Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+41
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
FroZen
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
The Ignored One
goatt
Demonweasel
Administrator
comicgeekelly
Denim
Tripper McGee
GigaToast
BlueMaxx
alucardbarnivous
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Chi-Town Spidey
krpykrwly
Batman25JM
melvinlikechris
elijahdprophet
potatojoe
Sci-Fi
Mnemosis
jaydee74
Lee
Sean T. Collins
shining knight
Captain Painway
wickidchyld
Silent K
(._Y_.)
Combo Mo
Esbat
The Chris Ward Experience
Debaser77
Joshua
MillionDollarGeek
Rath99
45 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

26The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Sean T. Collins

Sean T. Collins
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks, Lee!

http://www.alltooflat.com/about/personal/sean

27The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just wanted to say it was very cool to be on the show. Thanks for having me on people. Smile

28The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Thanks for joining us mister D!

29The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Just wanted to say it was very cool to be on the show. Thanks for having me on people. Smile
My god no one sounds how I imagine them!

http://realityfugitives.com/

30The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

aaaaand boom goes the dynamite. PoP-cast makes the news!
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/11/more-con-war-skirmishes-and-con-love-treaties/

http://www.worldofwardcrap.com

31The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

So rad.

32The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:11 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I love you I love you I love you

33The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Chris Ward Experience wrote:aaaaand boom goes the dynamite. PoP-cast makes the news!
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/11/more-con-war-skirmishes-and-con-love-treaties/
You are a scholar and a mensch, Sir Ward.

http://realityfugitives.com/

34The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chris your piece rocked!

It seems like the more shit get thrown at Wizard the more pup PoP! gets. If this brings positive attention to the site and what you guys do here then that is awesome!

35The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Sean and Chris. We heart you both.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

36The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm starting to think Shamus isn't the soulless monster everyone makes him out to be. Every misstep his company makes only helps out other conventions and websites. It's like Wizard is some sort of diabolical philanthropist.

37The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Just wanted to say it was very cool to be on the show. Thanks for having me on people. Smile
My god no one sounds how I imagine them!
I know. I hate the way I sound when I hear my voice on playback. It's so not how I hear my own voice.

38The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:I'm starting to think Shamus isn't the soulless monster everyone makes him out to be. Every misstep his company makes only helps out other conventions and websites. It's like Wizard is some sort of diabolical philanthropist.
WOW! You might be on to something there, sir. Laughing

39The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:25 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

you played my favourite opening ever Laughing

40The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:41 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

All I can say is... big doin's are a-transpirin'

41The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:42 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

How is it that a man who OWNS a vest doesn't know how to play things close to the vest?

Laughing

42The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:44 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

HAHAHA!!!! LMFAO!!! Hey! HEY! It's not like I started humming music or anything! It's called a tease!

43The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:46 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:
Joshua wrote:I'm starting to think Shamus isn't the soulless monster everyone makes him out to be. Every misstep his company makes only helps out other conventions and websites. It's like Wizard is some sort of diabolical philanthropist.
WOW! You might be on to something there, sir. Laughing

I would say it's part of his plan to take over everything comic related by infecting it with his touch...but he's not that clever.

44The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:08 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Wellp. I'll be late to tonight's show with bells on.

45The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:53 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dude that pinocchio book sounds awesome!

46The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:55 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Wow my F/M/K was not as contentious as I'd hoped. The baked goods one was the best.

47The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Debaser77 wrote:Wow my F/M/K was not as contentious as I'd hoped. The baked goods one was the best.
Hey, sometimes there's just a clear answer.

48The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Twilight is not a good movie. I don't say that because it's teenage girl fodder, I could care less who the movie is aimed at. I say that on pure cinematic achievement and storytelling and it fails at every level.

Essentially what it boils down to is there is no conflict or any real problem for anyone to face. Edward Cullen is an immortal who is gorgeous to look at. He's intelligent and athletic and doesn't really have any problems. When Bella starts snooping around he finally confides in her what he really is, "You want to see what I really am?!" as if he's hiding some terrible dark secret. He then steps into the sunlight and becomes even more beautiful. That's his big horrible tragedy; he sparkles like diamonds. Okay, but he's hundreds of years old and still having to live the life of a teenage, that should eat at him right? I mean, that should provide some really cool duality to the character? Nope, as old as he is his personality is as old as his appearance. He behaves, thinks, and feels just like any typical angsty teenager. Meanwhile, Bella just moves to town and like most kids, should feel like an outsider and should have to overcome some sort of conflict. Being a teenager is tough and it's even tougher in a new place. Well, it is for the rest of us anyway. Bella is instantly liked by everyone.

The movie is about nothing more than these two people getting to know each other. What should be covered in a ninety-second montage is the premise of the entire movie. The point of a movie is for characters to overcome obstacles and to grow and change by the end of the movie. None of that occurs. They simply go about their teenage lives, briefly fight the so-called "evil" vampires (you know, the ones that actually do what vampires are known for doing), and then go to the prom. Oh, and there's vampire baseball. This is not a movie, this is simply an excuse for girls to gather together and swoon over Robert Pattinson.

49The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:19 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

and joshua said pretty much what I would have said

edit: just heard the F,M,K intro bwah-ha-ha!

50The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I'm just saying I did not hate it and I'm more than a little interested in the follow-up. It's not good by any stretch of the imagination. I said after we watched it that it was weak sauce for the villain to meet the hero more than 2/3 through the movie. But it had its moments. I genuinely enjoyed the family dynamic of the Cullens and some of those characters. I was genuinely entertained and that is FAR beyond what I expected from Twilight.

And Pattinson? I don't see the big deal. Maybe my heterosexuality has something to do with it, but I think he's goofy lookin'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum