Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Trek Sequel

+2
jaydee74
ChrisToPhenom
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Star Trek Sequel Empty Star Trek Sequel Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:06 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

The film's major cast members have signed on for two sequels. Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof began writing the script for a sequel in March 2009. J. J. Abrams and Bryan Burk will produce, although Abrams has not signed to direct. When speaking on the alternate reality set up in Star Trek, Abrams commented that it would be "ridiculous to not be open" to ideas like resurrecting William Shatner's James T. Kirk or recasting Khan Noonien Singh. "The idea, now that we are in an independent timeline, allows us to use any of the ingredients from the past — or come up with brand-new ones — to make potential stories," he said. Orci and Kurtzman explained the dilemma for the sequel was whether to pit the crew against another villain, or to have an "exploration sci-fi plot where the unknown and nature itself is somehow an adversary." On recasting Khan, Orci questioned "why take the chance? "Paramount is planning to release the sequel on June 29, 2012.

In an interview with the BBC, Abrams confirmed that no script for a sequel yet exists as of March 5, 2010. He also acknowledged that both cast and director have yet to be confirmed.

2Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There's going to be a sequel. Without question.

3Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah, they remade the movies to basically revitialize the franchise. so mission accomplished, now bring on the klingons!

4Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:01 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

ChrisToPhenom wrote:On recasting Khan, Orci questioned "why take the chance? "Paramount is planning to release the sequel on June 29, 2012.

Oh good, I was thinking that they would just go straight to Khan for the sequel. Glad they seem to be thinking of other roads to take.

5Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well, whatever thay do i'm excited i loved that first one. i've watched every single trek show and movie so i'm always itching for more.

6Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:01 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait for the sequel. I HATED Star Trek prior to the release of the 2009 movie. I loved the movie so much that I gave Star Trek a chance again. I'm really loving Voyager. I'm in the middle of the second season of that. I'm in the middle of the first season for both Enterprise and The Next Generation, and I'm liking both of them. I've also watched the first episode of Deep Space Nine, and I think it's decent. I can't watch The Original Series. It's just WAY too dated.

7Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:19 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DS9 was the best to me, it was so....grounded. and watch the orginal in blu ray, it helps, but for me all of them were just a piece to the pie i like to eat.

8Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:23 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah DS9 picks up after the 2nd season and then I think Worf comes in around the 3rd?

9Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:44 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

might have been the 4th, but even without worf it was picking up he just added to the pot to me. the jem'hadar were just coming up, they got the defiant, AND odo found his origins......before all that.....sorry if i spoiled anythng.

10Star Trek Sequel Empty Re: Star Trek Sequel Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Next Generation doesn't really pick up until the 3rd season. The first season was fair and the second season was not too bad but I hated that Dr. Pulaski character. She was a bad Dr. McCoy rip-off. The 3rd season is where the show really spreads it's wings and takes off. DS9 is awesome. Ronald D. Moore of the new BSG was a part of the creative process and helped make that show awesome. As much as I loved the show from the beginning, the moment they got the Defiant and Sisko became Captain, it somehow got better. I wasn't a huge fan of the last season but overall, DS9 had a great run. Voyager to me was better on paper than execution. The best part of Voyager was the Robert Picardo as the holographic Doctor. Enterprise was just eh. Nothing bad but nothing great. I like the original series because of the fact it created everything else. The way I rank the shows:

Next Generation
DS9
Original Series
Voyager
Enterprise

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum