Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 17]

126The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Thor's history has in recent years gotten allot easier to understand thanks to Matt Fraction's series of one shots, never imagined I'd be saying thank you to Matt Fraction, that explored the character's mythology within the confines of the Marvel Universe and what led to him winding up on Earth, where everything prior to the breaking of the Ragnarok cycle took place within the realm of Norse Mythology. That and JMS' run on Thor was an abolutely incredible character study on the why's and how's of Thor's/the Norse God's in general's most recent reincarnations.

Wonder Woman, despite some great work by Gail Simone and Greg Rucka, remains a bit of a myranise knot, as I learned again today, lol, while she does have an origin in place allot of it is still fairly murky about what does and doesn't apply to the modern Wonder Woman, just go read Gail's Wonder of Wonders blog over on CBR to see what I mean.

127The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Loki is excellent.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

128The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That looked good to me.

Joshua wrote:
-Ragnarok/Thor Disassembled
-Thor: Blood Oath
-Thor: Godstorm
-Loki
-Straczynski's Thor
These trades have been almost bought a couple times, but so have a bunch of titles that I've never given a chance. Love Straczynski, though.

Oddly, through a friend, I've read Stormbreaker, featuring Beta Ray Bill, because my friend knew I like Silver Surfer a little, and it was really cool. Norin isn't in the story, but the fact that it's in The Surfer's main stomping grounds, which is basically anywhere but Earth. Heh.

Anyone vouch for Thor: Vikings? It's a Marvel MAX title.

129The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never read it. I like Garth Ennis, but wasn't sure how suited he was for Thor.

130The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great to see so many Thor fans, and potential Thor fans, here. Smile

131The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:54 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I love Thor: Vikings but it's more of a Ennis story than a Thor one. Think of it as Nordic warriors vs. zombie Vikings.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

132The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hrm. I figured something of the sorts. He just wanted the reality of vikings in the book, rather than adding to the mythos of Marvel's Thor. Heh. Sounds like Ennis.

133The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:10 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, Josh, which is the one Olivier Coipel drew? I wanna read that one.

134The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Hey, Josh, which is the one Olivier Coipel drew? I wanna read that one.
He drew all of them. whistle

135The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:42 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Loki is excellent.
I second that. Wink

136The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige on upcoming films:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=9019

"It's fun now, and we're introducing some new characters in ['Iron Man 2'], but it's not about just cramming in lots of new people; that's sort of the cardinal sin of the sequel - adding in too many characters. This is totally Tony Stark's story. And that's gonna weave into Thor's story, and Steve Rogers' story, and it's already ingrained with Nick Fury's story and an organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D."

He says that it is important to first focus on each character.

"My only concern is that when we launch a franchise--whichever character's franchise that may be--it should stand on its own two feet... So by the time 'The Avengers' comes in 2012, it's not just a team superhero movie with a bunch of characters with powers. It's three people - four including the Hulk; five including Nick Fury - who you've seen before in other movies, coming together for the very first time."

Feige was asked it will be difficult to meld the fantasy of Thor with the high-tech science fiction in Iron Man and The Avengers.

"No, because we're doing the Jack Kirby/Stan Lee/Walt Simonson/J. Michael Straczynski 'Thor.' We're not doing the blow-the-dust-off-of-the-old-Norse-book-in-your-library 'Thor.' And in the 'Thor' of the Marvel Universe, there's a race called the Asgardians. And we're linked through this Tree of Life that we're unaware of. It's real science, but we don't know about it yet. The 'Thor' movie is about teaching people that."

The magazine asked Feige what other characters may come to the big screen after The Avengers.

"I love Doctor Strange. Ant-Man is like Whiplash - one of those chracters where you're like, 'Really?' that we've got a fun story with. I've always wanted to do something with Black Panther. I think what Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction have done with Iron Fist lately is great, and the Iron Fist mythology opens up a whole other part to us. I'd love to break into the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe even more- it's kind of there in 'Thor.' J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek' got me jonesing to do that. It's what I grew up on - 'Star Trek' and 'Star Wars.' I want to do a big space epic. And we've got them in Marvel."

Loving all this. Very Happy

137The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

A movie of Annihilation would be fantastic.

138The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:31 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That'd be a fun animated film.

139The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:20 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Is Ray Park still signed up to play Iron Fist?

140The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Is Ray Park still signed up to play Iron Fist?
Not that I know of, honestly I hope they find a fresh face. Park's a great martial artist but a very stiff actor.

141The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:19 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

At this point I feel like he deserves it. I mean, he's been signed up for it since 2001-2002. Plus, I've met him and he's one of nicest people I've ever met. And let's not judge his acting skills yet..he's barely spoken in anything he's been in so far.

142The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:21 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I think there's a reason for that...Laughing
That's cool you met him.

143The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Laughing

And yeah, he was just such an awesome guy. Especially since I was essentially wasting his time 'coz I had no money on me for signatures (what can I say? 'twas my first comicon) and there was a whole line behind me and he just chatted with me for a couple minutes, just being really cool about it, incredibly polite & really enthusiastic. So yeah, I think he's awesome and deserves the IF role. Laughing

144The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anthony Hopkins (Odin) talks Thor
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=14539

Hopkins as Odin is gonna be awesome.

145The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hopkins rocks. Can't wait to see him as Talbot, Sr. in The Wolfman. The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Werewolf_Emoticon_-_by_Zeda

146The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:39 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Official synopsis: http://www.beyondhollywood.com/thor-gets-an-official-synopsis-occupation-change-for-jane-foster/

147The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

JMS is getting a Thor cameo.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/news/?a=15964
If you have been reading the recent Thor runs by Marvel then you know how amazing J. Michael Straczynski is. His solicitation on Thor made many fans rediscover their love of the character. He was definitely the reason Thor received positive reviews and awards.

According to WorstPreviews, he will have a part in the film. JMS even posted on his Facebook page on his cameo.

"I did a cameo on the new 'Thor' movie," he said. "It was supposed to be just a ten second deal, but director Kenneth Branagh decided (against the evidence) that I can act, so he kept putting me in more bits. We'll see what ends up on the cutting room floor, but it was a lot of fun."

When asked for more details, Straczynski replied: "I can't comment on the role or anything specific to the story or characters out of deference to the production. All I can say is that it was something drawn from my tenure writing the Thor comic."

I'm happy about this. I just read the first JMS trade a few days ago and freakin' loved it.

148The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:32 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, that's neat.

149The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Short interview snippet with Chris Hemsworth on Thor

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=16293

Sounds good. Looks like Thor will be sporting a beard.

150The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BY THOR'S BEARD!!!
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 6 874517-76012_127024_thor_super_super
Neat little addition to the info.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum