Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD

+11
superdoug
Silent K
Lantern Lite
Mnemosis
Airwolf
Topcat
Debaser77
Joshua
shining knight
FroZen
jaydee74
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Tue May 05, 2009 8:44 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I just saw Star Trek last night and it was all kinds of awesome. This movie is going to please ALL kinds of audiences. It's got a ton of nods for the Star Trek fan and at the same time it's a great movie for someone who has never seen Star Trek. I love it. thumbs up

2THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Tue May 05, 2009 5:16 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm looking forward to seeing it.

3THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Thu May 07, 2009 12:08 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Simon pegg was really good in it and it is all kinds of awesome

4THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Thu May 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I might try and see it tonight after I hit the gym, depending on how I'm feeling.

5THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Thu May 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Can't go this weekend...going out of town with the missus...but I'm definitely checking it out next weekend. The more previews I see, the more I want to see it.

6THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Fri May 08, 2009 8:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's so outstanding. I think this will be the movie of the summer.

7THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Fri May 08, 2009 9:12 am

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Planning to see this tonight - totally can't wait!!

http://www.tamarasanime.com

8THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Fri May 08, 2009 10:21 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

saw it - loved it! will see it again!

9THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Star Trek Movie Sun May 10, 2009 1:01 am

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's one of the best sci-fi movies I've seen in a long, long time.

I thought the cast did a great job of representing the old characters, while not going too far to be imitations. McCoy stuck out as the best to me-- there were a few points where his resemblance to the old Bones was uncanny.

My only complaints:
Spoiler:

Other than that, tho', this was totally the movie I had hoped "The Phantom Menace" would be.
It was entertaining and fun, and I look forward to seeing what they do in the future.

http://www.tamarasanime.com

10THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

My two cents will be up as a review shortly. Long story short? I'm conflicted.

11THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Lantern Lite

Lantern Lite
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Mnemosis wrote:My two cents will be up as a review shortly. Long story short? I'm conflicted.

no conflist here, I loved the skirts!! Twisted Evil

12THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 10, 2009 10:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MERGED!!

This movie was absolutely awesome. Probably my favorite of the Trek movies.

13THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

It was good. Nothing really wowed me.

14THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Mon May 11, 2009 8:09 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm going to be a guest on a podcast called Comic Geek Speak. We're going to record a discussion review tonight about Star Trek that should be available on iTunes later this week. Should be awesome.

15THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Tue May 12, 2009 9:23 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think a great example of this movie was the Kobayashi Maru. You don't have to have seen Star Trek II to have enjoyed this scene, but there are a few nods to Wrath of Khan like Kirk eating the apple and just having a cocky attitude about the whole situation that as a Trek fan, I just loved. This movie really had something for everyone. thumbs up

16THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Tue May 12, 2009 10:44 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I think a great example of this movie was the Kobayashi Maru. You don't have to have seen Star Trek II to have enjoyed this scene, but there are a few nods to Wrath of Khan like Kirk eating the apple and just having a cocky attitude about the whole situation that as a Trek fan, I just loved. This movie really had something for everyone. thumbs up

You can PM me with the details, but does the Kobiyashi Maru simulation end like it does in the Kobiyashi Maru novel (if you've read it)? Because that was an awesome bit of storytelling.

17THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Tue May 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

jaydee74 wrote:I'm going to be a guest on a podcast called Comic Geek Speak. We're going to record a discussion review tonight about Star Trek that should be available on iTunes later this week. Should be awesome.

My ITunes won't let me download podcasts for some reason. Is there another way to get it?

I hope I'll get to see Trek on Saturday.

18THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Wed May 13, 2009 12:57 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

this movie DID have a tie in to the last series - ENTERPRISE

scotty got marooned because he took admiral Archer's prized dog as a test subject...

welll - assuming its the same archer i was thinking of that played the nx-01 captain..

what do you guys think?

19THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Wed May 13, 2009 12:59 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

so if you aren't really into star trek will you still enjoy this movie?

20THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Wed May 13, 2009 1:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:so if you aren't really into star trek will you still enjoy this movie?

Yes.

21THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Wed May 13, 2009 1:01 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gemwolf wrote:this movie DID have a tie in to the last series - ENTERPRISE

scotty got marooned because he took admiral Archer's prized dog as a test subject...

welll - assuming its the same archer i was thinking of that played the nx-01 captain..

what do you guys think?
I thought that was hilarious. Laughing

22THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Wed May 13, 2009 1:01 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I'm going to be a guest on a podcast called Comic Geek Speak. We're going to record a discussion review tonight about Star Trek that should be available on iTunes later this week. Should be awesome.

My ITunes won't let me download podcasts for some reason. Is there another way to get it?

I hope I'll get to see Trek on Saturday.
http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-805.php

23THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Wed May 13, 2009 1:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I think a great example of this movie was the Kobayashi Maru. You don't have to have seen Star Trek II to have enjoyed this scene, but there are a few nods to Wrath of Khan like Kirk eating the apple and just having a cocky attitude about the whole situation that as a Trek fan, I just loved. This movie really had something for everyone. thumbs up

You can PM me with the details, but does the Kobiyashi Maru simulation end like it does in the Kobiyashi Maru novel (if you've read it)? Because that was an awesome bit of storytelling.

I don't remember to be honest. I have the book but it's been forever since I read it.

24THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 17, 2009 2:04 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

jaydee74 wrote:
shiky800 wrote:so if you aren't really into star trek will you still enjoy this movie?

Yes.

I'm a casual Trek fan at best, and I had a great time at the movie.

25THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 17, 2009 2:08 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

jaydee74 wrote:
http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-805.php

Cool. Thanks!

A few minor quibbles with the flick:

1. I agree with Topcat...Bana was pretty blah as the Romulan leader.

2. Why the hell did they cast Winona Ryder in old-lady makeup as Spock's mother? They couldn't find any older actresses?

3. So kids will still be listening to the Beastie Boys in the 23rd Century?

Those are very minor, though. I enjoyed it a lot, and can't wait for the next one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum