Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Take That! New York state Department of Health

+2
Rath99
Gojiratoho
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So a few months ago the head of the NYS DOH (Comm. Richard Daines) decided that H1N1 was a threat to public health and mandated that every healthcare worker be vaccinated for seasonal and H1N1. There was quite a bit of shadiness involved.

Daines pushed this through State Senate as an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) so there was no vote for the measure, despite opposition.

The pharmaceutical companies were granted immunity to repercussions of the vaccine in NYS, so if an entire batch ended up killing people, Big Pharma was in the clear of any wrongdoing.

The timetable for the H1N1 vaccine was shorter than normal, though assurances were put out about it being just as rigorously tested as normal seasonal flu.

NYS forced the mandate on all hospitals and basically said "You need to be 100% compliant with this. You can police it as you see fit, but you'll be fined for every healthcare employee no vaccinated." Almost every hospital took that to mean get your staff vaccinated or fire them. Almost all hospitals extended this from just their healthcare workers (nurses, doctors, what-have-you) to all employees (including guys like me, who have zero contact and don't even work in the main hospital building).

Daines, a doctor himself, was asked in an interview if he would be willing to get a dose of the H1N1 vaccine said there was no reason for him to get one now (a.k.a. the initial batch) as he had no direct patient contact. If he had patient contact he would get it, and would be encouraging his family and friends to get it when it was available to the general public. Seriously? One shot to help spearhead your campaign and you refuse?

Well, the move by the DOH and the subsequent reaction by hospitals spawned at least 3 lawsuits (2 of them against Comm. Daines specifically), with more in the wings.

This morning,
the State dropped the mandate.

I feel that flu shots should be available for anyone that wants to get one, but should not be forced on you (especially given their success rate and the fact that they aren't vaccinations in the true sense, like say for polio or smallpox). Now I'm going to do the "neener neener neener" dance in the DOH's general direction.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:So a few months ago the head of the NYS DOH (Comm. Richard Daines) decided that H1N1 was a threat to public health and mandated that every healthcare worker be vaccinated for seasonal and H1N1. There was quite a bit of shadiness involved.

Daines pushed this through State Senate as an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) so there was no vote for the measure, despite opposition.

The pharmaceutical companies were granted immunity to repercussions of the vaccine in NYS, so if an entire batch ended up killing people, Big Pharma was in the clear of any wrongdoing.

The timetable for the H1N1 vaccine was shorter than normal, though assurances were put out about it being just as rigorously tested as normal seasonal flu.

NYS forced the mandate on all hospitals and basically said "You need to be 100% compliant with this. You can police it as you see fit, but you'll be fined for every healthcare employee no vaccinated." Almost every hospital took that to mean get your staff vaccinated or fire them. Almost all hospitals extended this from just their healthcare workers (nurses, doctors, what-have-you) to all employees (including guys like me, who have zero contact and don't even work in the main hospital building).

Daines, a doctor himself, was asked in an interview if he would be willing to get a dose of the H1N1 vaccine said there was no reason for him to get one now (a.k.a. the initial batch) as he had no direct patient contact. If he had patient contact he would get it, and would be encouraging his family and friends to get it when it was available to the general public. Seriously? One shot to help spearhead your campaign and you refuse?

Well, the move by the DOH and the subsequent reaction by hospitals spawned at least 3 lawsuits (2 of them against Comm. Daines specifically), with more in the wings.

This morning,
the State dropped the mandate.

I feel that flu shots should be available for anyone that wants to get one, but should not be forced on you (especially given their success rate and the fact that they aren't vaccinations in the true sense, like say for polio or smallpox). Now I'm going to do the "neener neener neener" dance in the DOH's general direction.

Good for you.

I used to work for Big Pharma. You never want to be the first unless you really have to. I've never taken a flu shot. I've never seen the need for it, personally. I understand why the elderly and those at risk get them.

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

That kind of stuff boggles my mind. It just.........ah forget it. Glad you didn't have to get one Dave.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

You sure as hell don't want to have to walk backwards. That shit is fucked up.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not sure about the H1M1 vaccine because it is throught the nasal passage, but I don't want mercury, formaldehyde or aluminum in my system like the original vaccine.

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The flu shot thing freaks me out. Reminds me of GeneCo propaganda.

Take That! New York state Department of Health Poster2

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ hmm You know, I don't really need my whole liver. unsure

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum