Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS

+39
colossus1979
JonSpangler
Paroxysm
Denim
Joshua
Aussiemandias
Spaced4SimonPegg
G_Zatara
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Rath99
fullmetalgamer
CherriesJubilee
SexyToaster
Demonweasel
Tripper McGee
Que
elijahdprophet
dmahoney
Sandman
alucardbarnivous
MillionDollarGeek
(._Y_.)
DickGrayson007
Fresh03
comicgeekelly
Chi-Town Spidey
Batman25JM
Lord PaulVincent
ChrisToPhenom
TENIME_art
Topcat
Thundermatts
Janson
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Silent K
Justin
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 37]

901Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Tue May 25, 2010 9:30 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For the ending there is the definite ending there that most people are accepting, including myself. I also think that if you look deep enough into it I'm sure you could draw other conclusions out of it.

One thing that I was just thinking about was the bomb at the end of the fifth season. At the beginning of the sixth season we thought that the flash sideways universe was caused by the bomb and now we know that isn't true. Other than stopping the magnetic pull of that pocket of energy in the island did the bomb do anything?

902Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Tue May 25, 2010 9:36 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Blue, pretty sure what Ten was "giving up" about was trying to get boobs to accept that the ending was cut and dry.

I accept the ending. I was just saying it could be the other way. I don't think it is, but it could be.

903Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Tue May 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:For the ending there is the definite ending there that most people are accepting, including myself. I also think that if you look deep enough into it I'm sure you could draw other conclusions out of it.

One thing that I was just thinking about was the bomb at the end of the fifth season. At the beginning of the sixth season we thought that the flash sideways universe was caused by the bomb and now we know that isn't true. Other than stopping the magnetic pull of that pocket of energy in the island did the bomb do anything?

The bomb created "The Incident". that's my view on it. It was exactly as Miles said that season, what if the bmb is the cause instead of the solution.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

904Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Tue May 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

So what does everyone think about the possible LOST Movie? the only way i can see it being done if it was a movie about the Island, Jacob & MIB. If it was more about thier past and the island it could work with out messing around with the finale. The movie could end with the plane going down.

905Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Tue May 25, 2010 10:27 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Nah. No need to play anything else out.

Denim wrote:
The bomb created "The Incident". that's my view on it. It was exactly as Miles said that season, what if the bmb is the cause instead of the solution.
Yea. Wasn't its jamming of the magnetism the reason for The Hatch and the need for the release of said magnetic energy? Then that major release, after being built up, led to everything happening, namely Desmond being a variable/constant, which played apart for everyone.

I can understand why people thought it created the sideways as an alternate timeline--I thought that--but it just seemed to be a red herring of sorts to that scenario of The Waiting Room. Pretty clever.

906Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Wed May 26, 2010 3:38 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

If you're ready to start all over again...
http://www.lostfromthestart.com/

The guy watches the show from the beginning and gives notes about the questions/mysteries that were answered by the finale. There's also a body count for each episode and "Jears Count" (Jack tears). I thought Superman was a crybaby...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

907Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Wed May 26, 2010 8:50 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Nah. No need to play anything else out.

Denim wrote:
Yea. Wasn't its jamming of the magnetism the reason for The Hatch and the need for the release of said magnetic energy? Then that major release, after being built up, led to everything happening, namely Desmond being a variable/constant, which played apart for everyone.

I can understand why people thought it created the sideways as an alternate timeline--I thought that--but it just seemed to be a red herring of sorts to that scenario of The Waiting Room. Pretty clever.

See, I don't think it was clever. I think if they hadn't shown a sunken island in the flash sideways it MIGHT have been clever.

There is a difference between a red herring and a plot twist in the final moments. We were presented a ton of (circumstantial sure but still) evidence that this was a divergent timeline where things were different, seemingly from the point of the bomb going off in the 70s. It seems less like a red herring and more like a "ha ha you fucks! You thought you were clever and had it figured out, well here is what it really was all along, ignore the inconsistencies!" There is a lot in the flash sideways that doesn't make sense in the context of it not being a 'real' universe.

908Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Wed May 26, 2010 12:23 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ABC clarifies Lost's last images
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
BY MARIA-ELENA FERNANDEZ
Wire Service
LOS ANGELES TIMES
“Lost” may have left us with many mysteries to unravel after its series finale on Sunday night, but one of them was accidental.

The last episode concluded with the image of lead character Jack Shephard’s eye closing — an echo of the series’ very first scene, in which Shephard opens his eyes after surviving a plane crash. But after the final “Lost” logo appeared on the TV screen, images ran alongside the credits of the wrecked plane that started it all. Some “Lost” fans and TV critics were left wondering if these images were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to suggest that no one survived Oceanic 815’s crash landing — and therefore everything we’ve seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were added by the network — and not producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse — to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news. The network never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

“The images shown during the end credits of the ’Lost’ finale — which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach — were not part of the episode, but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news,” an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

In other words, don’t read more into it, even though for six years that’s all “Lost” fans have done with the series’ embedded nods to literature, science, art and philosophy and the many pause-your-DVR moments and multiple viewings that some episodes have demanded. Lindelof and Cuse, who have said they will not do interviews about the finale, declined to comment.

“Lost” fans may continue to debate elements of the show’s mythology for years to come, but this particular mystery has been solved: As Jack’s father, Christian, explained in the episode, Jack was dead and everyone else in the church was too. The sideways flashes woven through Season 6, then, were a step in everyone’s afterlives, a way to re-connect before moving on permanently.

Love or hate it, that’s the final answer.
“Lost” may have left us with many mysteries to unravel after its series finale on Sunday night, but one of them was accidental.

The last episode concluded with the image of lead character Jack Shephard’s eye closing — an echo of the series’ very first scene, in which Shephard opens his eyes after surviving a plane crash. But after the final “Lost” logo appeared on the TV screen, images ran alongside the credits of the wrecked plane that started it all. Some “Lost” fans and TV critics were left wondering if these images were a last Easter egg from the producers, a clue meant to suggest that no one survived Oceanic 815’s crash landing — and therefore everything we’ve seen over the last six years never really happened.

Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were added by the network — and not producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse — to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news. The network never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

“The images shown during the end credits of the ’Lost’ finale — which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach — were not part of the episode, but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news,” an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

In other words, don’t read more into it, even though for six years that’s all “Lost” fans have done with the series’ embedded nods to literature, science, art and philosophy and the many pause-your-DVR moments and multiple viewings that some episodes have demanded. Lindelof and Cuse, who have said they will not do interviews about the finale, declined to comment.

“Lost” fans may continue to debate elements of the show’s mythology for years to come, but this particular mystery has been solved: As Jack’s father, Christian, explained in the episode, Jack was dead and everyone else in the church was too. The sideways flashes woven through Season 6, then, were a step in everyone’s afterlives, a way to re-connect before moving on permanently.

Love or hate it, that’s the final answer.

909Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu May 27, 2010 11:02 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched the last episode which was aired here last night and have to say I absolutely loved it. I was very satisfied with the ending and there were some scenes that had me pretty choked up not least of which was the Charlie and Clare reunion which really got to me for some reason.

I just found the whole thing left me with a good feeling touched with sadness. For me, I don't really care about whether there are mysteries left unsolved (and I actually hoped that's how things would end anyway - it's perfect for the spirit of this series not to give all the answers) it was the journey of these characters that I enjoyed.

A couple of quick thoughts (may discuss more later) neither of which are serious:

- This is now wide open for a Hurley, Ben and Desmond series depicting the crazy antics and hi-jinx these three get up to on the island when left to themselves. Ocassionally guest starring Rose and Bernard.

- There's no way I would have gotten on that plane. My guess is those guys were dead at the bottom of the ocean even before Jack died!!!

910Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Fri May 28, 2010 4:29 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

911Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:07 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Clip from "New Man in Charge", the Hurley/Ben epilogue available on the Season 6 and Complete Collection BRD/DVDs!

http://www.mania.com/lost-epilogue-clip-online_article_124502.html

912Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I miss Lost. I miss Ben.
Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 2wn027d

913Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Me too. I also miss coming up with various theories as to what's going on that are later nearly always proved to be incorrect.

Crying or Very sad

914Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:33 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Haha! YES! I always felt like I knew what was coming, "I'm...I'm figuring it out...aw, fail. DAMNIT! YOU ARE NOT SMARTER THAN ME, SHOW!" Then I'd cry. Just a little.
Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 4627704868_ac9f168d47_b

915Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:58 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

Got the Complete set on Blu today.

The thing is HUGE. Lots of little easter eggs on and in the packaging. I dont know when I will be able to start rewatching but Im looking forward to it.

916Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 37 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:00 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait for it. I know what I'm asking for for Christmas! *rubs hands* Mwhahaha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum