Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat

+11
potatojoe
MillionDollarGeek
jester
Kearstin
Joshua
blue halo
BlueMaxx
Astro13Zombie
prescribeddrone
Debaser77
Lee
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:10 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Read on.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

2PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Just added it to my queue. That's an impressive cast.

3PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:37 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never heard of this prior to somebody posting about it on a message board about a month ago, but it does look like a pretty good movie.

4PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HOLY SHIT!FINALLY!
I will go buy this now.

5PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was going to watch this tonight.

6PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

prescribeddrone wrote:I never heard of this prior to somebody posting about it on a message board about a month ago, but it does look like a pretty good movie.
That was me, and that was last week. You're welcome.

7PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:07 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

"ǝsɐǝ1ǝɹ" sʇı ǝɹoɟǝq sʎɐp ʍǝɟ ɐ ʇı ʍɐs ı ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ ʞ1ɐʇ ʇ,uoʍ ǝʍ

8PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved it.
wub wub wub

9PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:17 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Despite the fact that I may not sleep for a couple days, I finally gave in and put this at the top of my Netflix queue. My rationale is that while I'm not a fan of horror, I tend to dig on Halloween-themed movies, and I've been interested in Trick 'r Treat since I first saw the trailer a couple of years ago.

Of course, I'll have to watch it in the daylight with all of the lights on.

10PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:39 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:Despite the fact that I may not sleep for a couple days, I finally gave in and put this at the top of my Netflix queue. My rationale is that while I'm not a fan of horror, I tend to dig on Halloween-themed movies, and I've been interested in Trick 'r Treat since I first saw the trailer a couple of years ago.

Of course, I'll have to watch it in the daylight with all of the lights on.
Not to get all uber-geeky, but the color palette on this flick really lends itself to a lights-off viewing. You should sooo go for it with the lights off and the curtains drawn.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

11PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not happening. It's a miracle that I'm even watching it at all.

12PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:36 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great film. Everyone should experience this film for at least one go through. And I mean that for the non-horror fans out there. Fans of the genre, or ones that needed a good Halloween movie, this is definitely for you.

13PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

Just watched it last night. This movie was amazing. I had no idea it was DC Comic affiliated. This will definitely be a cult classic QUICK. I liked the cast, too, except for whats-her-nuts... Anna Paquin. Epic fail. As always.

http://www.1womanshow.com

14PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:36 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Just watched it last night, too.

I thought Paquin's segment was okay. I get what you mean, though. I kept thinking of The Darkness, which I have yet to finish, and she was pretty bad in that. Although, out of all the segments of the stories, the one tweak would have been the
Spoiler:

15PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

I agree. That actor plays ridiculously awesome... and creepy!

16PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I forget the guys name..."Doc Connors". He's usually good in everything he does. He has a really expressive face, and that probably helps.

But ya, Sam's and Mr. Kreeg's (Stryker). The fire place's reveal had me literally mouth-agaped with a gasp.

17PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:09 pm

jester

jester
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

lol It is going to take forever to get off of netflix if we all keep adding it to our queues

18PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I forget the guys name..."Doc Connors". He's usually good in everything he does. He has a really expressive face, and that probably helps.

But ya, Sam's and Mr. Kreeg's (Stryker). The fire place's reveal had me literally mouth-agaped with a gasp.
Dylan Baker and Bryan Cox, respectively.

19PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Great actors. You seen it yet, Josh?

20PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:37 am

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

jester wrote:lol It is going to take forever to get off of netflix if we all keep adding it to our queues
lol DEFINITELY.

21PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Netflix wait looks pretty unbearable, so while doing some light grocery shopping I stopped by a Blockbuster (for the first time in years) to test the fates and try to rent this at 7:00 on a Friday night. No dice. When I look for something and can't find it, it only fuels my desire to succeed, so I tried a Red Box for the first time and you know what I discovered? Red Box kind of blows. I may call some other local Blockbusters after I've had some dinner, but for now I'm sucking on the taste of defeat.

22PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:20 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do you have On Demand? It's on there, for what I think is a 2-day rental. $3.99.

Iz gud.

23PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't do cable or satellite.

24PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:39 pm

jester

jester
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Lol on netflix.. Very long wait.

25PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Empty Re: PoP! Review: Trick 'r Treat Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mine just upgraded from very long wait to short wait! Maybe I'll have it by the end of the month. big grin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum