Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trades

+54
supervenom
alucardbarnivous
The Ignored One
BigSoupCan
joegavilan
boberthavok
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Heytherejeffro
elijahdprophet
WonderWoman2.0
Warren_Worthington IV
vikoros
Spazzy
kidspider2099
KingJoffers
Chief Kamachi
DickGrayson007
THALASTDRAGON
TheUncannyJim
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
GigaToast
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
pink*lantern
Metal Misfit
shining knight
wickidchyld
MikeSabian
dmahoney
Velociraptor DJ
r3l0ad
potatojoe
JessJupiter
Administrator
Goof
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
BlueMaxx
Matt
LordD3r3k
AlienIncognito
andy546
Thundermatts
Tom
pumkinheadfan
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
Joshua
Aussiemandias
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 23]

251Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:10 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Boys by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson

I just finished the first 3 arcs: "The Name of the Game" (#1-2), "Cherry" (#3-6), "Get Some" (#7-10). I love this book! Its so unapologetically brash. And the characters are just so weirdly likeable, even the smug Billy Butcher. But Wee Hughie (aka Simon Pegg lol) is easily my favorite character.

I love seeing this crazy side of superheroes, I always knew they were all sexual deviants!
Tek-Knight: "Gentlemen, if its got a hole, I can fuck it." Laughing

252Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Those are the 3 arcs I read too...hopefully I'll find the rest of the trades at Boston Comic Con in a couple weeks...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

253Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:21 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I bought the Dark Avengers/X-Men: Utopia book. The story itself is fine and got me interested in X-Men again. The art was great, and Matt Fraction does a good job with the story and characters, although there were some bits of very bad dialogue. Then there are the backup stories, which are mostly quite useless, with some being really mediocre. Other than that, the main story was a solid read and I'm going to pick up the trade that follows this and perhaps the trades that came before this.

254Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman: As the Crow Flies
Batman: Under the Hood Volume 1
Batman: Under the Hood Volume 2

I hadn't read these in a while. I loved them when I first read them, and I love them now. I know Judd Winick gets a lot of crap, but I love his work. He's one of my favorite writers working today. Sure, he's had some stuff I haven't liked (most of his recent Titan run), but overall I think he's great.

His Batman run is my favorite Batman run of all time. Granted, I haven't read every Batman run out there, but of what I've read his run is by far my favorite. As the Crow Flies was actually the first modern Batman story I ever read. My LCS had donated a bunch of trades to my high school library, and As the Crow Flies was one of them. I read it and LOVED it. My love it, coupled with my love for the Ultimate Spider-Man video game got me to buying the USM trades which led to Ultimate X-Men trades, which let to buying Adam Beechen's Robin OYL stuff. All that together got me fulling into comics. So, Winick's Batman holds a special place in my heart.

To this day I think that Judd Winick is the only one who can write Jason Todd. Everyone else just doesn't seem to be able to handle him. That's why I can't wait to read Winick's upcoming Red Hood mini as well as the upcoming Batman: Under the Red Hood movie.

255Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Moon Knight Volume 1: The Bottom

It had been years since I had read this. It's good stuff. Finch's art is just fantastic. He really draws a kick ass Moon Knight.

This series started off so great, and then turned to crap. I'm glad that Vengeance of the Moon Knight has been so good.

256Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:44 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well Last week at the Con I got quite a few trades:
The Anchor: I knew nothing about this book before I thought it looked cool and it is.
Son of Superman: I Love the elseworlds stories and this one is very good.
Agents of Atlas: dark reign: Very good read. I think its cool he that it features a group of characters from the 50's and breathes new life into them
Fantasic five: the final doom: I got this cause i think Tom Defalco is a very funny writer and Ron Lim is very underated as a penciler.
Captain Britian: one of the first trades i ever read this one of my favorites
Longshot: The same could be said for longshot its where i found art adams and just think he's one of my favorite penciler ever.

257Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:34 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow: Straight Shooter

I'm on a Judd Winick kick right now. It's been so long since I've read his GA run that I was forgetting what happened. So, I decided to start rereading it. Winick's run (along with JLU) is what made me love GA. Upon rereading the first story I can say that I still love it. I also have to say that Phil Hester draws my favorite GA. I just love his artwork.

258Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:26 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I haven't read Red Hood yet but you'll be happy (or pissed because it's another book) to know that Judd is doing a Red Hood mini in June.

259Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:^ I haven't read Red Hood yet but you'll be happy (or pissed because it's another book) to know that Judd is doing a Red Hood mini in June.

I'm actually happy about it. While I'm not thrilled about buying yet another book, I love Winick, and as I said earlier, he's the only one to write a good Jason Todd IMO.

260Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow: City Walls

I'm continuing my reread of Judd Winick's GA run. I think I liked his second arc more than the first. Great stuff. And as I said before, I just LOVE Phil Hester's art.

261Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Fables Volume 3: Storybook Love.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

262Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

reread World War Hulk...was a lot better this time reading it alongside the Incredible Hercules deluxe hardcover Smash of the Titans, which goes further into detail Amadeus Cho, Herc and company's dealings with the Hulk behind the major clash...this trade also solidified Herc as the one and only "incredible" superhero in the MU. Herc begins his journey with Cho off on a rocky note, clashing with brother Ares (how ironic that now are both dead), the Hulkbuster Iron Man, and of course the Hulk.

263Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:51 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Finished reading Green Lantern: Rebirth yesterday. Such a great story!

264Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:42 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:Finished reading Green Lantern: Rebirth yesterday. Such a great story!

I just recently reread that. It was much better this time around (and I loved it to begin with).

265Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:57 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

The only Green Lantern book I have yet to own--post Gibbons/Johns/Tomasi is Secret Origin...hopefully I'll find it in paperback at the upcoming BCC

266Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:38 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

Batman25JM wrote:Moon Knight Volume 1: The Bottom

It had been years since I had read this. It's good stuff. Finch's art is just fantastic. He really draws a kick ass Moon Knight.

This series started off so great, and then turned to crap. I'm glad that Vengeance of the Moon Knight has been so good.

ive been really enjoying 'vengeance of moon knight' as well

267Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:25 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Amazon glitch lovvvvvvveee

Trades - Page 11 Amazon12

268Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:35 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

^^^i have that amazing spidey (as well as vol. 2) and all tha invincible hc's

269Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Nice...u got them through the Amazon glitch?

I found that ASM #2 at a con a while back, but never had #1, so I haven't read it yet...and Invincible, yeah I don't have #1 or #4...so I'll be getting #1 soon, Amazon sold out or something...

Wait...nevermind...

Order Summary:
Shipping Details : (order will arrive in 1 shipment)
Order #: ____________

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $23.09
Shipping & Handling: $3.99
Promotion Applied: -$12.09
------
Total for this Order: $14.99

Shipping estimate for these items: March 26, 2010
1 "Invincible: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 1"
Robert Kirkman; Hardcover; $23.09

Noticed it was in stock and asked for my original glitch price...got it!

270Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Reread Planet Hulk and thought it was just epic.

271Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:26 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Borders had a 40% off coupon this weekend. Took the initiative of picking up a few deluxe hardcovers...

-Fables: Deluxe HC, Vol. 1
-JLA (Morrison): Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1
-Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 4

and then today...

-Starman: Omnibus 4
-JLA (Morrison): Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2

Also, in the past ten days I've read Johns/Goyer entire run on JSA...10 trades in all...great stuff...it's a shame the group is pretty much irrelevant these days

272Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Daredevil Vol. 4: Underboss

I recently decided to reread Winick's run on Batman and Green Arrow, and this led to me deciding to reread some of my other favorite runs, which led to deciding to reread Bendis' Daredevil. Man, it's still just as awesome. I absolutely LOVE it. Bendis is the one who made DD my favorite Marvel character. I honestly cannot express accurately how much I love his DD run. And Alex Maleev's art is just fantastic here.

It's a shame they didn't have a longer run together on Spider-Woman. It could have ended up being as good as their DD stuff.

273Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate X-Men Vol. 1: The Tomorrow People

I've been rereading some of my favorite books over the past couple of weeks, so I thought I'd reread some Ultimate X-Men. I just love the early Ultimate X-Men stuff. After Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run, I'd say the first 45 or so issues of Ultimate X-Men is my favorite X-Men stuff (well, that and Kyle and Yost's New X-Men run).

I loved the first arc just as much now as when I first read it. The art was fantastic. It brought back very good memories. Ultimate X-Men was one of the books that helped get me into comics (along with Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Winick's Batman, and Robin).

274Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:03 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

^^^i love tha x-men in general and i def loved ultimate x-men...well most of it anyway, mostly tha first half of tha run

275Trades - Page 11 Empty Re: Trades Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:22 am

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

checked amazon just to see if tha 'x-men omnibus' was in stock, and it was, so i tried like a couple other people on here did who missed out on books cuz of thw glitch, and they adjusted tha price from $62.99 down to $14.99 and also got 'x-men: mutant massacre hc' adjusted to tha same price down from whatever it was. i deleted tha original emails so i dont even remember tha other 4 books i placed in that glitch order, guess i could ask them. just cant wait to get that omnibus, tha spidey one is crazy thick, and then ima get tha 'uncanny x-men omnibus' on ebay, those along wit 'the walking dead compendium one' will be tha thickest books on my book shelf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum