Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Cloverfield Sequel Thread

+6
riv1
Gandicles
BlueMaxx
Spaced4SimonPegg
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
10 posters

Do Want a Sequel?

The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Vote_lcap47%The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Vote_rcap 47% [ 8 ]
The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Vote_lcap12%The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Vote_rcap 12% [ 2 ]
The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Vote_lcap29%The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Vote_rcap 29% [ 5 ]
The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Vote_lcap12%The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Vote_rcap 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:49 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not alone when I say, "I loved the sh-t out of Cloverfield. It seems the same thing J.J. Abrams announced that a sequel is still in discussion but he's "reluctant" to work on one...reluctant? Is he serious? Doesn't he know if a sequel released in theaters at anytime, it's fanbase would be bigger than it ever was? But luckily he added they were working on something that "could be kind of cool and it would be a totally different kind of thing but it's too early to talk about." Us fans know that the whole film gave hints everywhere in it including the credits and it's promising us a sequel and to not to is would be a major disappointment.

I'd like to either see three things which is a "Crash" storyline compilation, a soldier's point of view or a documentary of Clover's rampage aftermath.

What do you want to see?

Fan Poster-

The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Cloverfield_2_maybe_in_paris_by_capix80

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Thu May 06, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 5 times in total

2The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want to see destruction.

3The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:I want to see destruction.

I want to see a monster for more than 30 seconds....I think I am one of the few people that didn't like it.

4The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ya, if it isn't Cloverfield sequel, but instead Cloverfield-esque, which is how I took Abrams comment about being totally different but with the same pov theme.

5The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:10 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I chose "If it's done right."

And by done right, I mean none of that handheld nonsense. That shit got old after about 10 minutes. Also, needs more monster.

6The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:09 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I say no. That flick was great just as it was, no follow up's needed.

7The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:56 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

I think if is done write ALA video camera!
If they do it like blair witch 2 it looses the essence.
I rather them leave it if they dont do it the same again.
I like not seeing much of the monster ,it is a nice imaginative take.
The suspense of the unknowing

8The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:03 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Well, see--I really think Abrams meant a completely different story. At most, a sister-movie to Cloverfield, as in the same universe. But that's it. I think he dug the style of the execution of the story through the pov-camerawork, and knows that others did, too.

9The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:44 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If they make a sequel they should do it once again 'shaky camera' style. I think they should do it from the perspective of a news crew on the ground of an attack.

They could also introduce a second monster.

10The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Or a whole new monster, or something entirely different than a giant monster. Not sure what, but they could.

I do like the news camera as a better excuse. Because the camerawork in REC/Quarantine didn't make my eyes go out of focus like Cloverfield.

11The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In January 2010, J.J Abrams confirmed that a sequel is 'in development'.

News-

J.J. Abrams has offered an update on the status of his Cloverfield sequel.

Speaking to MTV, the producer revealed that the follow-up to the 2008 monster movie is currently in development.

"We're working on something right now with that and again, you know, it's early stages," Abrams said.

The director also joked that the sequel to his Star Trek reboot would focus on the Gorn, a race of lizard people featured in the original series.

"We just thought it would be fun... to go Gorn," he jested.

12The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:31 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Too bad it's just an inside joke...

13The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:45 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, that's dumb.

That is not the Cloverfield monster. And, as for the "Dharma logo" in the movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ba_gua

It existed before Lost, it has nothing to do with Lost.

Hell, Oceanic was in the Kurt Russell movie Executive Decision. Does that mean that that movie fits into the Lost mythology!? OH MY GOD, COULD BE!!

Rolling Eyes

14The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:49 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:No, that's dumb.

That is not the Cloverfield monster. And, as for the "Dharma logo" in the movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ba_gua

It existed before Lost, it has nothing to do with Lost.

Hell, Oceanic was in the Kurt Russell movie Executive Decision. Does that mean that that movie fits into the Lost mythology!? OH MY GOD, COULD BE!!

Rolling Eyes
Yeah, I got to my senses after a few minutes-it was nice to jump up and down squealing like a little girl though.

15The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Well, Tenime, I'm pretty positive Abrams put that logo in the intro to the movie as a nod. I doubt it takes place in the same universe, like people wanting Fringe to, but it is to represent Lost.

16The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Thu May 06, 2010 2:15 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

Super 8 is an upcoming film being produced by JJ Abrams & Bad Robot Productions.

It was initially reported to be either a sequel, or a prequel to the 2008, hit film Cloverfield. However, Abrams quickly responded to those reports by stating "You have to check out the trailer, But it has nothing whatsoever to do with Cloverfield, despite your expert reporting."

17The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Empty Re: The Cloverfield Sequel Thread Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I dug the first one, but I'm not at all interested in a sequel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum