Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Independence Day sequel(s)

+7
Joshua
hrdwrkngXsoldier
ChrisToPhenom
rwe1138
Heytherejeffro
Denim
Bigtymin504
11 posters

Do you want ID4 sequels?

Independence Day sequel(s) Vote_lcap53%Independence Day sequel(s) Vote_rcap 53% [ 8 ]
Independence Day sequel(s) Vote_lcap47%Independence Day sequel(s) Vote_rcap 47% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8874:independence-day-sequel-may-be-closer-to-happening-than-ever-before&catid=43:exclusive-features&Itemid=73

There are rumors of a sequel or sequels in the works, with Will Smith signed. Not sure if they're true, but still interesting to think about.

Personally, I was a HUGE fan of the movie when it came out so I would love to see this.

2Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really hated ID4. I blame this movie for starting the let's just blow shit up and fuck plot trend.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

3Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not every story's ending needs to be expanded upon. I voted no.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

4Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I really hated ID4. I blame this movie for starting the let's just blow shit up and fuck plot trend.
Haha that is true but I expect nothing less from Roland Emmerich. I was 10 when it came out so that's what I loved about it at the time, but watching it now I do see the huge flaws.

I still wanna see the sequels though, if nothing more than for nostalgic reasons lol. Plus, I gotta imagine the aliens had some sort of plan B if things didn't go exactly as they planned.

5Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:30 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Meh. I'm not opposed to the idea, but I don't love it either. I say they do it. If it looks good I'll watch, and if it doesn't I'll skip it.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

6Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:38 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hahaha-I thought I already posted a thread for this but in WUMB.

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:48 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I say yes as long as the original writer/director/production team is in charge of it. It would be nice to see if there were repercussions for taking down their first assault. But if someone like Michael is on the flick it would be a FAIL right out of the gate.

I would definately not want to see a remake. Remake out-dated movies, or ones that sucked to begin with. Leave good movies alone.

8Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:I say yes as long as the original writer/director/production team is in charge of it. It would be nice to see if there were repercussions for taking down their first assault.
Yeah I would think the aliens had some sort of ground assault planned if things went bad, there's no way they all died in the ship crashes. I think there are a lot of cool ways to continue this story.

9Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:01 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Booo-I don't want a sequel.

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoy the first Independence Day movie, but I see no reason to explore a sequel. The only logical story progression is, "More aliens try to exterminate us" in which you essentially get the same movie, only without Harry Connick Jr. Fuck that.

11Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Unless...Harry Connick Jr. survived somehow! Suspect

12Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:Not every story's ending needs to be expanded upon. I voted no.
Yea. Same.

I guess there could be some original thought put into it, but they'd really have to leave the first film, and titling it something else'd be a start. Independence Day...Again!

If it was the far future and we started cultivating and inhabiting other planets and terrain moons, things like that, and we discover there homeworld and go to exterminate them. Laughing That'd be great.

Oh, but no "World Tree." Heh.

13Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first was sorta lame so meh. The only sorta cool thing about it was the special effects scenes with the alien ships and destruction they caused.

14Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:06 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I feel that if there's going to be a couple of sequels let alone one, the writers will have to make the unrealistic scenes from the original make sense. Flying one of the alien's spacecraft into the mothership? Awesome. What killed the moment? Sending a virus into the ships system using a Mac. Why show that another alien race tried to help Earth but was a little too late and coincidentally sent it at the same time? I don't know but I can see the District 9 sequel doing what this idea will...I just hope the sequel will be good enough for a trilogy.

15Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

"Welcome BACK to Urf!"

No thank you.

16Independence Day sequel(s) Empty Re: Independence Day sequel(s) Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome !!

I loved ID4 and always hoped for a sequel !!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum