Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Return of the Monday Night Wars

+10
jaydee74
Rath99
AlienIncognito
Matt
ChrisToPhenom
comicgeekelly
Silent K
shiky800
Fresh03
MillionDollarGeek
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Return of the Monday Night Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Silent K wrote:Yeah...because they fucked it up in the end.

They fucked it up from start to finish. Vince never let the WCW/ECW win (cause god forbid WWE look even a little weak) so the were never a real threat

Last edited by Matt on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

27The Return of the Monday Night Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Kameo_Kid

Kameo_Kid
Cadet
Cadet

I'm hoping that Hogan and Bischoff are mostly playing an on camera role of running things. I'm hoping.. but most likely they are. I'm also hoping that it won't end up running its course like WCW did. Nobody ever knew what was going on in WCW. It was a mess, and you had some of the biggest stars influencing the head office. Guys like Hogan, Nash, and Scott Hall had a lot of pull just because they were the top stars giving themselves pushes and I don't want it to see it play out that way in TNA. TNA has a lot of great talent that should never be ignored.

http://collectorsalliance.proboards.com/index.cgi

28The Return of the Monday Night Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:24 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

that's actually a pretty acurate summary of what's going on in TNA.

i don't see WWE as a clusterfuck, their feuds are fairly compact and easy to follow for the most part.

29The Return of the Monday Night Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:14 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:
Silent K wrote:Yeah...because they fucked it up in the end.

They fucked it up from start to finish. Vince never let the WCW/ECW win (cause god forbid WWE look even a little weak) so the were never a real threat
I never got the impression that ECW/WCW group every looked like a real threat to the WWE either. It was a weak angle from start to finish.

30The Return of the Monday Night Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of the Monday Night Wars Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Bullshit it was weak from start to finish. Everyone was WAITING for the brands to merge, and having people like DDP and Lance Storm do run ins was fucking great. I especially liked when the ECW guys made their presence felt. What killed it was Stone Cold and Stephanie McMahon, and the fact that they didn't have any of the top-tier stars as part of the invasion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum