Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD

+11
superdoug
Silent K
Lantern Lite
Mnemosis
Airwolf
Topcat
Debaser77
Joshua
shining knight
FroZen
jaydee74
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 17, 2009 3:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-805.php

Cool. Thanks!

A few minor quibbles with the flick:

1. I agree with Topcat...Bana was pretty blah as the Romulan leader.

2. Why the hell did they cast Winona Ryder in old-lady makeup as Spock's mother? They couldn't find any older actresses?

3. So kids will still be listening to the Beastie Boys in the 23rd Century?

Those are very minor, though. I enjoyed it a lot, and can't wait for the next one.

1. Bana's character wasn't supposed to be some military genius or anything like that. He was an average Romulan who in the future loses so much that he becomes what he becomes.

2. That I am not so sure. It's not like she was in the movie for that long though.

3. I thought that was a great little part of the movie.

27THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

jaydee74 wrote:

1. Bana's character wasn't supposed to be some military genius or anything like that. He was an average Romulan who in the future loses so much that he becomes what he becomes.

I'm just hoping we get a better villian for the next one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Khan.

28THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 17, 2009 7:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

I'm just hoping we get a better villian for the next one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Khan.

Well, since you get the reboot of sorts, there is always the possibility of having Khan.

29THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Antonio Banderas ees KHAN!

30THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Silent K wrote:Antonio Banderas ees KHAN!

DEES EES DE CETI ALPHA CINCO!

31THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Sun May 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Topcat

Topcat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Antonio Banderas ees KHAN!

<insert Steve Buscemi voice here>

"So, I'm sitting there, and in walks the biggest Eugenics War refugee I have ever seen. Big as shit. Just walks right in like he owns the place...
It was as if the lights dimmed, just for him."

http://www.tamarasanime.com

32THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Mon May 18, 2009 11:22 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Finally saw this yesterday and I REALLY liked it. I certainly liked it better than Wolverine. I'm finding it hard to nitpick this one at all. Even most of the criticisms I read beforehand that at the time seemed valid really don't anymore.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

33THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Mon May 18, 2009 12:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Speaking as someone who is not a fan of any other Star Trek entity, I LOVED this movie. I thought it was beyond fantastic.

34THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Batman25JM wrote:Speaking as someone who is not a fan of any other Star Trek entity, I LOVED this movie. I thought it was beyond fantastic.
I think the movie was a great way to free Trek from the Trekkies, so to speak.

35THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Tue May 19, 2009 9:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Speaking as someone who is not a fan of any other Star Trek entity, I LOVED this movie. I thought it was beyond fantastic.
I think the movie was a great way to free Trek from the Trekkies, so to speak.
I agree. I just wish I could get my wife to watch it. I think she would really like it.

36THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:45 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not a fan of Star Trek--still kind of wouldn't mind to see the reboot.

Anyways, just caught this news about R2-D2 being in the film and thought I'd share it.
THE OFFICIAL STAR TREK THREAD - Page 2 Pseudoblog_r2d2startrek600

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum