Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gonna burn it down!

+3
riv1
superdoug
FroZen
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gonna burn it down! Empty Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:43 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just looking to see what you guys think:

Here's the deal. I bought my wife a Saturn from a local hole-in-the-wall shop/used car dealer. At the time we were really strapped for cash and she needed a car. It's a buy here pay here deal and since they're one of my customers I thought why not. Seemed like a descent deal. Well after driving the car for awhile it started to break down left and right. The ABS would engage for no fucking reason. It'd wear out a set of tires in about 3 months and a bunch of other stuff. Basically its a piece of crap and we got taken for a ride. Now, as it sometimes happens, we had to move bills around and some got paid late, like the car payment on the junk ass Saturn. Well, When making a payment last week my wife was humiliated in front of a bunch of people by the people we bought the car from. My wife explained how everything is going well for us now and all payments would be made on time from now on. In a very nasty way the bitch at the shop belittled and beraded my wife in front of all of her customers and said that if one more payment was late they'd reposses the car. Furious my wife came home, told me, I said they could stick the piece of crap car in their ass and we'll get something else. 3 days later she's driving a Blazer and we took the car back.

Here's the real kicker. Now I still have to deal with these people on a daily basis since they still buy car parts from us. But now they're talking tons of crap about us being deadbeats, and how the car is falling apart and basiclly just telling everyone who walks in the door that they had to take the car away from us for non-payment. They even told this to my manager (which already knew what had happened cause I told him) which is just flat out wrong.

What would you guys do in this situation? I can be a real prick and quite spiteful when pissed off and I really don't want to have to burn they're shop down (that's a joke folks if I was going to I certainly wouldn't post it online)

I'm just frustrated by having my name drug through the dirt, my wife belittled, and everyone who is a patron at this particular shop knowing my personal buisness.

Any suggestions?

2Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:47 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would have my attorney politely inform them that what they are doing is considered malicious slander and defamation of character, and it would be a real shame to have to tie up what little funds they have liquidated to try and defend themselves against the lawsuit they're so obviously hoping for.

BTW, if all your records (payments and repair) are in order (you should show them to your attorney), then you have a VERY strong case for a slander/defamation of character suit, and I would let them know that ASAP.

3Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:59 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I would have my attorney politely inform them that what they are doing is considered malicious slander and defamation of character, and it would be a real shame to have to tie up what little funds they have liquidated to try and defend themselves against the lawsuit they're so obviously hoping for.

BTW, if all your records (payments and repair) are in order (you should show them to your attorney), then you have a VERY strong case for a slander/defamation of character suit, and I would let them know that ASAP.

Yes, everything is in order as well as a few friends of mine that have heard what they've said first hand. I've already considered this, I was just looking for a second opinion.

Thanks Doug...that's great advice, someone should give you an advice column. Smile

4Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:13 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just remember...once your attorney starts talking, you need to stop. Even to us.

5Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:23 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gotcha! First thing I'm gonna do is tell them nicely to stop.If that works, great. Then if I hear one more word about it through other customers, friends, etc. then it's on like Donkey Kong. You'd think after 6 years of providing them with the best service I can in supplying them with auto parts they'd have the common sense to treat me (and my wife) with a little respect.

6Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:54 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Common sense? From people?!?!

GL with your situation, but, come on...common sense????

7Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:53 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing Yeah! What was I thinking! * smacks self in forehead* Sometimes I forget how stupid people are, myself included.

8Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I'm tempted to say you deserve this for buying a Saturn in the first place, but those guys sound like real douchecocks. So go with Doug's advice.

9Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:53 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, Doug's advice is pretty solid...

10Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:03 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I would have my attorney politely inform them that what they are doing is considered malicious slander and defamation of character, and it would be a real shame to have to tie up what little funds they have liquidated to try and defend themselves against the lawsuit they're so obviously hoping for.

This. Do this.

11Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:34 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That! Do that! Wink They shouldn't badmouth for their own faults, no matter what their situation. Even they're having a tough time, doesn't give them the right to drag people in the mud to where they could lose business and hurt them financially.

Have you spoken with them, FroZen? (Buddha, I hate shit-talkers. Always lowly people who do it, and their facts are always exaggerated. Not to stress you even more.)

12Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:Common sense? From people?!?!

GL with your situation, but, come on...common sense????
yeah I know. has hell frozen over yet? or did the moon turn to green cheese yet? Laughing yeah and go with Superdoug's advice.

13Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:21 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green cheese. Mmmmmm....

14Gonna burn it down! Empty Re: Gonna burn it down! Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:08 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I called them last night to ask them nicely to refrain from running their mouths about us or I'd have to "take measures" to insure that it stopped. There was lots of "um...well...uh..." and then finally an apology. How they thought it wouldn't get back to me in a town this small is beyond me. Thanks for listening to my little bitch session. And thanks for the advice Doug.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum