drama-rama from Clarks early days? I'm liking the idea of more DC characters being used so I'm considering trying to get into this.

I'd say that you could start watching it at season 8. You may have a few questions, but people on here would be able to answer them.

I don't know if you've seen any episodes from the early seasons, but there are some really cool ones featuring other DC heroes. Justice from season 6 is awesome.

LordD3r3k wrote:I forget what happens in which Seasons, but I think 7 or 8 is when the show started to pick back up.

IMO, season 8 is when the show really picked back up. Season 5 was great, but overall seasons 6 and 7 were mediocre, but season 8 was awesome and season 9 has been beyond awesome.

227The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:56 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cool, I'll do that. I seen a few parts with Doomsday and that convinced me that this wasn't mainly just a Clark Kent drama that I assumed it was. But yeah, I'll check out season 8 and 9.

I want the more superheroy stuff and less of the "Lana, I love you" stuff. How many episodes did Geoff write? I bet that those are good.

228The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Geoff Johns has written 2 episodes so far. He wrote the season 8 episode Legion and the season 9 episode/movie Absolute Justice.

229The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Gil-bellows-1-sized

In Episode #19-"Charade"...Gil Bellows (Ally McBeal) will debut in a possible recurring role as:
Spoiler:

230The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:23 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

so im watching season 5 and am loving the random nods to past shows. Love the dukes of hazard nods.....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

231The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:04 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Wrapped up Absolute Justice yesterday and was less impressed with that episode compared to the LOSH one John's wrote. Just seemed a little too cheesy and one hour too much. Not to mention it broke up the Kandorian arch and didn't make much sense. Also, wasn't Clark supposed to be doing it right when it came to them? Seems like if anything, he's alienating them worse this time. Of course I am a few episodes behind and that might have changed by now. It might be just me, but it seems that Smallville has lost it's charm. How can they expect to go on for another season? Give Ollie his spinoff show and end the show is my vote.

232The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

shark6495 wrote:so im watching season 5 and am loving the random nods to past shows. Love the dukes of hazard nods.....

I LOVED that part! *climbing out of the window* "What? the door is jammed!"

233The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Got a chance to watch Smallville for the 1st time in years.
Absolutely LOVED it, as did my wife and oldest daughter.
Feel the need to rent all the seasons since I've missed about 4 complete ones.

234The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:54 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Depends on the seasons Tom tongue

235The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Wrapped up Absolute Justice yesterday and was less impressed with that episode compared to the LOSH one John's wrote. Just seemed a little too cheesy and one hour too much. Not to mention it broke up the Kandorian arch and didn't make much sense. Also, wasn't Clark supposed to be doing it right when it came to them? Seems like if anything, he's alienating them worse this time. Of course I am a few episodes behind and that might have changed by now. It might be just me, but it seems that Smallville has lost it's charm. How can they expect to go on for another season? Give Ollie his spinoff show and end the show is my vote.
Yeah, I haven't watched Smallville recently except the AJ ep, but why'd they put in Kandor in the show just as it was recently finished in the comics? That's just waaay too far out of his timeline. Maybe AJ would've been better as two seperate episodes.

236The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:08 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Yeah, I haven't watched Smallville recently except the AJ ep, but why'd they put in Kandor in the show just as it was recently finished in the comics? That's just waaay too far out of his timeline. Maybe AJ would've been better as two seperate episodes.

Many things could be considered "waay too far out of his timeline". Hello, Doomsday anyone? The show isn't a direct adaptation. I say just enjoy it while it lasts

237The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed Conspiracy. I can't wait to see what happens next with Zod and Clark.

The_Donster wrote:Depends on the seasons Tom tongue

I'd agree, but I'd say that seasons 8 and 9 have both been awesome.

238The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:20 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

When watching this show I just assume that this is a separate earth superman. In doing that I enjoy the show for what it is. Superboy/man living in 2010.

239The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:When watching this show I just assume that this is a separate earth superman. In doing that I enjoy the show for what it is. Superboy/man living in 2010.

Exactly

240The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:When watching this show I just assume that this is a separate earth superman. In doing that I enjoy the show for what it is. Superboy/man living in 2010.

That's how I've been watching this show since the beginning. It has it's own origins and it's separate from the comics so why should it follow the Superman origin? I like what Smallville has done and I like it mostly because it's different than the comics.

241The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:56 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

agreed. Its not like they basterdized the origin story. Clark still grows up in smallville. Still has high school friends.

242The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Smallville is renewed for a 10th season:

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/smallville-season-10-confirmed-100304.html

243The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

this is awesome

244The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:02 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

dumb question any word on when season 9 will be released to dvd?

245The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I haven't heard anything definitive, but in the past Smallville's seasons have been released in the last week of August or the first week or two of September (so somewhere between August 25 and September 14).

246The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:11 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I am now in the process of watching season 6 for the first time. Justice.... my goodness what an awesome episode.... the boy scout is out of the woods....

247The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:20 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:Yeah, I haven't watched Smallville recently except the AJ ep, but why'd they put in Kandor in the show just as it was recently finished in the comics? That's just waaay too far out of his timeline. Maybe AJ would've been better as two seperate episodes.

Many things could be considered "waay too far out of his timeline". Hello, Doomsday anyone? The show isn't a direct adaptation. I say just enjoy it while it lasts
I didn't mean that, I meant that it feels like they're just using a recent comic storyline for a season plot instead of something alittle bit more past. It's like when Secret Invasion had Wasp killed off around the same time Ultimate her died in Ultimatum or when the X-Men temporary disbanded after Ultimate X-Men had a story of temp disbanding too. Just feels too close realted or something.

248The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:12 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:I didn't mean that, I meant that it feels like they're just using a recent comic storyline for a season plot instead of something alittle bit more past. It's like when Secret Invasion had Wasp killed off around the same time Ultimate her died in Ultimatum or when the X-Men temporary disbanded after Ultimate X-Men had a story of temp disbanding too. Just feels too close realted or something.

Ah I gotcha. I think if something turned out to be popular in the comics, then it makes sense for them to try it in the show. TV has a limited lifespan, might as well try to get in the best stories while you can.

249The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

yea agreed. Why waste time hoping to use this the kickass story if the show gets canceled....

250The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually, I believe Smallville had inklings of bringing in Kandor before the comics. In season 8 I believe when we see the return of Kara, she leaves because she had heard rumors that Kandor might still be around. I think this was set up before the events in the comics but in any event, it's a good story and I love the guy who is played Major Zod and in the end that's all that matters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum