Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

S.H.I.E.L.D.

+21
KingJoffers
rwe1138
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
Debaser77
jaydee74
Jango Fett
Fresh03
Administrator
Velociraptor DJ
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
comicgeekelly
prescribeddrone
Aussiemandias
Batman25JM
shiky800
Rath99
Mnemosis
AlienIncognito
Esbat
Bigtymin504
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Thanks guys, I can't wait.

27S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Um. Wow. I think I shall put this in the column of "Why didn't they think of this before?" I'm rather jazzed about this.

28S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

You had me at Hickman and SHIELD!

29S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

SHIELD sketchbook for free!!

https://subscriptions.marvel.com/digitalcomics/view.htm?iid=14196&title=

Those designs for Leonardo da Vinci, Issac Newton, Nostradamus, etc. are so awesome. yes

30S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:14 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I will rub my penis ALL OVER this book when it comes out. No lie.

31S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:I will rub my penis ALL OVER this book when it comes out. No lie.
Ditto.

32S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:55 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:I will rub my penis ALL OVER this book when it comes out. No lie.
Ditto.
Hopefully you're not talking about the same issue because there'll be all sorts of arguments about who goes first.

33S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Ditto.
Hopefully you're not talking about the same issue because there'll be all sorts of arguments about who goes first.
Just in case, call dibs on going first! neutral

34S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey is this book bi-monthly? It debuts in April but there's no issue #2 in May.

35S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

That because it's going to sneak up on you like a good old spy.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

36S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:25 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How has no one caught the massive typo in the thread title for six months? I thought this was a thread about a comic in which people were constantly avoiding things....

THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GOOD CITIZENS OF THE GRAND PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA WHERE EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO SAY GREAT THINGS ABOUT OUR REPUBLIC AND ITS LEADERS WHO NEVER MAKE ANY MISTAKE NOT EVEN AFTER THEIR DEATH. MISTER SUPERDOUG IS A BIG SUPPORTER OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA AND WILL BE MOVED TO A BETTER PLACE IN THE REPUBLIC WHERE NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO INTERRUPT HIM AND HIS HARD WORK FOR THE REPUBLIC ALL THANKS TO HIS HELP IN MAKING THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC A BETTER PLACE.

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : THERE WAS NO EDITING OR CENSORSHIP MADE HERE DO NOT BELIEVE THE WESTERN MEDIA OR THE DEVILISH GOOGLE MAY IT BURN IN HELL WITH THE ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC)

37S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

whistle
V

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

38S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:How has no one caught the massive typo in the thread title for six months? I thought this was a thread about a comic in which people were constantly avoiding things....

THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GOOD CITIZENS OF THE GRAND PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA WHERE EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO SAY GREAT THINGS ABOUT OUR REPUBLIC AND ITS LEADERS WHO NEVER MAKE ANY MISTAKE NOT EVEN AFTER THEIR DEATH. MISTER SUPERDOUG IS A BIG SUPPORTER OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA AND WILL BE MOVED TO A BETTER PLACE IN THE REPUBLIC WHERE NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO INTERRUPT HIM AND HIS HARD WORK FOR THE REPUBLIC ALL THANKS TO HIS HELP IN MAKING THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC A BETTER PLACE.
Is there really a typo in the thread title? scratch

39S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Is there really a typo in the thread title?

There was, it was S.H.I.E.D. for a long time, lol.

40S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:

Ha really? I changed the title last week from "Hickman's new project"...apparently I did it too fast. Whoops blush

41S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Hey is this book bi-monthly? It debuts in April but there's no issue #2 in May.
Yeah I guess it is bi-monthly cuz it just showed up in the solicits for June:

S.H.I.E.L.D. #2
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Pencilled by DUSTIN WEAVER
Cover by GERALD PAREL
Historical Variant by DUSTIN WEAVER
Why don’t we know about the first super heroes of the Marvel Universe? Leonardo Da Vinci, Imhotep, Sir Issac Newton, Nostradamus and Galileo are among the members of the Brotherhood of the Shield and have saved us all countless times. What events did they set in motion that still affect the Marvel U today? Do not miss the book that will be talked about for the next ten years.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25359

42S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Looks awesome, Hickman is probably the most inventive new writer in the last ten years.

43S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:59 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Fresh03 wrote:

Ha really? I changed the title last week from "Hickman's new project"...apparently I did it too fast. Whoops blush
Thanks God that was fixed. It's been driving me insane but I thought I would have come across as anal asking for it to be fixed!!! Laughing

I'm a bit bummed this is only bi-monthly but if it means the art looking as good as it appears to be then it's worth it.

44S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Fresh03 wrote:

Thanks God that was fixed. It's been driving me insane but I thought I would have come across as anal asking for it to be fixed!!! Laughing

I'm a bit bummed this is only bi-monthly but if it means the art looking as good as it appears to be then it's worth it.
I'm pretty anal about stuff like that too so I can't believe I missed it. The acronym plays tricks on the eye when you just glance at it I guess. Wish you woulda told me and saved me the week of embarrassment! tongue

Yeah agreed about it being bi-monthly. I hate waiting so long between issues, but like you said the art will probably look awesome because of it.

45S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I may be the only one who is actually kinda happy this will be a bi-monthly. I'm super excited for the book, don't get me wrong, but I get so many damn books that having a little break every other month is kind of nice.

46S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#1 Preview:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/108/1081477p1.html

Can't wait for this! Apocalypse! Wink

S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Shield-20100401020300158

I love that Da Vinci variant too.

S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Shield-20100401020239205

47S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And the guy on the left of Imhotep, could that be the Ancient Egyptian Moon Knight?? Check out his weapon...

S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Shield-20100401020300158-1

now check out the statue of Khonshu...

S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Khonshu

I'm gonna love this book. big grin

48S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

SHIELD #1

Loved it! The intro setting up some of the history behind the Shield organization was great. I really liked what Hickman did showing the flashbacks with the titans of history like Imhotep, Zhang Heng, Leonardo da Vinci, Galileo, etc. All these guys were like the superheros of their day and saved the world just like Reed Richards or Tony Stark do today. Speaking of which, their dads show up in this and are a couple of badasses...Agent Stark and Agent Richards! Laughing Plus, these new characters Leonid and his father are interesting too. That last page opens up some very interesting possibilities.

And the art by Dustin Weaver was great, his attention to detail is amazing. I can't wait to see what grand scheme Hickman has planned for this, I'm pretty sure he will tie some things in with his other books Secret Warriors and Fantastic Four too so that should be quite the treat.

49S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:05 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Pretty damn good first issue.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

50S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 2 Empty Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:46 pm

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

I picked this up on a whim today an boy am I glad that I did. Without a doubt the best thing I've read from Marvel in a very long time. Just wow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum