Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 17]

101The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Absorbing Man seems more likely than Skurge, but I don't know. I will say that, like GL, the more this gains steam, the more excited I get, even with my lack of knowledge of the two mythoses.

102The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Absorbing Man seems more likely than Skurge, but I don't know. I will say that, like GL, the more this gains steam, the more excited I get, even with my lack of knowledge of the two mythoses.
I'd say Absorbing Man is more unlikely because he's more of a major name villain and I doubt they'll be able to develop him AND Loki in the first film. Plus, Skurge is an Asgardian villain while Absorbing Man is an Earth-based villain...just seems more logical to me that Thor has more of his battles in Asgard with Asgardian foes in the first film than he does on Earth.

But who knows, I could be wrong. Maybe the reason they're not telling is because it is a big name villain like Absorbing Man. huh

103The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd be disappointed if they used any villains outside of the scope of the Norse mythology.

104The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:39 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Wasn't Loki the one that imbued Creel with magic so that he could absorb? Thor's first contact with Middle Earth to protect mankind and he is confronted by an opposition of himself, a human that can and wants to topple gods. But, they may be reluctant because of the whole Hulk movie thing.

105The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Middle Earth, eh? Wink

106The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Wasn't Loki the one that imbued Creel with magic so that he could absorb? Thor's first contact with Middle Earth to protect mankind and he is confronted by an opposition of himself, a human that can and wants to topple gods. But, they may be reluctant because of the whole Hulk movie thing.
Yeah Creel was imbued by Loki, but something just tells me they will go with a more generic (if you will) side villain for the first film. I could definitely see that in a potential Thor movie sequel though. Like after Loki is defeated in this film, he uses Creel the next time around.

107The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I would assume Loki would use someone like Creel and maybe throw in Titania (Have to skew her origin a bit, maybe. Unless they bring in The Beyonder, which could be a fantastic 3rd movie. I'd think that'd be Ragnarok for the 3rd, maybe.). Anyways, I picture the sequel being The Wrecking Crew, easy. Maybe throw in some other stuff.

108The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:04 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Middle Earth, eh? Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

109The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I don't get it?

110The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:08 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the Asgardians refer to Earth as MIDGARD, not middle earth. Laughing

111The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I would assume Loki would use someone like Creel and maybe throw in Titania (Have to skew her origin a bit, maybe. Unless they bring in The Beyonder, which could be a fantastic 3rd movie. I'd think that'd be Ragnarok for the 3rd, maybe.). Anyways, I picture the sequel being The Wrecking Crew, easy. Maybe throw in some other stuff.

^Time will tell I guess. Wink

Oh and I really like that idea of Ragnarok for the third film, assuming this warrants its own franchise (which I think it will). But the way these Marvel Studios films are being arranged, the traditional sequel structure with the trilogy format is kind of up in the air. Like will there be an Iron Man 3 before or after The Avengers film in 2012, or will The Avengers just constitute as a pseudo-IM3?

112The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:26 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still say for the Avengers, they should do a trilogy.

Avengers. ("Classic" story.)

Avengers: Civil War. (Steve dies at the end.)

Avengers: Secret Invasion. (Who doesn't want to hear Samuel L. Jackson say "Yeah? Well my god has a hammer"!?)

Laughing

And, I guess if they wanted to, they could end A:SI with Cap Reborn or whatever stupid shit they pulled in the comics to bring him back. Rolling Eyes

113The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I like both of your guys' ideas. I think each series could carry their own weight.

(How did Cap come back? Is he back? ...haven't been into current Marvel stuff for about a half a year.)

114The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:the Asgardians refer to Earth as MIDGARD, not middle earth. Laughing
This.

Though I love the idea of Thor stomping around Mordor and then heading to the Green Dragon for a pint. tongue

115The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:33 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
supervenom wrote:the Asgardians refer to Earth as MIDGARD, not middle earth. Laughing
This.

Though I love the idea of Thor stomping around Mordor and then heading to the Green Dragon for a pint. tongue
Laughing Laughing Laughing

116The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:17 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

middle earth? Midgard?
That is so funny?

117The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:17 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

ha

118The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:
Joshua wrote:
This.

I never said that is what the Asgardians call our plane of existence. "Earth" is all encompassing when it comes the layers of worlds in the Norse's creation story. Now, I don't know Marvel's Thor that well and how it has taken the mythology, but you guys realize that Middle Earth is a Norse mythological concept, right, and not just a Tolkien creation? It is English's "Midgard". Sorry for me being so hilarious with my...logic.

119The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:15 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Please, please, please don't bring Civil War, Secret Invasion or any big event from the comics to the movie universe. Be original. Thanks in advance, Marvel.

(If they do want to adapt existing stories, Marvel should take example from DC/WB and make them into direct-to-DVD animated films.)

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

120The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:26 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Please, please, please don't bring Civil War, Secret Invasion or any big event from the comics to the movie universe. Be original. Thanks in advance, Marvel.
Agreed.

Tomer Soiker wrote:(If they do want to adapt existing stories, Marvel should take example from DC/WB and make them into direct-to-DVD animated films.)
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 UltimateavengersdvdcoverThe Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Planet-hulk-20091009003124657

121The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
supervenom wrote:
Joshua wrote:
This.

I never said that is what the Asgardians call our plane of existence. "Earth" is all encompassing when it comes the layers of worlds in the Norse's creation story. Now, I don't know Marvel's Thor that well and how it has taken the mythology, but you guys realize that Middle Earth is a Norse mythological concept, right, and not just a Tolkien creation? It is English's "Midgard". Sorry for me being so hilarious with my...logic.
Oh I know, most of Tolkien's writing is rooted in Norse mythology. It's just that Middle Earth tends to be more synonymous with Tolkien's Middle Earth, not the traditional Norse take, so to see a mention of Thor hopping around Middle Earth tends to conjure a picture of hobbits and orcs in my head and I thought it was a funny mash-up. No need to be so fussy.

122The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thor is easily one of my least favorite superheroes, and I was very disappointed when it was revealed to be a movie Marvel Studios was working on, I would have preffered a better character (IMO) to get a movie long before Thor did. That being said, the cast is awesome, the director is awesome, and this just may be the thing that turns me into a Thor fan.

123The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:25 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ You know, I love mythology, but for some reason, I've skipped out on Thor and Wonder Woman, these big characters of each publisher--but I'm really pumped for the movie. Hopefully movies. *crosses fingers for WW*

I'm actually really surprised there hasn't been a feature film about Norse mythology's Thor yet. Not Marvel, but the actual myth.

Joshua wrote: No need to be so fussy.
Didn't mean to seem that way.

124The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm with you, I loooove mythology. (Though, admittedly, I'm most knowledgeable about Greek and Egyption.) I too haven't got into the more myth heavy superheroes.

125The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I used to be in a similar boat as you guys. While I dug Norse mythology (and maybe because I dug Norse mythology) I hated the idea of Thor as a Marvel super-hero. It never made sense to me for a Norse god to be fighting super-villains in New York. Of course, this was an assumption I made before actually reading Thor. After reading a few Thor stories I realized that a lot of the comic books keep things completely off of Earth. Because so many of the Marvel stories don't read as super-hero books, but rather as rich mythological stories, Thor has become my favorite Marvel character. If y'all are even mildly curious in him, I'd check out any of the following stories:

-Everything written by Walt Simonson
-Spiral
-The Reigning
-Gods and Men
-Ragnarok/Thor Disassembled
-Thor: Blood Oath
-Thor: Godstorm
-Loki
-Thor: Ages of Thunder
-Straczynski's Thor

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 17]