Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread

+24
melvinlikechris
Denim
Mnemosis
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
Rath99
Esbat
Gojiratoho
Joshua
shining knight
Administrator
MillionDollarGeek
Combo Mo
Solstrom
alucardbarnivous
Silent K
supervenom
shiky800
Chi-Town Spidey
SexyToaster
potatojoe
Thundermatts
BlueMaxx
Lee
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

There's a sort of parallel between "Handsome Ransom" and "Beware the Gray Ghost" - while they don't follow at all the same structure, each episode had an actor spoofing the role they are perhaps best known for. With that said, when recording "Beware the Gray Ghost," did you ever think the roles would be reversed?

The average TV viewer could be intimately familiar with a voice actor's body of work but never know what they look like. Comic fans, however, are an obsessive and devoted lot. Do you get recognized? If so, does it ever get to be "too much?"

27The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do you happen to know if the role of Captain Sunshine was specifically written with you in mind?

How exactly were you approached to do the Venture Bros. episode?

Do you have a blooper tape of batman dropping f-bombs somewhere hidden away and can you let it accidently leak onto the internet?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

28The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:03 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:There's a sort of parallel between "Handsome Ransom" and "Beware the Gray Ghost" - while they don't follow at all the same structure, each episode had an actor spoofing the role they are perhaps best known for. With that said, when recording "Beware the Gray Ghost," did you ever think the roles would be reversed?

The average TV viewer could be intimately familiar with a voice actor's body of work but never know what they look like. Comic fans, however, are an obsessive and devoted lot. Do you get recognized? If so, does it ever get to be "too much?"

You better be on the show that night Kerouac. If you're not you'll regret for along as we keep reminding you about it.

Also, damn I forgot what my question was gonna be.

http://realityfugitives.com/

29The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If time permits, ask him what's going on.

30The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Someday, the police WILL find your body inside and industrial oven, not only severely burnt, but literally bursting with banana bread that's been baked inside of you.

31The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The Banana Bread Butcher strikes again!

32The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:56 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:HOLY SHIT!! You guys are interviewing Batman himself? Congrats. So, when is it? Next week?

Mr. Conroy,

What show did you enjoy working on the most?

What actor did you enjoy working with them most?

Is the process for doing voice work for a video game much different from that of a cartoon?

Would you like to have a cameo in the next Batman live action film?

Do you like being best known for being Batman?

What is the weirdest thing someone has asked you to say in the Batman voice?

Do you have a favorite episode of Batman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League, or JLU?

Spider-Man wrote:
3. I'm know I'm going to be listening to this POP!CAST while you are on it and was wondering if I could hear from you in your Batman voice "I am the Night. I am Vengence. I AM BATMAN!".

Not to be nitpicky or anything, but just in case he says it you need to flip night and vengeance. It's "I am Vengeance. I am the Night. I AM BATMAN".

All fixed! Smile

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

33The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:44 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ask kevin do to an impersonation of Bale's Batman voice Very Happy

34The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Someday, the police WILL find your body inside and industrial oven, not only severely burnt, but literally bursting with banana bread that's been baked inside of you.
I hope there is an intact banana inside of it.

35The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

One of my favorite moments ever

36The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's my question. Thinking of more.

In the Batman: TAS episode "Perchance to Dream" you read the voices of Batman, Bruce Wayne, Bruce's father, and the evil/alternate Batman. You did this without stop or pausing and alternated from one voice to the next. How challenging was this for you to do and was it tough to bring out the essences of each character when you are going back and forth?

37The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Here's my question. Thinking of more.

In the Batman: TAS episode "Perchance to Dream" you read the voices of Batman, Bruce Wayne, Bruce's father, and the evil/alternate Batman. You did this without stop or pausing and alternated from one voice to the next. How challenging was this for you to do and was it tough to bring out the essences of each character when you are going back and forth?

Nice one!

38The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:44 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Was it all done in one take? Or was each voice recorded separately, I wonder. If it was all done in one steady loop, wow.

39The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Was it all done in one take? Or was each voice recorded separately, I wonder. If it was all done in one steady loop, wow.

From what I read he did it without pausing, just alternating from one voice to the next.

40The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:58 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Wow... that's pretty damned amazing.

41The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I should do my Batman Kevin Conroy impression and crank POP! on a phone call. LOL

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

42The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man wrote:I should do my Batman Kevin Conroy impression and crank POP! on a phone call. LOL

Leave a voice message saying your can't be on the show lol

43The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Assuming doing the voice has made you a fan if you weren't already, what's the coolest bit of Batman memoribilia you've collected?

44The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As the series went on, and you got a real feel for the character, was there anything in of the scripts that you vetoed, or at least objected to, feeling that it was out of character?

45The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Juggalojohn

Juggalojohn
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

i have a few that may be good to ask, signed up to the forum to ask.

1. Who is his favorite batman?

2. Would he want to play Batman in a live action role, or is he happy with just being his voice?

3. has he played the video games that he voiced? (that one was a bit weaker i know)

46The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:29 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Does he like Faygo?

47The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:35 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Does he like Faygo?
Laughing Laughing

48The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:32 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Juggalojohn wrote:i have a few that may be good to ask, signed up to the forum to ask.

1. Who is his favorite batman?

2. Would he want to play Batman in a live action role, or is he happy with just being his voice?

3. has he played the video games that he voiced? (that one was a bit weaker i know)
nice one!

49The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman, where is the best place to get a cheeseburger?

How about Pizza?

50The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kevin Conroy Q&A Thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:12 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What does he think of Dick Grayson being Batman in the current storyline/continuity?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum