Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+41
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
FroZen
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
The Ignored One
goatt
Demonweasel
Administrator
comicgeekelly
Denim
Tripper McGee
GigaToast
BlueMaxx
alucardbarnivous
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Chi-Town Spidey
krpykrwly
Batman25JM
melvinlikechris
elijahdprophet
potatojoe
Sci-Fi
Mnemosis
jaydee74
Lee
Sean T. Collins
shining knight
Captain Painway
wickidchyld
Silent K
(._Y_.)
Combo Mo
Esbat
The Chris Ward Experience
Debaser77
Joshua
MillionDollarGeek
Rath99
45 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 40]

401The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

While Snyder's Watchmen copied the source material almost verbatim, it was still nice to see the characters come to life, the actors portray said characters, hear the music paired with the scenes, and to be able to finish the story in 3 hours instead of 5 days like the book.

I also love Sin City, which more or less did the same as Snyder's Watchmen.

402The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I love Sin City, but never read the book. I also love 300 and V and never read those. Don't know how accurate either was.

403The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
It's really not that I dislike the movie, but that I was very excited to watch something else entirely.
I had the same problem with Pirates of the Caribbean the first few times I watched it. I like it now, but I had to adopt the policy "watch the movie you are given, not the one you want" to get there. Now I try to keep that in mind with everything I watch.

While Snyder's Watchmen copied the source material almost verbatim, it was still nice to see the characters come to life, the actors portray said characters, hear the music paired with the scenes, and to be able to finish the story in 3 hours instead of 5 days like the book.
For fairness' sake I probably should have added that while I was completely against the notion of a Watchmen movie, I ended up thinking the movie was okay. Not great or anything, but I enjoyed it more than I disliked it and I wouldn't mind watching it again.

404The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

^ This is why I love PoP!

405The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:52 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

On the topic of exclusive figures being bullshit, how about the Blackest Night SDCC Hal Jordan figures? Fuck I want those.

406The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I had the same problem with Pirates of the Caribbean the first few times I watched it. I like it now, but I had to adopt the policy "watch the movie you are given, not the one you want" to get there. Now I try to keep that in mind with everything I watch.

I had that with the Lord of the Rings, but the films are so fantastic that I don't mind the changes so much now. Arwen's storyline still bums me out sometimes, though. At least they nixed the idea of her fighting alongside Aragorn at Helm's Deep. I think I would have killed someone had that made it in the film.

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

407The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tripper McGee wrote:At least they nixed the idea of her fighting alongside Aragorn at Helm's Deep. I think I would have killed someone had that made it in the film.
I nearly dumped a load in my pants when they mentioned they were planning to do that in the Special Features. Thank goodness cooler heads prevailed. The Lord of the Rings is my favorite movie ever, but there are things in them that still bug me. Arwen's expanded role doesn't bother me too much, though I do wish Glorfindel had not been completely omitted. Tom Bombadil would have been kind of neat, but his absence never really bothered me. One thing that really sticks in my craw is how Gimli is treated in the second two movies; he's essentially relegated to the role of the clown. It's not as bad in Extended Towers where they do show him as a formidable warrior by beating out Legolas' Uruk-hai count, but I still wish they'd treated his character with a little more respect. The changes to Faramir work pretty well, at least in the Extended cut. The one thing that bugs me more than anything else is when Frodo sends Sam away and Sam leaves. It doesn't bother me that they change Frodo and corrupt him a little more, but the fact that Sam actually leaves really kills me. The impetus for his going back to save Frodo is finding lembas crumbs on the Cirith Ungol stairs, as if it's a revelation that he didn't betray Frodo. I'll never understand why they did that.

408The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:06 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

If Jackson had put Tom Bombadil in Fellowship, he would have been remembered as the Jar Jar Binks of the LOTR movies. His scene in the book is amusing, but it would have been a pointless scene in an already long movie.

And I agree with K-Nice's summation of Watchmen. I watched it with no suspense at all, since I had already read the book several times over, but it was still neat to see how Snyder interpreted the scenes. And I still say the omission of the squid was a smart move.

409The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:If Jackson had put Tom Bombadil in Fellowship, he would have been remembered as the Jar Jar Binks of the LOTR movies. His scene in the book is amusing, but it would have been a pointless scene in an already long movie.
Well, not entirely pointless since he is the one who arms the hobbits, but I agree that he'd be a hard character for general audiences to swallow. I'm surprised people seemed to accept the Ents as well as they did.

410The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:57 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

EVERYBODY loves walking talking trees. That is one of the only scenes from the movie I've seen, and I love those leafy bastards.

411The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:21 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am actually curious whether now what those who flixnet santas slay enjoyed it or not Laughing

412The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Thankskilling is going over well. I know that. Laughing

http://www.leerodriguez.net

413The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:27 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw the trailer for it after it was mentioned on the pop cast

I need to see that....

It genuinly looks like its entire budget was ten pence Laughing

414The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:EVERYBODY loves walking talking trees. That is one of the only scenes from the movie I've seen, and I love those leafy bastards.

You have not seen the fullness of the greatest work put to film that I call the Holy Trilogy?

-3 geek cred

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

415The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:EVERYBODY loves walking talking trees. That is one of the only scenes from the movie I've seen, and I love those leafy bastards.

You have not seen the fullness of the greatest work put to film that I call the Holy Trilogy?

-3 geek cred
Only three?

416The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

You didn't know that already? I say it often.

-5 PoP! cred

417The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
-5 PoP! cred
Laughing

418The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Thanks, I try.

419The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:28 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ouch, you win this battle sir, but not the war. go out and get the extendend versions of the lord of the rings trilogy and bask in it's epicness

420The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Denim wrote:ouch, you win this battle sir, but not the war. go out and get the extendend versions of the lord of the rings trilogy and bask in it's epicness

Wait for Blu-Ray!

421The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Denim wrote:ouch, you win this battle sir, but not the war. go out and get the extendend versions of the lord of the rings trilogy and bask in it's epicness

Wait for Blu-Ray!

but not the blu-rays they just announced, those are the theatrical cut and not the extended editions.

422The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Denim wrote:
Silent K wrote:

Wait for Blu-Ray!

but not the blu-rays they just announced, those are the theatrical cut and not the extended editions.

Those fucking cunts...

WHY!? WHY NOT RELEASE THEM AS ONE!?

423The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Denim wrote:
Silent K wrote:

Wait for Blu-Ray!

Those fucking cunts...

WHY!? WHY NOT RELEASE THEM AS ONE!?

They know the non researchers will buy them up and then they can make a big deal about the extended editions and get more money from the folks that buy those. The almighty dollar wins again.

424The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Denim wrote:
They know the non researchers will buy them up and then they can make a big deal about the extended editions and get more money from the folks that buy those. The almighty dollar wins again.

They really should've done away with this practice once the format moved to Blu Ray. I HATES IT!

425The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I think you guys are misspelling "blue." Either way, I don't have it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum