Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

DC vs Marvel

+2
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
alucardbarnivous
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DC vs Marvel Empty DC vs Marvel Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:11 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What characters do you think should/have to be included if this fighting game was ever done?

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

2DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:21 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good topic. I think one question would be the format of the game. I know Mugen games already do something like this and one can have easily 130 something characters for those (it reaches the point where there are more slots for characters than there are actual characters lol). I think also if we're talking simply superheroes or including properties as well (again Mugen has spoiled me with cartoon inserts Laughing ).

In any case, in a standard 32 - something character format (strictly hereos and villains), I'd like to see:

Dc
1. Green Lantern - Hal Jordan
2. Superman
3. Batman
4. Wonder Woman
5. Flash
6. Captain Marvel - Billy
7. Aquaman - His attacks would be reminiscent of Tempest's hydrokinetic powers though.
8. Martian Manhunter
9. Clayface
10. Lex Luthor (in battle armour)
11. Joker
12. Metamorpho
13. Plastic Man
14. Atroticus
15. Dr. Fate

Marvel
1. Thor
2. Iron Man
3. Captain America
4. Spider-man
5. Wolverine
6. Nightcrawler
7. Morph
8. Ghost Rider
9. Daredevil
10. Sentry
11. Deadpool
12. Storm
13. Nova
14. Speedball (classic Robbie not Bleedball the emo pincushion)
15. Venom (Gargan)
16. Bullseye
17. Hulk
18. Ares
19. Quasar

Bosses:
Parasite
Doomsday
Black Adam
Apocalypse
Beyonder
Dormammu
Mephisto (in his realm)
Darkseid
Nekron - WILL be able to summon zombies nd Black Lanterns Twisted Evil
Thanos
Galactus
A Celestial

The boss list is really just people I'd wanted to fight with (expect Parasite and Black Adam - they're added to make this interesting). Laughing

3DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:09 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DC:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Hawkman
Captain Marvel
Plastic Man
Atom
Blue Beetle
Lex Luthor
Joker
Deahtstroke
Darkseid
Doomsday

Marvel:
Spider-Man
Captain America
Wolverine
Hulk
Iron Man
Thor
Hank Pym
Wasp
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange
Sub-Mariner
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Dr. Doom
Magneto
Venom
Apocalypse

However, as a computer programmer myself, I think you could do a lot of characters. Simply put, a lot of characters have the same powers or similarities. So, you can have arrays attached to different skins: the same moves and abilities but with different bodies. A good example is Kryptonians: you can make a Superman, and easily attach Supergirl, Power Girl, and General Zod to him. Or, for Green Lantern, attach Atrocitus, Agent Orange, Sinestro, Saint Walker, Star Sapphire, and Quasar. Of course, with the Hulk's cast swelling with Red Hulk, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Skaar, Lyra, A-Bomb, Abomination, Doc Samson, and Hercules, you could have them all as skins. If you want to alternate power levels, you could take the RPG route with varying statistic levels.

4DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:DC:
However, as a computer programmer myself, I think you could do a lot of characters. Simply put, a lot of characters have the same powers or similarities. So, you can have arrays attached to different skins: the same moves and abilities but with different bodies. A good example is Kryptonians: you can make a Superman, and easily attach Supergirl, Power Girl, and General Zod to him. Or, for Green Lantern, attach Atrocitus, Agent Orange, Sinestro, Saint Walker, Star Sapphire, and Quasar. Of course, with the Hulk's cast swelling with Red Hulk, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Skaar, Lyra, A-Bomb, Abomination, Doc Samson, and Hercules, you could have them all as skins. If you want to alternate power levels, you could take the RPG route with varying statistic levels.

I like the way you think. Reminds me of MUA's design.

5DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:59 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wink

6DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 am

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

DC
Superman
Batman
Womder Woman
Flash (Barry)
Green Lantern (Hal)
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter
Black Canary
Plastic Man
Blue Beetle (Jamie)
Robin (Tim)
Hawkman

Marvel
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Hulk
The Thing
Daredevil
Shadowcat
Iron Fist
Human Torch
Ms. Marvel

7DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:43 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No villains?

8DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

alucardbarnivous wrote:No villains?

Thought about it, and for some reason I couldn't come up with a strong enough villain roster.

9DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:42 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:

Thought about it, and for some reason I couldn't come up with a strong enough villain roster.

At least you can have skin changes (Superman = General Zod, Flash = Reverse Flash, Green Lantern = Sinestro and Star Sapphire, Spider-Man = Venom, Iron Man = Iron Monger and Iron Patriot, Wolverine = Daken, Hulk = Red Hulk, etc).

10DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:41 am

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

alucardbarnivous wrote:
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:

At least you can have skin changes (Superman = General Zod, Flash = Reverse Flash, Green Lantern = Sinestro and Star Sapphire, Spider-Man = Venom, Iron Man = Iron Monger and Iron Patriot, Wolverine = Daken, Hulk = Red Hulk, etc).

True. Also, Batman = Prometheus.

11DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:31 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd say more Deathstroke.

12DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

An official DC Vs. Marvel will never be released because the awesome Mugen community already working on it and almost done. Unless they go the Street Fighter IV style, Mugen has this wrapped up to go so I'd say until it's finished, create your own game with Mugen-I'll post a tutorial thread here soon. Here are the characters on the project (all can be downloaded)-

DC Universe-

1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Kon-El (Clark Kent)
5. Plastic-Man
6. Ice
7. Green Lantern
8. (Classified)
9. Lobo
10. Parasite
11 Lex Luthor
12. Thanos
13. Secret Boss

Marvel Comics-

1. Hulk
2. Captain America
3. Thor
4. Strong Guy
5. Sandman
6. Crystal
7. Ironman
8. Spider-Man
9. Wolverine
10. Carnage
11. Dr Doom
12. Darkseid
13. Secret Boss

Info-
http://scruffydragon.com/f/dcvsm.html

DC vs Marvel Dcvsm

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

13DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:30 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sweet!

14DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:28 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

ChrisToPhenom wrote:An official DC Vs. Marvel will never be released because the awesome Mugen community already working on it and almost done. Unless they go the Street Fighter IV style, Mugen has this wrapped up to go so I'd say until it's finished, create your own game with Mugen-I'll post a tutorial thread here soon. Here are the characters on the project (all can be downloaded)-

DC Universe-

1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Kon-El (Clark Kent)
5. Plastic-Man
6. Ice
7. Green Lantern
8. (Classified)
9. Lobo
10. Parasite
11 Lex Luthor
12. Thanos
13. Secret Boss

Marvel Comics-

1. Hulk
2. Captain America
3. Thor
4. Strong Guy
5. Sandman
6. Crystal
7. Ironman
8. Spider-Man
9. Wolverine
10. Carnage
11. Dr Doom
12. Darkseid <--????
13. Secret Boss

Info-
http://scruffydragon.com/f/dcvsm.html

DC vs Marvel Dcvsm

15DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:17 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

THALASTDRAGON wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
12. Darkseid <--????
Ah-Scruffy Dragon's typo I guess.

16DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:48 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

lol, it happens

17DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:23 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
alucardbarnivous wrote:DC:

I like the way you think. Reminds me of MUA's design.
That's a cool idea. I always loved unlocking characters behind characters. And, like you put it, they were usually similar, if not as simple as a palette swap with different abilities and/or specials at least. Like Spider-Man's wardrobe from 616 alone, not to mention different universes and others with a "Spider" mantle (Mattie Franklin!!! Wink ).

18DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember having a similar conversation on WUMB, I believe, but just having an awesome 2D fighter would be sweet. Think of the X-Box 360 and PS3's capabilities of holding a whole bunch of characters on the roster when the PS2 could hold 56 with Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and each character was very fluid and detailed; anime-esque.

19DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:38 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I remember having a similar conversation on WUMB, I believe, but just having an awesome 2D fighter would be sweet. Think of the X-Box 360 and PS3's capabilities of holding a whole bunch of characters on the roster when the PS2 could hold 56 with Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and each character was very fluid and detailed; anime-esque.
Agreed-today's video game consoles could hold much more characters including the Wii but if this ever happened, I don't think they'd overdo it...30 fighters on each roster should be enough including special partners of a 20 count.

20DC vs Marvel Empty Re: DC vs Marvel Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:39 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's true. They could add a whole bunch more to it that way. Like, again, costumes and each character getting an intricate background/stage. Let alone interactiveness. Like a certain reaction, voice or action, towards a fighter before the start or after the finish. Stage interaction...there is just so much. I've been watching too many MUGEN fights on Youtube. I'm jealous. Heh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum