Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

My She Wolf Review

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My She Wolf Review Empty My She Wolf Review Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:18 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alright, the first review for this thread will be on Shakira's third English studio album and sixth in total, She Wolf. It's only right for me to point out this is the most critical received album she's ever released...in a mixed kid of way. Most of long time fans of Shakira's older work have cried foul of her move from latin and pop rock to electropop including a bit of dancehall but though transitions can cause a riot, it could also be gold.

She Wolf opens with the song of the same name and first single which will give you yet another taste of you'll be expecting if you're familiar with it. If you're like me, you'll immediately want to dance but that's alright because it's She Wolf's goal to do that. Also, if you're like me and almost everyone else, the first round of listening to the album will rarely have anything to do with the lyrics-usually, most of dance music will go out of it's way to make you dance while making the lyrics so nonexistent, you'll barely notice the lack of a full baked masterpiece. Of course-there's always a catchy line *Ahem* (can you say, "Boom Boom Pow"?) and this album does that and everything else.

One line you'll notice in She Wolf's self-titled song is, 'I'm started to feel just a little confused like a coffee machine in an office'-I've already read another fellow reviewer point this out. It'll make you think, "Hm..." and while you'll still be grooving, after the song is over, you'll want to listen to it again but this time observing the lyrics along as you go-I can't explain any further how I appreciate it when an album accomplishes everything it needs to create an excellent album.

After the first nine tracks, you'll be treated to three tracks of Did It Again, Why Wait and She Wolf in spanish. These different versions don't loose their charm whether you have the International or Latin America/Spain edition-don't be surprised if you find yourself sing them in another language without noticing. Also, you might want to check out the deluxe edition for a remix, two live additions and the bonus track, "Give It Up to Me" featuring Lil Wayne and produced by Timbaland-you won't be disappointed.

I'll have to admit between you and me-I'm not so familiar with Shakira's older work as I would like...especially since she's been my crush since as a kid but this new move she's taken isn't bad for a first try. I also want to give The Neptunes (co-producers) for showing their peak for She Wolf.

Top 5 Songs-

5. Gypsy - Though it's the slowest track of all of the others, it isn't slow at all. In fact, it's still fairly danceable but it gets your attention to listen to what the lyrics are saying. Gyspsy is a unique track that has a different mood but doesn't throw you off.

4. Did It Again/Lo Hecho Está Hecho - Sexy! Sure, Shakira's moans may make some listeners uncomfortable (not here!), but it's what makes the track so different. The Neptunes did a good job on the idea of marching band influences in the background. Did It Again is pretty much the continuation of She Wolf-she's at it again.

3. Mon Amour - This track should remind and please fans of her older work which is good to do showing their one of their favorite artist didn't ditch their roots. Mon Amour is latin pop and pop rock packed together and shipped nicely for listening-melody at one of it's best.

2. Why Wait/Años Luz - What can I say? This track's contagious way to make you dance and memorize it's lyrics is definite. Again, The Neptunes' proves on this track they and Shakira belong to each other. Though Timbaland is at the top of my favorite producers, Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo can put it down!

1. Spy ft. Wyclef Jean - This is it! Remember Hips Don't Lie? Spy reunites Shakira and Wyclef once again and records another track of ear candy. I seriously hope this becomes a single-this song is perfect in every way, I'll just have to post a video of this classic track below!

She Wolf's Report Card - -A

Cover Art-

My She Wolf Review 619mjsAyq3L._SL500_AA240_

Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean - Spy-

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

2My She Wolf Review Empty Re: My She Wolf Review Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:08 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Moved review to the first post. - CTP

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

3My She Wolf Review Empty Re: My She Wolf Review Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Like I said before, excellent review.

4My She Wolf Review Empty Re: My She Wolf Review Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Que

Que
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Great review.

/intelligent mode on

I think that the video of Shewolf is Shakira describing how her love life is practically non-existent and she feels imprisoned by her normal civilised life and wishes to break free and unleash her more primal, feral side.

/intelligent mode off

Damn I would hit that ass so hard

5My She Wolf Review Empty Re: My She Wolf Review Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not the kind of music I listen to, but I thought your review was well written

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

6My She Wolf Review Empty Re: My She Wolf Review Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sci-Fi wrote:Like I said before, excellent review.
Thanks, Sci-Fi! I'll reply to your message in just a few minutes.

Que wrote:Great review.

/intelligent mode on

I think that the video of Shewolf is Shakira describing how her love life is practically non-existent and she feels imprisoned by her normal civilised life and wishes to break free and unleash her more primal, feral side.

/intelligent mode off

Damn I would hit that ass so hard

/intelligent mode on

Thanks, Que. You pretty much hit the nail on its head with the meaning of She Wolf.

/intelligent mode off

I'd be lying having a crush on Shakira all these years and not saying she's got to be a goddess in bed. ...Hm-my intelligent mode off function isn't working. Wink

Denim wrote:Not the kind of music I listen to, but I thought your review was well written
Thanks, Denim. Yeah, I'll be reviewing all types of music in this thread.

7My She Wolf Review Empty Re: My She Wolf Review Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Next one should be good.

8My She Wolf Review Empty Re: My She Wolf Review Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:35 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, everyone-I've changed my mind about filling this thread with my reviews so instead I'll create separate ones because it's more wise to do so. What if my review happens to be the the 20th post on the page and you'll have to find it, I have to hope someone quotes it and all that junk. It'll be better if you all look at all the reviews I have on here without all the hassle. So I'll just have an index of my past reviews in the currently new one, alright? Shock Value II is coming! Laughing - CTP

9My She Wolf Review Empty Re: My She Wolf Review Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:56 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Kewl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum