Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comic Events: Ones you liked vs. Ones you didn't like

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Title says it all: Comic Events: Ones you liked vs. Ones you didn't like and why? Such includes events such as Infinite Crisis or Secret Invasion and so forth but can include things like the Dark Phoenix saga. That said, for those that you didn't like (and maybe the ones you liked), how would you go about making them better? scratch

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Loves:

Identity Crisis (Amazingly quaint, love these type of "realistic" whodunits? rather than 100 people fighting each other in one panel ala George Perez), Age of Apocalypse (a great take on how Ultimates could be within the 616), Sinestro Corps War (no explanation needed), Blackest Night (thus far)

Not as bad as they say:

Final Crisis (the tie-in's were amazing, Batman's death was friggin cool, and the inclusion of characters like Tatoo Man and the Dance crew was awesome), Civil War (laid down the landscape for the MU for a while)

Absolutely loathes:

Messiah War: X-Force WAS my favorite book before this "epic" crossover with Cable took place and it was just dreadful. Basically Bishop, Cable & Stryfe (who?) bickering over the little girl like a bunch of pedophiles in a dark alley, SAYING they'd do this and that to each other, with hardly an action. Just bad bantering, confusing clay art from Crane, and no real good resolution to be had. The coolest part had Archangel & an elder Apocalypse, yet nothing really came out of that but more banter and a doublecross, and some silliness. Everything leading up to this "War" (how can it be a war, when there's like 6 people there?) was awesome, including the one-shot that just showed SO MUCH promise. It really equated to NOTHING.

Ultimatum: Just hated this based on reading the deaths on wikipedia. Glad I never spent a nickel for this crap.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

andy546

andy546
Cadet
Cadet

I loved both Identity Crisis and Civil War. One was a nice contained, character driven mystery story while the other was a massive cross-over that was freakin' cool!

I hated Clone Wars. So bloody confusing.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed Identity Crisis, Planet Hulk, Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest, Infinite Crisis (even if it didn't end as strong as it started), Messiah Complex.

Sir Not

Sir Not
Cadet
Cadet

I'm gonna date myself here, but I loved Secret Wars I, The Mutant Massacre and Inferno at the time. I hated, nay loathed Secret Wars II, The Evolutionary War and Acts of Vengeance (which could have been great). More recently, I loved the tie-ins to Final Crisis, but hated the main story and liked Secret Invasion, but hated all of the tie ins, except for New/Mighty Avengers which explained the history of it all. Right now, I am loving every issue of Blackest night that's come out thus far.

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Oh, yes, Annihilation, Planet Hulk, War of Kings, all awesome because it's sci-fi done right.

World War Hulk & House of M were quality, but not as epic as they could've been.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum