Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men: Second Coming

+21
G_Zatara
TheBrownLantern
elijahdprophet
Jango Fett
Ric Magnum
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Kearstin
DickGrayson007
blue halo
Mnemosis
shiky800
Fresh03
shark6495
Batman25JM
hrdwrkngXsoldier
prescribeddrone
Nymn
Bigtymin504
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

251X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:23 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Apparently Second Coming is taking a break this week. dry
It will resume the week of June 9th...

I could use the break, I don't even have a book coming out this week to read. I guess fresh's 2 books will have to do for my fix. I'll probably get more homework done that way though.

TheBrownLantern wrote:poor Hellion! Kyle and Yost love mutilating the New X-Men...when will it end?

I think they call that takin your lumps. It's like hazing but more violent.

252X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:51 am

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

I don't recall any of the original X-Men ever losing both of their hands...that's rough!
How did that happen anyways?

253X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheBrownLantern wrote:I don't recall any of the original X-Men ever losing both of their hands...that's rough!

How did Iceman get Electrical Burns? They were very fast panels that had no text, I guess we will have to say that they both were Nimrodded.

254X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:
TheBrownLantern wrote:I don't recall any of the original X-Men ever losing both of their hands...that's rough!

How did Iceman get Electrical Burns? They were very fast panels that had no text, I guess we will have to say that they both were Nimrodded.

Is that like getting witchbladed?

255X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:29 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Uncanny X-Men #525 - Second Coming: Chapter 10

We're getting closer to the endgame here and the stakes feel like they're getting higher. Hope is pissed at Scott for sending Cable on a suicide mission. Cable and X-Force arrive in the future and see just how bad things are. The rest of the X-Men are stuck in the sphere fighting for their lives against the Nimrods. And some more MU help shows up to try and break through the forcefield. I was great to see Reed, Tony, and Dr. Nemesis putting their heads together. Also, loved the Watchmen line by Fantomex. Laughing

256X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:50 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

It was nice to see Fantomex. This was a solid issue, some great moments.

Cable's line about how he has blown up things way bigger, the shout out to Days Of Future Past, the humans shocked to see mutants in the future. Awesome.

All of the scientists working on the dome was a pretty cool, Thing and Thor getting brutalized trying to smash their way in was great.

Namor brawling with two Nimrods was cool, I like how he is totally bad ass.

Great issue, can't wait for another.

257X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:41 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Yet another mediocre Fraction issue...I'm sorry but I feel with him there's very little attention to detail. I always look to the X-Men comic book for interesting and different uses of each character's mutant powers (like it used to be in the old Claremont days)...

there's no surprise...i don't know. I never feel the need to re-read these issues because its a one-time read situation. Easy to get, not-so complex

Also, if any characters should be maimed its the X-Club. I can't believe I actually bought that Blind Science one-shot. what was i thinking??? The Hellbound story is better to me...i like the line-up in the story

258X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=24408

Eli and I CLEARLY read different books.

259X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:19 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Mnemosis wrote:http://panelsonpages.com/?p=24408

Eli and I CLEARLY read different books.

Posted a comment there. By no means was this a groundbreaking issue, but it was fast paced and carried the story along. The dialog was pretty rancid for the most part, I agree, but the plotting was done well.

260X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Uncanny X-Men #525 - Second Coming: Chapter 10

I didn't really care for this issue at all. The dialog was horrid, and it didn't really do much to move the story along as a whole.

261X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:46 am

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Batman25JM wrote:Uncanny X-Men #525 - Second Coming: Chapter 10

I didn't really care for this issue at all. The dialog was horrid, and it didn't really do much to move the story along as a whole.

i'm glad i'm not alone on this...thought i was maybe being a little harsh
but C'mon...there's so many great characters. Also, was there even one mention in the issue that Kurt is freakin' DEAD now?!

262X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:17 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

TheBrownLantern wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Uncanny X-Men #525 - Second Coming: Chapter 10

i'm glad i'm not alone on this...thought i was maybe being a little harsh
but C'mon...there's so many great characters. Also, was there even one mention in the issue that Kurt is freakin' DEAD now?!

I don't think there was, they mentioned it in Hellbound though...

263X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:35 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

TheBrownLantern wrote:

I realize it's a major death, but it wouldn't read well for them to, every issue, reference it.

"Oh my god! Every mutant is dead!"
"Just like Kurt!!!"

264X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:06 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Mnemosis wrote:
TheBrownLantern wrote:

I realize it's a major death, but it wouldn't read well for them to, every issue, reference it.

"Oh my god! Every mutant is dead!"
"Just like Kurt!!!"

I get that. But I mean, do somethin'...with issues like that I'm like, Why are they starting a 3rd X-Men title??? Uncanny needs a re-haul stat. Put Medina on Uncanny and give it the flagship title attention it deserves.

Marvel's starting to irritate me. I'm moving over to DC...slowly, but surely

265X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:30 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

UXM #525

I have such mixed feelings about this issue. Every critic on the web has blasted Fraction and with every right to do so. Time and time again the writer has failed to seperate himself from previous (or other current X-sister-related title) writers, other than being known for "going against type."

-There's Fantomex with a stupid Watchmen movie joke. A 5-minute clip in that movie is far better than Fraction's run entirely. I love Fantomex, but don't want to see a Deadpool clone.

-Storm and Iceman finally break strides and impact the story like many of us wish they would. Namor has his big moment.

-Cable also gets the good lines in the X-Force's Days of Future Past while Archangel acts strangely...again. With no surprise, Fraction's character work with X-Men hasn't been a treat. Considering he's arguably the "essential" Iron Man writer--and has his chance to duplicate his mini-success with Thor--his continued presence in Uncanny after Second Coming makes no sense. He hasn't been Chuck Austen bad, but there are far more other capable "X" writers who deserve the shot. Not like this has been Bendis on New Avengers, ya know...

-The art's pretty to look at but yet again appears too cartoony for such a heady story. Sharper, darker details would match the X-tinction inspired story.

-It's funny, because for the most part I really enjoyed this issue. It's when you finally kick back and think about all the mishaps that make you wonder how much more fine-tuned this event could be with another lead act. While it's had it's share of Messiah Complex ups and downs, the storm is coming within the new few weeks...and it's time to get dirty.

3/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

266X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Mutants #14 - Second Coming: Chapter 11

Whoa, probably the best SC issue in weeks! Hope stepping up. Scott rallying the troops. Mutants fighting for their lives against the Nimrods. Professor utilizing his son Legion. Cypher continuing to use his powers in badass ways (I loved his line about X-Force! "Violence is a primitive ugly language. Yet I must admit their fluency allows for poetry..."). And a very interesting development in the future. Not to mention a final page with a certain somebody finally entering the battle...

Zeb Wells is a vastly underrated writer, he's killing it on this story. The art for the NM issues has been great too.

267X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:45 am

comedianviet

comedianviet
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I thought it was a good issue also. I loved how they used Cypher's powers <101001001>.

Who was the green skeleton guy?

http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

268X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:37 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Bigtymin504 wrote:New Mutants #14 - Second Coming: Chapter 11

Whoa, probably the best SC issue in weeks! Hope stepping up. Scott rallying the troops. Mutants fighting for their lives against the Nimrods. Professor utilizing his son Legion. Cypher continuing to use his powers in badass ways (I loved his line about X-Force! "Violence is a primitive ugly language. Yet I must admit their fluency allows for poetry..."). And a very interesting development in the future. Not to mention a final page with a certain somebody finally entering the battle...

Zeb Wells is a vastly underrated writer, he's killing it on this story. The art for the NM issues has been great too.

I couldn't agree more. I feel like with this issue Second Coming is finally coming together for the final showdown between X-Men and Bastion and his army of Nimrod Sentinels. Its just what I've been waiting for. This is Wells best issue of New Mutants to date and it makes me much more excited for the upcoming "Fall of the New Mutants" storyline as well

I loved all the characters being used. Sunspot, Boom-Boom, Husk, Toad, Random, Cyclops, Gentle, Rogue, X-Force. Everyone was involved it all made sense. And I'm really excited for the next X-Men:Legacy issue. For the first time, I'm really excited to have Magneto back in the game. And Legion! How cool was that??? Maybe someone can finally develop this character into more than Professor X's psycho powerful son

its kind of a shock, considering how bland Uncanny 525 was

269X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:50 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=24803

270X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like most people, I loved how they used Cypher. More than that, I loved how calm and calculating he seemed in this issue. This is how he should be used and I can see him becoming more of a major player in the X-universe.

271X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Mutants #14 - Second Coming: Chapter 11

Meh. It wasn't bad or anything, but in all honesty my interest in this story has greatly decreased. I just don't care any more.

272X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:02 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

New Mutants #14

You've guys said it all, terrific issue.

3.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

273X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:58 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men Legacy #237 - Second Coming: Chapter 12

I... I... I just can't take Greg Land's "art" anymore. I CAN'T!!

Story-wise: Meh. I really really don't care about this story anymore.

274X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:13 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Legacy 237 was not as good as the prior NM issue...but i'm still intrigued to see how this storyline ends.

Bastion has his mounted Archangel wings, looking crazy as hell...and for those who remember this goes way way back to New X-Men #20 when Kyle & Yost had Stryker kill of Icarus for his wings

This x-over was way too long. A lot of the action probably could have been condensed but I do like what they are doing with this Hope character. Just when you think its going to go one way, they switch it up, and now I'm not sure where they're taking her...hopefully somewhere exciting and different. But that, is good writing in my opinion

275X-Men: Second Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:32 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:X-Men Legacy #237 - Second Coming: Chapter 12

I... I... I just can't take Greg Land's "art" anymore. I CAN'T!!

Agreed. I wish they'd put Fraction and Land on one book so I wouldn't have to suffer either one of them.

I liked this issue from a writing stand point though.

I can't help but feel that maybe this story has been spread out over too many issues. I can miss two issues of it (Uncanny and New Mutants) every month and it doesn't feel like I really miss anything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum