Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men: Legacy

+2
comicgeekelly
Administrator
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1X-Men: Legacy Empty X-Men: Legacy Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:33 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Issue #222 review: http://panelsonpages.com/?p=2550

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

2X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:23 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Bump.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:27 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really like this book. IMO, it is much better than Uncanny.

4X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:03 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really like Legacy, I like it more because Fraction isn't writing it. The character choice for this arc is good and I want to see if Emplate will eventualy connect with Selene's plot as some point, especially with the slight similarity of he and the rest of the Necrosha cabal.

5X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm still enjoying this book, mainly cuz I love Rogue and Gambit. As long it focuses on them I'll be happy. I've always liked Daniel Acuña's art too. His style is so unique.

6X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i hate books like this and Avengers Initiative cuz my punchlist is already way too high with other books

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

7X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men Legacy #232

Rogue, Magneto, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and company VS Proteus is still a mismatch lol. I loved watching the X-Men try to fight this insanely powerful mutant. Rogue and Magneto are doing their best but I can't see how you stop someone this powerful, guess we'll find out next issue...

8X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:47 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men Legacy #233

This wrapped up the Proteus part of Necrosha. We see some good interaction between Rogue and Destiny and Blind fold and Destiny. There are also some uncomfortable moments between Magneto and Rogue. Magneto's Powers seem to have evolved a bit, doing things that I haven't seen him do much, but at least the writer gives us an explination of how. Solid end to the story, Necrosha ends next month and most of the books should be lined up for Second Coming to begin.

9X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:01 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men Legacy #234

First off, a key to this story is we discover that the Pheonix Force is MIA. They aren't able to find it. So we have seen in leave Rachel in space during War of Kings, and we have seen the Force leave the Stepford Cuckoos. This definately has something to do with Hope and Second Coming, just from the teaser images. Scott says he will get the X-club sciece guys on it...I'm sure one of them will be smart enough to look through time, but it may not matter by the time they get things together for SC. When are they gonna get their own mini?

We have a lot of character work being done in this issue for Rogue, Gambit, Magneto, and Indra. All of that just seems a little bit lame as we watch Rogue perform her guidance councler role at the school. Over all the issue was okay.

3 out of 5 dirty thoughts about Rogue.

10X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:22 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

X-Men Legacy #234

This issue tweening X-Necrosha and Second Coming is none other than fantastic filler. I think hrdwrkingXsldr said it all, other than our disagreement about the issue's quality. And yes, Rogue's never looked better. There's no way Anna Paquin--while cute--could ever live up to this beauty. All superficial insignificants aside, Rogue's bubbly personality and southern drawl are perfectly captured by Mike Carey. With issue's like this, here's to hoping Fraction sticks to Iron Man and Thor (well, he should), allowing Carey to script either both Uncanny and Legacy or a combination of both titles. I wouldn't mind seeing Pacquette pushing Land aside and alternating arcs with the Dodson's.

This story does a great job at teasing Rogue's love interests Gambit and Magneto, with titillating conversations that leave just enough open room for more intrigue. Ooh, now that sounded dirty. While being a motherly figure to a wide arrray of junior X-men--who we very well know will never overshadow the likes of Storm, Wolvie, Nightcrawler, etc.--is a semi-lame concept, it helps those figures out that many readers might look to as filler. If this device helps round out the depth in those characters, then all the better.

4/5 Bags&Boards - One of the week's better Marvel issues just so happens to be intended X-Men filler. Go figure.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

11X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Caught up on #234, great stand alone story with Rogue. She's doing a great job of mentoring all the youngins on Utopia. It was great the way she helped Indra, he's got some pretty badass powers now and hopefully we see more of him showcasing them. I really liked the parts with Remy and Magneto too...who will she choose? Also, loved the cover:

X-Men: Legacy 148_X_MEN_LEGACY_234

wub

12X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:03 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 238 is the start of a nice post event story. I'm enjoying what's happened thus far and I loved the cover.

13X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:40 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

239 was pretty good. I really love the cover by Yu.

14X-Men: Legacy Empty Re: X-Men: Legacy Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just finished reading #241. A decent wrap up to the arc that I just picked up on. I continue to enjoy Fraction's writing and felt that this arc was a decent pick up point for me, (I have been away from comics for a year and a half).

While I was not at all familer with the newer characters, I did find them intresting enough to not mind seeing them again, although I am looking forward to the next issue in which I will be reunited with more familer faces.

With so many differnet X-books out there and a limited budget, this one becomes my choice pick just because it is the one that features Rogue.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum