Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hulk

+13
jaydee74
Nymn
Bigtymin504
hrdwrkngXsoldier
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
Rath99
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
shiky800
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Sandman
Esbat
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes but the guess was the either it was a LMD or it could have been one of those things where it was all in Ross' mind. Sort of like how Banner and Hulk have confrontations in their head.

27Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 9:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Yes but the guess was the either it was a LMD or it could have been one of those things where it was all in Ross' mind. Sort of like how Banner and Hulk have confrontations in their head.

The guess? Was this actually addressed in the comic, or is this what fans are assuming so their heads don't explode?

28Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 9:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Yes but the guess was the either it was a LMD or it could have been one of those things where it was all in Ross' mind. Sort of like how Banner and Hulk have confrontations in their head.

The guess? Was this actually addressed in the comic, or is this what fans are assuming so their heads don't explode?
I meant to say I had heard guesses that range from LMD to it was all in his head.

29Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 9:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gotcha. So at this point there really is no explanation as to why they appeared in the same panel

30Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Gotcha. So at this point there really is no explanation as to why they appeared in the same panel
As of right now? I don't think so. I am kind of hoping that at some point, there will be some kind of "Director's Cut" of this entire story so Loeb can dish on what it was all about and all the clues and whatnot.

31Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 9:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote: I am kind of hoping that at some point, there will be some kind of "Director's Cut" of this entire story so Loeb can dish on what it was all about and all the clues and whatnot.

It sounds like it's practically necessary Laughing

32Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 9:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote: I am kind of hoping that at some point, there will be some kind of "Director's Cut" of this entire story so Loeb can dish on what it was all about and all the clues and whatnot.

I just want his reasoning on certain things. Whether or not he actually does it remains to be seen.

33Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 10:31 pm

dpool666

dpool666
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

It was either a lmd or a skrull, because that was still during secret invasion

Oh and general Ross is red hulk

Oops, I meant to say spoiler....

$0rr¥
©️©️
<
l___l

34Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 10:36 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Guys, guys... don't you know how comics work? The explanation will probably be another 3.99 away Laughing It's supposed tell the 'origin' so maybe it'll address the drones Ross used.

35Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Thu May 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

I just want his reasoning on certain things. Whether or not he actually does it remains to be seen.

I doubt there will be one. In any case, any inconsistency they will say a wizard LMD did it or that Rulk was hallucinating. As for his cosmic romp and killing of the Grandmaster, it was a hallucination snorting LMDs that turned out to be true due to the combination of loebforce gamma radiation, power cosmic, and the Uni-power which chose Rulk as a host but never said anything because it was speaking in tongues and went away when he was doe so it could go back in time and possess Rulk so he could teabag punch a Watcher. dry

36Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Fri May 14, 2010 12:09 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing good times

37Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Fri May 14, 2010 1:50 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, not surprised by the reveals. I really didn't see how anyone else would have made sense.

LordD3r3k wrote:Gotcha. So at this point there really is no explanation as to why they appeared in the same panel
I'm pretty sure Red Hulk #23 will address this since it's billed as Red Hulk's "origin". I thought that panel was a way to throw people off, way too many other clues that pointed to this reveal...

38Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well if you read the current issue of incredible hulk you will see that red she hulk is betty

39Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Sat May 15, 2010 9:38 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I knew it all along! Well, not really, but he's always been a suspect, so it was a possibility. I figure that scene from Hulk #6 was either in his head or that was just an LMD. Looks like we'll be finding out next ish. I hope this reveal doesn't mean the end of Red, I'd like to see him stick around the MU after all this.

40Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:20 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Incredible Hulk #610

Whoa awesome issue! Everything is falling into place now and I have to say it's been pretty damn good. Pak and Loeb have really picked things up starting with Fall of Hulks and now World War Hulks. And Paul Pelletier just killed it on art...I wish he was doing Thanos Imperative. hmm

41Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:40 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Inc. Hulk #610

While some of the larger panels i.e. splash pages were pretty spectacular, amongst the heaviest of detailed pencils comes an overlonging of static reaction. There is just too much going on in every panel for readers to be able to breath in Pelletier's skills. Otherwise, besides the overall stupid plot number, Pak does an admirable job putting the pieces in place. There isn't a whole lot to say but that Incredible Hulk is a title worth checking out every month, even if you don't like the Sakaar back-up (like yours truly).

I know the next storyline is going to bring in Hulk's "other" son, so despite a fan of Planet Hulk I haven't followed the Son of Hulk story at all. So, I'm skipping. In the meantime the not-so-jolly green man is...omniscience.

3.5/5 - Cluttered art and a very Nomad-ic skippable back-up, otherwise, pure gold. Check out Amadeus "hulked out" take on Modok. The Red She-Hulk origin is pretty standard, but does the trick.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

42Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:22 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This comment is based solely on the "twist" - Weak.

When a writer uses this plot device there is no mystery to solve. You can make anything happen without care for logic because it's like using a cheat code to get you out of a tough situation. That's all I can say without getting into spoilers, but yeah, that was disappointing

43Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hulk #23

This was the "Origin of Red Hulk" and I gotta say, I really liked it. It pretty much summarizes everything that's gone on with Red Hulk since his creation and gives all the background behind it. Loeb has greatly improved the character from his early depictions. We actually know his motivations and thoughts behind his actions, which up until Fall of Hulks/World War Hulks, seemed stupid and random.

The art was fantastic with Ed McGuinness and a ton of classic Hulk artists doing various flashbacks. Overall, really solid issue.

LordD3r3k wrote:This comment is based solely on the "twist" - Weak.

When a writer uses this plot device there is no mystery to solve. You can make anything happen without care for logic because it's like using a cheat code to get you out of a tough situation. That's all I can say without getting into spoilers, but yeah, that was disappointing

Just to be clear, are you talking about the
Spoiler:

Yeah I wasn't a fan of that either, just a lil too convenient. But I think most fans knew that there was more to that confrontation than what we saw on the surface. Plus, I wouldn't really characterize that as a "twist" per se, more like a red herring. I liken it somewhat to Black Lantern Batman showing up during Blackest Night. After the original "oh shit" moment of seeing BL Bats, everyone pretty much realized it wasn't what it seemed.

44Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Just to be clear, are you talking about the
Spoiler:

Yeah I wasn't a fan of that either, just a lil too convenient. But I think most fans knew that there was more to that confrontation than what we saw on the surface. Plus, I wouldn't really characterize that as a "twist" per se, more like a red herring. I liken it somewhat to Black Lantern Batman showing up during Blackest Night. After the original "oh shit" moment of seeing BL Bats, everyone pretty much realized it wasn't what it seemed.

I dont see how those two things are even remotely similar. But I won't even get into that. This isn't really a matter of being logical, or if things add up as they appeared, it's a matter of just being weak storytelling. Using a LMD is just a low as using a clone. There's no real thought that needs to go into the plotting of the story because no matter what you do or who you do it to, it can just be explained away with this 'fix-all' plot device.

There was no mystery here because all the planning that goes into creating a real mystery is moot when you have some genie in your back pocket that allows a character to not be accountable for their actions or whereabouts. That's the aggravating part. With the use of LMD's or clones, ANYONE could have been Rulk. That's not a mystery.

I don't remember seeing LMD's or clones when I played Clue Laughing

45Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:36 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Just to be clear, are you talking about the
Spoiler:

I dont see how those two things are even remotely similar. But I won't even get into that. This isn't really a matter of being logical, or if things add up as they appeared, it's a matter of just being weak storytelling. Using a LMD is just a low as using a clone. There's no real thought that needs to go into the plotting of the story because no matter what you do or who you do it to, it can just be explained away with this 'fix-all' plot device.

There was no mystery here because all the planning that goes into creating a real mystery is moot when you have some genie in your back pocket that allows a character to not be accountable for their actions or whereabouts. That's the aggravating part. With the use of LMD's or clones, ANYONE could have been Rulk. That's not a mystery.

I don't remember seeing LMD's or clones when I played Clue Laughing

I meant they're similar in the sense that both were kind of red herrings, we were meant to think something happened but it really didn't (Ross dying or Batman coming back to life).

Even though it was fairly obvious to most following this story that something fishy was up with Ross's "death", I do agree that the use of an LMD here wasn't the strongest route to go. Although in certain instances it can work great (like in Secret Invasion with Maria Hill, because in the run up to SI, Fury had secretly told Hill to start using LMDs more).

I agree with you that this plot point wasn't all that creative, but I do think you're incorrectly boiling the whole mystery down to this one thing. This wasn't the whole mystery. This was a piece of the puzzle of the big mystery of who Red Hulk was, but there were tons of different hints and clues along the way too. Red Hulk's inner monologues, intelligence and tactical expertise, plus all the different alliances he had going. Anyway, I thought the "who is Red Hulk?" mystery wasn't very well executed anyway and went on for far too long. It became pretty obvious a long time ago even with the fake out of Ross's death.

The real mystery is where the hell the mustache goes when he turns into Red Hulk. Suspect

46Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:45 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

The real mystery is where the hell the mustache goes when he turns into Red Hulk. Suspect

Ha!

47Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:46 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

I doubt there will be one. In any case, any inconsistency they will say a wizard LMD did it or that Rulk was hallucinating. As for his cosmic romp and killing of the Grandmaster, it was a hallucination snorting LMDs that turned out to be true due to the combination of loebforce gamma radiation, power cosmic, and the Uni-power which chose Rulk as a host but never said anything because it was speaking in tongues and went away when he was doe so it could go back in time and possess Rulk so he could teabag punch a Watcher. dry

And now for the rest of it to come true....

48Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:55 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I thought the explanation was fine. Since T-Ross is Red Hulk, the best explanations were an LMD or just something going on in his head. Issue #23 was pretty good, I like how it summarized the run from Red Hulk's point of view.

49Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:08 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:Since T-Ross is Red Hulk, the best explanations were an LMD or just something going on in his head.

I don't think 'best' is the right word. Really, it's the only explanation that works based on how this was written. Therein lies the problem.

50Hulk - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Well, I'm guessing since Loeb had it planned to be him all along, it wasn't really a problem. He was one of the suspects for some fans soon after he was introduced (his "milksop" phrase, the fact he was recognized by the scanners on the military base, Ross mysteriously disappearing just as Red Hulk suddenly shows up in Hulk #600), so that was simply done to throw a curveball and keep people guessing.
If you write something with a set goal in mind, such as a certain character turning out to be the secret ID of another, then the only way is the best way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum