Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD

+20
Mnemosis
kidspider2099
Rath99
Bigtymin504
blue halo
Aussiemandias
supervenom
Astro13Zombie
Spaced4SimonPegg
BlueMaxx
Nymn
Denim
Debaser77
Thundermatts
(._Y_.)
Goof
Silent K
ChrisToPhenom
Combo Mo
Joshua
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:^ Right, Norse. But it still felt really...bad story execution. Dialogue had me smiling and raising eyebrows a lot.

Medusa's lair was the only pretty-cool part for me the entire film.

has anybody seen the original? i've hear its awful so i don't expect much for the new version.

I loved the original as a kid. Medusa was my favorite....shocking yes I know. Laughing

52Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Medusa has to be one of Harryhausen's creepiest creations.

53Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:36 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Medusa has to be one of Harryhausen's creepiest creations.
or sexiest. take your pick. Laughing

54Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:27 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, that's right. I remember that post of yours. We all ignored. Possibly because we weren't sure if you were joking or not. Heh.

Oh, and you're wrong Kearstin. I was prepped for some modest inaccuracies like the original, but this was just bad storytelling. shake my head

55Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

well I just got back from seeing it. I was a decent enough movie. kinda underwhelmed i guess I was expecting something more epic. but still decent enough. they strayed from the original quite a bit though, which I am fine with, but it seemed to me the original had more
Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 08efce323b94ed382128959663f3a52f

56Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I was thinking that very same thing. It didn't have the charm. The dialogue and acting had a lot to do with that, though.

57Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:10 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hilarious! I love these animated guys!

58Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Laughing I'm enjoying those more and more.

59Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 am

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I saw this movie a couple of days ago. I was really looking forward to it, I thought I was gonna enjoy it, and it let me down so much. I've never been let down more by a movie since Spider-Man 3.

SPOILERS TO FOLLOW:

Nothing worked here. The dialogue was atrocious. if they wanted to be serious with this movie, then they should have done a better job here.

The story is just god awful. I can't even call this a remake of the original movie because they change it up completely, it's not even loyal to the original story anymore. It just takes the characters and turn it into a simple revenge flick. And it doesn't even work as that. There's no payoff at the end, he doesn't kill Hades. So the entire quest was for nothing. He doesn't hook up with Andromeda, so there's was no point to anything. Perseus is completely unrelateable and unsympathetic, made even worse by Worhtington's "acting". His family is dead so now he's gonna kill the God that did it, so he has to find Medusa's head to kill the Kraken so he can then not-kill Hades. Who the fuck wrote this shit? None of the other characters fare any better. They're flat, they serve no purpose except to die, and you don't even know half their names. We're told we should care about them, and that's not a good thing. They bland cannon fodder, simple as that.

The only good thing I can say about this movie is the Kraken. It's an awesome piece of CG animation, but they managed to screw him up too. If your entire movie is built up to this monster appearing, then they should have gone the Cloverfield route and kept what it looked like a secret, and if you wanted to see it, you had to see the movie. But no, instead they plastered him all over the trailer and promo images, thereby ruining the effect. Granted the two minutes it was onscreen were awesome, but it overall effect of it was ruined by having it spoiled so many times.

Yeah save your money, and don't bother seeing it in 3D because because it's piss poor. If you saw the trailer, you saw the only good part. And don't try to say, "well it's an action movie", if I don't give a shit about the characters and the story is so full of holes, then that excuse becomes invalid.

Just utter monkey shit.

60Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD - Page 3 Empty Re: Clash of the Titans (2010) in HD Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:
The story is just god awful.
This sums up the majority's reviews. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum