Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit

+6
The_Donster
Mnemosis
Administrator
riv1
Batman25JM
Jherek
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:02 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091231/ap_on_en_mo/eu_britain_honors

Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Capt.fbe15c64c3784ca58c2871d6dd027792.britain_honors_la106.jpg?x=213&y=321&xc=1&yc=1&wc=271&hc=408&q=85&sig=YX5_mj7bqneBiU
LONDON – There's an especially starry knight in Britain's latest round of royal honors.
Patrick Stewart — "Star Trek: The Next Generation's" Capt. Jean-Luc Picard — becomes Sir Patrick in Queen Elizabeth II's New Year honors list,
"This is an honor that embraces those actors, directors and creative teams who have in these recent years helped fill my life with inspiration, companionship and sheer fun," said 69-year-old Stewart, who recently returned to the British stage following a long career in Hollywood that included playing Professor Charles Xavier in three "X-Men" films.
A separate honors list in New Zealand bestowed a knighthood on the king of Middle Earth — "Lord of the Rings" filmmaker Peter Jackson.
Jackson, 53, was knighted in New Zealand, his native land and the filming location for the trilogy, which collected 17 Academy Awards. The New Zealand award is approved by the queen, the country's head of state.
Jackson is currently is working on the two-movie prequel "The Hobbit," also based on a book by J.R.R. Tolkien, with Mexican director Guillermo del Toro.

2Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome.

3Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:50 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How cool for both of them!

4Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:56 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Now a duel with Ian McKellen will be more fitting.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

5Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:45 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

It has been made so.

6Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:07 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

My wife gave me that bit of good news last night, but it didn't hit me until this morning. Congratulations to both of them.

7Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:27 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's pretty cool.

Quick question--and I don't mean to belittle the title they've recieved--what does the title grant someone when knighted nowadays? I mean, it isn't like they trained to be knights or anything.

Again, not to demean...I wanna be knighted.

8Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

A title and recognition of your work by the Queen. And, quite possibly, becoming #512,741 in line to be the next monarch "in case of..."

9Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:45 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I get that. But it holds no real power unless a otherworldly catastrophe happens?

10Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:02 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I get that. But it holds no real power unless a otherworldly catastrophe happens?
Plus, if you say you're a knight, you get a free small soda at the movies.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

11Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ surprised

12Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

And a 12% discount from the girls at the corner of the street 10 months a year (every 3rd weekend during these months and not during holidays).

13Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:18 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ yikes I'll just take the first coupon.

14Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:29 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

For some reason I thought Patrick Stewart was already a knight.

15Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:48 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

has Christopher Lee been knighted yet?

16Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:33 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

I think Christopher Lee was knighted the last go round for some reason? Yep, looks like he was knighted back in October.

17Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:40 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:I think Christopher Lee was knighted the last go round for some reason? Yep, looks like he was knighted back in October.
cool.

18Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:05 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Gandicles wrote:For some reason I thought Patrick Stewart was already a knight.
My brother thought the same.

19Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

rwe1138 wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:^ I get that. But it holds no real power unless a otherworldly catastrophe happens?
Plus, if you say you're a knight, you get a free small soda at the movies.

CAWG!!!

I'm gonna TRY that and hope they just don't check my credentials.

20Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

<xcxcx<[X====================>

21Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Empty Re: Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Well really it carries no particular benefits or favors but I'm pretty sure it'll get you a table at a swanky restuarant. It's just become a way for the Queen at her Government's suggestion to reward an individuals' personal bravery, achievement, or service to the U.K. She's obviously a big Sci Fi fan. Sir Trek and Lord Hobbit 29517
Also they get to insist on being addressed as Sir Patrick and Sir Peter. Which is cool I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum